Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Best Revolver?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 1st, 2013, 23:38   #1
Magnaroth

Best Revolver?

Hello ASC,

As the topic implies, I'm interested in learning more about revolvers. Mainly I'm wondering about quality, reliability, and the ability to actually field it (I've noticed that many CO2 guns shoot hot).

Please share your experiences.

Thanks.
Old April 1st, 2013, 23:52   #2
OM3GA

^This! The TSD SD937'TT is the best revolver money can buy~

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 00:01   #3
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Unlike your standard GBB pistols the gas is stored in the pistol itself. Since there is no gas required to perform any type of slide "blow back action" all the gas is concentrated on the act of firing the BB itself. This can be problematic as this can result an a "hot" gun if its running Co2, or its a hot day etc. A lot of airsoft revolvers back in the day where meant to be run on duster gas.

There are many brands of revolvers out there in the airsoft market. However only a few brands would even be worth considering. Those would be Tokyo Marui, Tanaka and Marushin. All the fore mentioned are definitely some of the better quality names when it comes to airsoft. With those names also come reliability.

Now in regards to the ability to actually field it. There are two types, one type has faux bullets that hold your BBS and have to be unloaded from the gun, and then "reloaded with BBs" before they can be reloaded into the airsoft gun itself. This is where having multiple faux bullets comes in handy, however with that comes increased cost and more things to lose in the field.

The other type of airsoft revolver has an internalized magazine where the chambers house any number of preset BBs instead of faux shells housing them.

In every instance Ive run a revolver either for laughs or it was the only side arm I had at the time. There's always been one instance where each time that left me in situations with my pants down in a non sexual sense. Be it drawing to fire and finding that all my gas was empty, or having to endure the slow arduous vagina bleeding reload.

Revolvers look nice and scream bad ass, however they lose hands down to the functionality of a regular GBB due to the magazine system.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 00:28   #4
Mr. Gruntsworthy

I'm impartial to the WG revolvers myself.

Sidearm: KJW Taurus PT92 (olive drab)
320fps, semi-automatic. Propane GBB

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open facebook group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft players. Join the Forums as well
Come join!

My Game Dev website: http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Mr. Gruntsworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 00:49   #5
theshaneler

i picked up a WG at the end of last season, just for kicks... im etching in my kills on the grip

i have devised a rather crude method to reduce the fps on it, i drilled little holes on the shells so that some of the gas pressure is vented out to the side and not all at the BB. Its not pretty or consistent, but it works, I only used the gun for CQB though.

also... man i missed you T7, first post i have read from you in a long while AND you made a bloody vagina joke. ASC hasn't been the same without you, the inappropriate jokes have been lacking in your absence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 14:48   #6
Magnaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gruntsworthy View Post
I'm impartial to the WG revolvers myself.
You're "Impartial" or you're "partial"? I'm a little confused by your sentence.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 14:58   #7
TurlteRaph

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaneler View Post
i picked up a WG at the end of last season, just for kicks... im etching in my kills on the grip

i have devised a rather crude method to reduce the fps on it, i drilled little holes on the shells so that some of the gas pressure is vented out to the side and not all at the BB. Its not pretty or consistent, but it works, I only used the gun for CQB though.
What size bit did you use and what is the range of FPS does it shoot at? I just got one from a trade last week and I am in the process of modding it.

@Magnaroth Revolver is about shit and giggle... I have seen a few in the game, but most of them stay in the holster until it's CQB time.

Last edited by TurlteRaph; April 2nd, 2013 at 15:01..
TurlteRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 14:59   #8
TaroBear

TM Revolvers are amazing. They can go for almost an entire night of gaming without being gased, plus you don't have to fumble with shells. I'm not sure why people are buying those WinGun things. They're ugly as sin, and they have the FPS issue that needs to be resolved out of the box.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 16:10   #9
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroBear View Post
TM Revolvers are amazing. They can go for almost an entire night of gaming without being gased, plus you don't have to fumble with shells. I'm not sure why people are buying those WinGun things. They're ugly as sin, and they have the FPS issue that needs to be resolved out of the box.
You did not handle one right?

TM's revolvers look like kids toys.

All metal, shells and damn accurate. And they sell "low power" shells that puts the gun at 320 fps, perfect for indoor use.

All that under 200$, so why not?
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 16:19   #10
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
I like the Dan Wesson revolvers the most. Plus you can just pop the side of the revolver off and replace the little metal box with 3 nuts and a washer and bam, 300-320 fps for cqb. I did this with mine before I sold them since I'm a starving student.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 16:32   #11
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
You did not handle one right?

TM's revolvers look like kids toys.

All metal, shells and damn accurate. And they sell "low power" shells that puts the gun at 320 fps, perfect for indoor use.

All that under 200$, so why not?
Exactly. I think some people just don't fully want to grasp the realism and just want something that is game-able. Why disadvantage yourself when you need to load shell by shell like the real thing?
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 16:39   #12
theshaneler

the WG revolvers are less than gameable IMO, but that's exactly what makes it bad ass. getting a kill with a 6 shooter that takes longer to reload than to empty is the most satisfying thing ever!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 21:13   #13
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
the WG revolvers are less than gameable IMO, but that's exactly what makes it bad ass. getting a kill with a 6 shooter that takes longer to reload than to empty is the most satisfying thing ever!
Especially when you take the time to write the persons initials with a fine point marker on a BB.

Quote:
also... man i missed you T7, first post i have read from you in a long while AND you made a bloody vagina joke. ASC hasn't been the same without you, the inappropriate jokes have been lacking in your absence
Thank you kindly. I have been well received by you and others since my return. My current goal is to get caught on all available information so that I may continue to assist with questions and answers as required. While I may not be around as often, I will continue to contribute where I can casually and at my best availability.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 14:30   #14
13enz

So safe to say that TM wins this one too? For accuracy and quality? Length make much of difference, 6" vs 8", as far as accuracy goes?
13enz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 15:44   #15
SuperCriollo

Sadly the wingun revolvers have no hop up

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion