Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SRC G36's series impact on prices on other G36's?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 26th, 2009, 20:15   #46
MillerBRo

From the experience our local airsoft retail outlet has had :

He contacts a company that has CANsoft items, like G&G, and he finds that he can carry and sell them for much much cheaper- and that includes all of his costs to ship, duty etc etc. He has the numbers and cash and he can do a large order of several thousand dollars. So he gets an account, in this example for G&G and we confirm the numbers with them and find that we could carry these CANsoft guns and sell them at a price near par to the USA... and then we place the order and thats when G&G realizes he is in Canada and they tell him that he must go through CAS for the guns though we can order the accessories direct from G&G.

so yes, because CAS and G&G has an agreement they are the distributor for Canada. Sure they ponied up the dough and invested first blah blah blah- fine. But dont fool yourself into thinking that their msrp is justified in any way- to be clear the local stores could very well meet the supply and the demand at a fair price and still make a fair profit, but CAS has cornered the market and padded the costs. If CAS cant afford to run their business at a fair price then I personally hope they go under so some one more reasonable can step in.
MillerBRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 20:26   #47
KoolAidMan

i doubt cas will go under they are what give all the under agers there guns now thats a whole market we can't control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 20:26   #48
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
THIS.

I agree completely. I still don't get why the hell anyone would buy a G&G halfbreed when a full metal version is available for $100 - $150 more.

I don't know about anyone else either -and I'm perfectly willing to accept that this may not be true and is due to my bias- but has anyone noticed that halfbreeds have been gradually increasing in price?
What do you mean? Going from ICS to G&G to SRC?

Or used ones that people are asking more and more for?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 20:33   #49
Conker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerBRo View Post
Sure they ponied up the dough and invested first blah blah blah- fine.
No. Ken and 007 did. CAS screwed him -and all the airsofters- in the butt.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 20:45   #50
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
What do you mean? Going from ICS to G&G to SRC?

Or used ones that people are asking more and more for?
No, I mean halfbreeds in general.. when you look at how much the same model from the same manufacture cost when they first came out vs. what they're selling for now.

Like I said, could just be me.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 20:59   #51
KoolAidMan

Kwa and src put the prices way up there .
the cost the same relative to the same model g&g overseas but cost more here .

plus you can buy a kwa full metal for what 100$ more

Quote:
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
Old November 26th, 2009, 23:06   #52
Cilantro
formerly Omega!

I think this sort of thing happens to all airsofters. They wake up and realize "Hey, this really isn't fair!", it's almost like puberty for Canadian airsoft. I long ago realized that there was no real, trustworthy data on anything regarding importation or price management for airsoft in Canada. No retailer is willing to show how much their markup is, or how much they actually spend in fees, brokerage, etc. The retailers are in a very special position of having a "blind" customer base that for the most part knows basically nothing about what goes on.

I also realized that halfbreeds are the completely wrong way to go. Why make it more acceptable to sell airsoft guns to minors who are more likely to end up in the news? We can't control every aspect of our sport, but I think that pouring money into a loophole in the law is going to harm us in the long run. The whole "halfbreeds are legal" argument won't hold up in court when someone missing an eye or a mutilated pet goes to court. Instead, we should have been putting that money into trying to have the Canadian gov't treat airsoft like they do in the UK. And before I get flamed with lip-flapping posts saying it won't work, remember that I said "should", not that we will even try. I realize that this may cause the thread to go off the tracks, but this is not intended as a flame, just my two cents. In an age of eco-awareness and hundred-mile diets, shouldn't we know where our hobbies comes from, and how they get to us?
Old November 26th, 2009, 23:17   #53
KoolAidMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilantro View Post
I think this sort of thing happens to all airsofters. They wake up and realize "Hey, this really isn't fair!", it's almost like puberty for Canadian airsoft. I long ago realized that there was no real, trustworthy data on anything regarding importation or price management for airsoft in Canada. No retailer is willing to show how much their markup is, or how much they actually spend in fees, brokerage, etc. The retailers are in a very special position of having a "blind" customer base that for the most part knows basically nothing about what goes on.

I also realized that halfbreeds are the completely wrong way to go. Why make it more acceptable to sell airsoft guns to minors who are more likely to end up in the news? We can't control every aspect of our sport, but I think that pouring money into a loophole in the law is going to harm us in the long run. The whole "halfbreeds are legal" argument won't hold up in court when someone missing an eye or a mutilated pet goes to court. Instead, we should have been putting that money into trying to have the Canadian gov't treat airsoft like they do in the UK. And before I get flamed with lip-flapping posts saying it won't work, remember that I said "should", not that we will even try. I realize that this may cause the thread to go off the tracks, but this is not intended as a flame, just my two cents. In an age of eco-awareness and hundred-mile diets, shouldn't we know where our hobbies comes from, and how they get to us?
+1 good sir

Quote:
Old November 26th, 2009, 23:19   #54
Conker

[quote=Cilantro;1111757]Why make it more acceptable to sell airsoft guns to minors who are more likely to end up in the news?
It's not more acceptable... it's just significantly way easier for minors to buy them by the time they're publicly sold on a public website.

A few years ago, a friend was about the 14 and was able to buy several black guns from 007 and A&A back then. I think he had bought 7 guns over two years. It's much simpler convincing the parents to buy them for their kids then to get them AV'ed (and as events has shown it recently, parents who get AV'ed for their underage kids gets caught most of the time). Hopefully, he was not a dumbfuck to bring them to school, but if he did buy them... more probably did.

But, it's also easier for newcomers to the sport to buy a cansoft, get a taste before investing some money (all? lol) into airsoft. Three people around me started that way, and will get AV'ed during the winter as soon as they can.

Quote:
We can't control every aspect of our sport, but I think that pouring money into a loophole in the law is going to harm us in the long run. The whole "halfbreeds are legal" argument won't hold up in court when someone missing an eye or a mutilated pet goes to court. Instead, we should have been putting that money into trying to have the Canadian gov't treat airsoft like they do in the UK. And before I get flamed with lip-flapping posts saying it won't work, remember that I said "should", not that we will even try. I realize that this may cause the thread to go off the tracks, but this is not intended as a flame, just my two cents. In an age of eco-awareness and hundred-mile diets, shouldn't we know where our hobbies comes from, and how they get to us?
I definitely agree, but all the ideas that were brought forward we all killed in the egg by the community.... Anyway, it's not with douchebags like CAS that the sport will (positively) grow... they just want the money and don't care about the players.

Errr... what was the subject of the thread again?
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 23:20   #55
The Saint

Quote:
No retailer is willing to show how much their markup is, or how much they actually spend in fees, brokerage, etc. The retailers are in a very special position of having a "blind" customer base that for the most part knows basically nothing about what goes on.
Regardless of whether the Canadian airsoft markup is "fair", I don't know any industry that freely publish the information you're suggesting.

Quote:
I also realized that halfbreeds are the completely wrong way to go. Why make it more acceptable to sell airsoft guns to minors who are more likely to end up in the news? We can't control every aspect of our sport, but I think that pouring money into a loophole in the law is going to harm us in the long run. The whole "halfbreeds are legal" argument won't hold up in court when someone missing an eye or a mutilated pet goes to court.
....Your premise is off. The cansoft weren't intended for minors in the first place. They were intended to make it easier to import airsoft guns into Canada. The fact that minors are getting a hold of them illustrates the difficulty in controlling the supply of airsoft.

The idea that "us" can "pour money" into the loophole doesn't make a lot of sense. People are spending money to buy products, not to pour money into a loophole.

Equally off base is the idea that we can or need to defend someone who use any airsoft gun in a criminal manner. They have nothing to do with us, and there's little we can do pre-emptively that we haven't already (i.e. play responsibly) to make it better or worse for us when it does happen.

Quote:
Instead, we should have been putting that money into trying to have the Canadian gov't treat airsoft like they do in the UK. And before I get flamed with lip-flapping posts saying it won't work, remember that I said "should", not that we will even try. I realize that this may cause the thread to go off the tracks, but this is not intended as a flame, just my two cents. In an age of eco-awareness and hundred-mile diets, shouldn't we know where our hobbies comes from, and how they get to us?
No offence, but your grasp on what happen in the UK is poor at best. The Canadian situation in airsoft isn't something you can/should/need to throw money at the government to fix.

And your last statement really doesn't make any sense.
Old November 26th, 2009, 23:35   #56
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Quote:
Actually there are a couple retailers who indirectly show their markup. The ones that direct you to an overseas retailer like RedWolf or WGC to get the sku number and see if its in stock or not you can see what the international price is, then when the retailer here gives you your quote you are able to see what the markup is. Personally I rather also get rid of the half breeds as they seem to be bringing in more and more fly by nighters and other people who don't take the sport seriously. I prefer the system we have now and did before the halfbreeds. Its not like I have never been unable to get whatever I wanted had I been able to save the money for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 05:40   #57
Cilantro
formerly Omega!

To RocknRoll Outlaw, of course we can put 2 and 2 together, but we still don't know where the markup goes, as what percentage of it goes to fees, brokerage, how much of it is for profit (which of course retailers should be making, I'm not arguing that). There's no way to see a breakdown of what percentage comes from where.

As for The Saint, I realize cansoft wasn't intended for minors, but that's the result that we're seeing more and more. The cansoft is cheaper and can actually be sold in stores, so that's the first thing a minor sees and even the stores that have an 18+ policy get circumvented by parents who buy it for their kids. As for the loophole thing, I still believe that the legal status of halfbreeds is shaky, at best. And I'm of course not defending anyone who uses airsoft in a criminal manner, I'm not sure where you got that. As for what's happening in the UK, you may be absolutely right, we're completely different than they are, but what I've seen is their community band together and do something about the condition of their sport.
Old November 27th, 2009, 05:49   #58
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
To RocknRoll Outlaw, of course we can put 2 and 2 together, but we still don't know where the markup goes, as what percentage of it goes to fees, brokerage, how much of it is for profit (which of course retailers should be making, I'm not arguing that). There's no way to see a breakdown of what percentage comes from where.
It was said before but I'll reiterate: No one else who sells any kind of goods does that, why should airsoft retailers?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 05:56   #59
Cilantro
formerly Omega!

Maybe I should have rephrased it to say that airsoft retailers appear to be far more secretive than other retailers in other sectors. One thing I'd like to say is that as with all post by all users, I never claimed to be an expert on the subject, and this is just how I'm seeing things happen now. If I get any info wrong, or you feel I'm mistaken, it just shows that we're human. I always try to encourage debate, but I also don't want to derail this thread any longer, and I know the subject of airsoft in Canada has been dragged out, beaten, dragged out even further, shot and then ground up as food for orphans.
Old November 27th, 2009, 10:32   #60
KoolAidMan

we'll we are disscussing price and how the half clear affects the all black market prices

Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion