Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Directionless

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 17th, 2009, 16:45   #1
S1CKLY

Send a message via MSN to S1CKLY
Directionless

I just bought an Aftermath Kraken to upgrade as my first airsoft rifle and it came without an instruction manual. I've looked all over the net and can't find an online version. I know some people here have krakens, so can anyone take some time to photocopy their manual (or at least the most important pages)? It would be greatly appreciated
Old January 17th, 2009, 16:51   #2
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

What the hell? It came without a manual? But like m102404 said, its the exact same as a TM AK47.... see if you can procure a TM AK manual... that would probably help.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 16:57   #3
S1CKLY

Send a message via MSN to S1CKLY
Thanks for the info guys, mechbox.com had exactly what I needed.
Old January 18th, 2009, 01:06   #4
buellxbk

Your not missing much not having the manual. Bad spelling (loses something in the translation from chinese into english), Small pictures, hard to see.
buellxbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 18:04   #5
LUTNIT

also since you are upgrading it and I assume making it better (and not downgrading it) I recommend getting a TM AK hopup unit and a normal AEG inner barrel. Aftermath does not use normal parts for these two.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 19:09   #6
johjoh

Send a message via MSN to johjoh
You might want to replace some of the internals but there not 100% TM compatible like before because of the large demand for these there a perfect enrty level like the broa and easily upgradable

EDIT: such as the air nozzle piston and maybe downgrade the spring so there kind of cheap internals will lasdt longer

its pretty much hit or miss.. well thats my $0.02 anyways
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 19:16   #7
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by johjoh View Post
You might want to replace some of the internals but there not 100% TM compatible like before because of the large demand for these there a perfect enrty level like the broa and easily upgradable

EDIT: such as the air nozzle piston and maybe downgrade the spring so there kind of cheap internals will lasdt longer

its pretty much hit or miss.. well thats my $0.02 anyways
Why is it all newbs equate "perfect entry level" with "cheap" and not "quality that won't break after 500 rounds".

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 23:52   #8
Amos

See... To me a perfect "Entry level" gun is a gun that'll serve you well and will still function the same 2 years down the line as the day you bought it..
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 00:37   #9
Crunchmeister

I don't see Aftermath guns being good entry-level guns in their stock form. They're too hit or miss. There are those that have put tens out thousands of rounds through stock Krakens and haven't had any issue. Others have them break out of the package. That's horrible for someone's first gun when they have no idea how to repair it and don't have access to a gun doc.

But Krakens aren't totally useless guns either. As an upgrade platform for project guns, they're ideal guns. They're an affordable platform to start with, and for a few hundred bucks, you can have an all-metal and wood AK with quality internals for cheaper than a new Tokyo Marui and that will perform every bit as well and be more powerful.

With a proper reshimming and greasing out of the box (just like most would recommend with even a higher end gun), they can be a dependable backup / loaner gun too. As long as you know how to do your own repairs, the parts that are likely to fail in a Kraken are fairly cheap (air nozzle, tappet plate, piston), making it cheap to maintain.

A good entry level gun would be one that like Amos said, that can perform consistently and dependably for a long period of time. Now that being said, it's really more about the number of rounds you put through it than time. Some people put a lot of rounds through their guns while others only fire them at games. And while some Krakens do fall in that category, most don't
Old January 19th, 2009, 01:25   #10
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
... you can have an all-metal and wood AK with quality internals for cheaper than a new Tokyo Marui and that will perform every bit as well and be more powerful.

This statement isn't 100% true, many krakens have very bad tolerance issues that make upgrade parts (I find cylinder heads to be the most common) a huge pain in the ass the fit properly... More often than not you need to bring out the dremal... and as soon as you modify an upgrade part, it'll never work as good as if it was put into something that it was meant to be (eg. A TM shell)
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:37   #11
johjoh

Send a message via MSN to johjoh
Guys I was just giving my opinion there, when yuor a noob you just want to try out the sport buy something not too expensive but still able to kind of keep up on the field and see if you A LEAST like the game before buying a TM or w-e you want it was just an opinion
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:49   #12
Darklen
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1CKLY View Post
I just bought an Aftermath Kraken to upgrade as my first airsoft rifle and it came without an instruction manual. I've looked all over the net and can't find an online version. I know some people here have krakens, so can anyone take some time to photocopy their manual (or at least the most important pages)? It would be greatly appreciated
Getting back on track here, in the Doctors Corner, there is a whole list of links to various site which have manuals. One of those links is to the ASC tech center, where many users sent copies of their manuals for ASC board members to use. Here's the link to the TM AK47 manual. Enjoy.

TM AK47 Manual
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:51   #13
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Guys I was just giving my opinion there, when yuor a noob you just want to try out the sport buy something not too expensive but still able to kind of keep up on the field and see if you A LEAST like the game before buying a TM or w-e you want it was just an opinion
If that's the case you should rent or borrow a good gun, not buy a crappy one.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:57   #14
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellxbk View Post
Your not missing much not having the manual. Bad spelling (loses something in the translation from chinese into english), Small pictures, hard to see.
Sounds like the Bible to me. Great story book, makes fuck all sense!
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 12:44   #15
kalnaren

Quote:
I agree with Styrak. A noob won't have much fun "trying out the game" when the go to the field and their gun explodes after 5 rounds.

At least with renting a gun you cna be pretty sure it will work.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank