Daytona Gun System

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 13th, 2014, 17:15   #46
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
That MG42 is sick, how much did that thing weigh?? lol

Did a bit of googling and youtubing, do any of the daytona kits offer a bolt lock/stop? I've seen a few mentions of a bolt stop for the M4 kit but that's it.

There's only one aspect of the daytona guns I've seen that I don't quite like and its the lack of realistic gun manipulation/action. Its a little too much like an AEG in that regards and GBBR's win in that area for me with the need to actually rack, chamber, hit bolt catch, etc.

But with that being said, still interested in it for the recoil, consistency and all season functionality. A SA58 OSW, AK105, or Noveske NSR based SPR AR would be nice to have (a SPR or DMR build seems to best suited for a daytona kit considering its consistency).

Also, whats the gas/air consumption rate on a daytona? Seeing as not a lot of fields have HPA fills vs Co2 it might be a bit of a concern.
beta678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 18:38   #47
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
That MG42 was amazing and a beast when I got to try it.

Was freaking heavy and the owner stated it's pretty ungamable.

As far as I know GBBR has one on his M4 and is the only one who knows how to make it. I think currently can only be done for the M4 and not the others. I still rack mine after I insert a mag haha.

Gas consumption depends on your psi. I run mine on 80. A small aluminum tank 68/45 will last you a full day of constant CQB. Ran it at LT game from 10:30-5:00. I now have a bigger one to try out.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 18:41   #48
SuperCriollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
Scar Prototyping has finished and production has started!

Also! there is a new store opening up in Missisuaga, and they are the Canadian distributor of Daytona gun
Awesome !!
Could you post the name, address and website (if any) ? Thanks !

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 18:46   #49
BioRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCriollo View Post
Awesome !!
Could you post the name, address and website (if any) ? Thanks !
Soon. Store is just finishing renovations.
Old February 13th, 2014, 20:44   #50
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
I'll wait a while and keep my eye on daytona's for now I think. They definitely interest me but as you know I'm still a bit of a noob. I'll see how my GBBR's turn out (whenever they actually get sent... still backordered...) and go from there.

Hopefully someone local on the west coast has a daytona, vids are awesome but would love to try them out in person.
beta678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 23:12   #51
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

efficiency varies, I haven't been able to get a solid number either.

The osw is a heavy, heavy beast... boatanchor territory. When I get mine converted it will only be a skirmish gun I think. The price of mags makes it very unappealing to use in milsim. I have the echo 1 FAL carbine, so it's an OSW clone. The benefit of the E1 (or more accurately JG) is that it comes with 2 highcaps. I can't imagine milsiming this thing for any length of time... and right now that's even without the air rig.

Last edited by lurkingknight; February 13th, 2014 at 23:15..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2014, 16:01   #52
BioRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
efficiency varies, I haven't been able to get a solid number either.

The osw is a heavy, heavy beast... boatanchor territory. When I get mine converted it will only be a skirmish gun I think. The price of mags makes it very unappealing to use in milsim. I have the echo 1 FAL carbine, so it's an OSW clone. The benefit of the E1 (or more accurately JG) is that it comes with 2 highcaps. I can't imagine milsiming this thing for any length of time... and right now that's even without the air rig.
I could never carry the FAL, nor a LMG.. as much as a DG RPK would be sexy.

I'm really debating on an LCT AK DG now though, but I did drop a lot of cash on a recent build :L
Old March 6th, 2014, 00:02   #53
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
Guide for Air Setups,

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=162997
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2014, 11:07   #54
Hughes
BurningBeard

Any updates on the storefront that carries DG parts and kits? I'm looking for some parts support on our side of the border and with Keith taking a leave of absence I'm kind of SOL.
I bought his old OSW and have been using it heavily over the last few weeks to replace my polarstar, and can say without a doubt it is the best airsoft investment I have ever made. Mags were a bit of a hassle, but I ordered some in from overseas.

I was worried about my air consumption, she only likes running at 120+psi or else it won't cycle the bolt far enough to load a bb.
So I removed the paint in the upper, polished the surface/rails, polished the bolt and just about everything inside and have had some better results. I've been too busy to fill my tanks and test much so this weekend will let me know if my work paid off
Future plans:
Cutting coils on the spring to run at a lower psi/fps for winter
Get a bigger bore gripline, if anyone has an experience with this would be great to hear
Convert my Redline reg to a single QD for better efficiency
Get a more ergonomic grip if I can ever get one to fit

Last edited by Hughes; August 22nd, 2014 at 11:11..
Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2014, 11:15   #55
BioRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
Any updates on the storefront that carries DG parts and kits? I'm looking for some parts support on our side of the border and with Keith taking a leave of absence I'm kind of SOL.
I bought his old OSW and have been using it heavily over the last few weeks to replace my polarstar, and can say without a doubt it is the best airsoft investment I have ever made. Mags were a bit of a hassle, but I ordered some in from overseas.

I was worried about my air consumption, she only likes running at 120+psi or else it won't cycle the bolt far enough to load a bb.
So I removed the paint in the upper, polished the surface/rails, polished the bolt and just about everything inside and have had some better results. I've been too busy to fill my tanks and test much so this weekend will let me know if my work paid off
Future plans:
Cutting coils on the spring to run at a lower psi/fps for winter
Get a bigger bore gripline, if anyone has an experience with this would be great to hear
Convert my Redline reg to a single QD for better efficiency
Get a more ergonomic grip if I can ever get one to fit
GBBR R.I.P.

120PSI+ seems quite high, my EX DG M4 was running at 80, granted recoil wasn't as strong as 120PSI though.

We originally cut the coil, coils were a bit of a pain to cut, but lowered the psi quite a bit. You polishing them should make it move better, good idea, let us know how that goes for you.

You could try Amped's grip line, had it on my P*, not sure if it'll really do much though.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 11:34   #56
Hughes
BurningBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
GBBR R.I.P.
I know

I was hoping some one had established some connections, or that shop was stocking parts. Ordering from the US for every DG part I want or need isn't appealing.

I'm still working out some kinks here and there, but at 120psi it is firing within field limits with .25, .28, and .30. Here's to hoping my work doesn't put me over the limit without the ability to reduce my fps. I'm still very hesitant to cut any coils, again, without a replacement in case things go haywire

It's a cheap enough line to test out, so there's no reason not to try. At the very least it may reduce and kinking I may not notice during gameplay
Old August 22nd, 2014, 14:31   #57
FULLMETAL

Hi guys this system is awesome and I didnt know it! As far as I can seethe only place to get the daytona system is here right?

http://www.tnkguns.com/
FULLMETAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2014, 14:36   #58
BioRage

Well, GBBR on the forums sells them via Toronto. TNKGuns has them too.

You can try giving GBBR a pm, but I don't know if he comes on ASC anymore.

Last time I checked, he had a few FAL/M4/M249 kits remaining.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 19:08   #59
Hughes
BurningBeard

I'm not going to bug him until I have the funds and a donor ready to go. Definitely a winter project on the way.
@Bio was your ex dg m4 a woc challenge kit?

Update on my work! I found some time today to sit down to strip my fal, clean, and grease it again before any shooting. It went from needing 120+psi down to ~90psi I'm having a hard time discerning the segments on my redline gauge so don't quote me exactly. Everything went well until my tank went too low and my reg pressure dropped below 80psi. I may not even need to cut coils at this rate. Very excited by these results

Last edited by Hughes; August 24th, 2014 at 00:16..
Old August 24th, 2014, 00:11   #60
spartan117

I'm actually looking into building a DG gun as well. I'm not familiar with these sort of setups though.
spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion