Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Which 416

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 23rd, 2013, 00:36   #1
jomor

Which 416

Okay I read the FCC 416 review and it scared me! $3000. and it still needed to be worked on?? Can you use magpul aeg emags in it?? I love TM products and their new 416 looks awesome! But whats the deal with the Battery? Can you use regular crane stock batteries or just their newly designed one? I have lusted for the VFC 416 and now that it has the proper H&K stock on it I want it even more! However, I see I can pick up a Hurricane kit and build my own?
I missed out on a VFC 416 that was tricked out with all LONEX internals( palm to the forehead!) So now which way should I go????????????????
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 00:45   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

vfc.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 00:47   #3
Danke

You can convert the TM to run regular batteries if you want.

I have a VFC with every cool part in the book when it was made and I'm thinking of changing to the TM. The battery and wiring is just such a drag on mine.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 00:50   #4
theshaneler

the fcc is a PTW, so you can only use PTW mags. although you can get PTW mags with Pmag shells on them, but they will run you $30-$50 each.

I haven't researched any AEGs in the last 3 years, but TM is always a safe bet internally, and VFC is a safe bet externally. WE also makes a GBBR version that is sexy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:19   #5
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Pmags shouldn't even fit in a 416 silly. That's what Emags are for.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:27   #6
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Pmags shouldn't even fit in a 416 silly. That's what Emags are for.
not sure about the ptw pmags, but i know that real gen3?? pmags do fit hk416s.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:30   #7
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
not sure about the ptw pmags, but i know that real gen3?? pmags do fit hk416s.
The new onrs without the upper 2 nubs? Yea but I havent seen an Airsoft version of those yet? Or maybe retailers havent changed pictures and descriptions.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:12   #8
Immelmann

I swear I see a new one of these threads every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhc View Post
i actually dont like COD. im more worried that airsoft will make me violent or messed in the head.
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 11:16   #9
McFearsom

Vfc ftw, swap hop up and good to go. But the lonex/ modify parts create a beast!
Old June 23rd, 2013, 15:34   #10
jomor

Lonex

I'm stilll really upset that missed out on the VFC 416 Lonex built one that was on the AEG for sale here on the ASC. It went for a low $600. UGGG.
Okay so I will forget the PTW version. I don't mind the money but mags and extras would be an issue for me. I have aload of e-mags waiting to mate with a 416!
Has anyone seen the battery connection inside the TM 416? I'm curious to know how easy/hard it would be to convert it to deans.
Thanks for the all the input guys. I know that there have been quite a few posts about the 416 but I think mine is still pertanent and not redundant.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 19:16   #11
KenTsui

I own an Umarex (VFC) HK416. Like everyone says, externally awesome. Very solid. The buffer tube looks like it'll fit any normal buffer tube battery, but I haven't tried it. I'm actually using a 7.4V 2000 mAH nun-chuck battery in the two side compartments.

And the Gen 3 Pmags don't fit without modification. I sanded off the top bump of the magazine and it works fine now.

Can't really comment on the internals since I mod'ed it even before I shot it. Everything seems pretty standard.
KenTsui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 21:54   #12
jomor

MAGS

I knew from the begining that the pmags won't fit. My post says emags. I was just wondering if regular aeg mags work in the PTW but I know now they don't. I won't go down the PTW route. I could several guns for the price of just on FCC 416. I mean SEVERAL, so no thats out for sure.
So now it's either the VFC or the TM. I like the engraving on the TM better. The new VFC seems to have the encylodia Brittanica written on one side of it!
But is it worth a $1000. for the TM knowing that I will do some work on the battery connection?
Old June 24th, 2013, 08:31   #13
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

imo... not worth it for the tm if you're talking about the recoil shock. Not many people work on them and they don't use standard aeg parts. a vfc can be made to shoot even more beautifully than what what it comes out of the box, and you'll still be ahead of the tm.
Old June 25th, 2013, 20:00   #14
jomor

Thanks

Thank you Lurkingknight. That has swayed back to the VFC. I'm not overly convinced into buying EBB's. Seems too much like a gimick, plus the battery bothers me to. Thanks for you input and guess thats it VFC it is!!

My thanks to everyone for your input!
Old July 25th, 2013, 23:59   #15
TheOneCarlisle

Know one mentions the JG 416,is it a bad model?
TheOneCarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion