Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

How to make an Airsoft Frag Grenade

:

General

Old July 31st, 2007, 17:02   #16
Affliction
a.k.a. Fury a.k.a. VipaMave

Quote:
8. Conversations will remain on topics that are law-abiding and not call the SWAT team down on your house
Creating home-made explosives is foolish yet many members of this board have no qualms about discussing them.
-VM
Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 22:23   #17
Koopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipaMave View Post
Creating home-made explosives is foolish yet many members of this board have no qualms about discussing them.
-VM
Seriously, who are you? We played games with grenades where not only senior airsofters were playing, but also mods. This type of discussion is also necessary so as to create grenades that are not only effective, but safe and are fire-retardant, something our team has spent 6 months doing before actually using in game (as you can see, snow was still on the ground when testing began).

People will make and use these as long as private land/fields exist.

This is a discussion for people who play airsoft. Please stick to your chairsoft topics.

My old buy & sell ratings: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=7117&highlight=koopa

Boland Howe: Cause Scheisse Happens (official team sponsor since 2007)
www.bolandhowe.com

Last edited by Koopa; July 31st, 2007 at 22:28..
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 23:06   #18
CanKam

Send a message via MSN to CanKam
I say cooking bacon without a shirt on is more dangerous then the pyrotechnics the admins allow on their field.
Beware:
Aggressive
Cunt
On
Nudists

On a side note, I have a damaged ear drum due to a mishap with firecrackers.
Believe me from experience, a blast next to your ear with a well made BB grenade won't be as harmful as if the actual firecracker was next to your ear. I'm not saying you won't hear bells ringing, but at least your ears won't be bleeding.
CanKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 23:16   #19
medhatboy
formerly Swatt Five-Six

The only thing is it's almost impossible to find firecrackers these days, I've looked at most major firework places local and on the net and none of them had firecrackers. The grenade I had in mind would have a toilet paper roll cut in half as the outer shell, but with out something to make it go boom, can't do it, and I'm not going to experiment with gunpowder.
medhatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 00:48   #20
pzrwest

Send a message via AIM to pzrwest Send a message via MSN to pzrwest Send a message via Yahoo to pzrwest
Aren't firecrackers illegal here in Canada? I mean the things that go Bang! I haven't seen firecrackers for sale for so many years now. I'm giveing my age away here but I remember buying 3", 6", and 12" blockbusters as they were called... man were they loud. Back then we could buy those, plus regular firecrackers(black&yellow checkerboard), and ladyfingers, and cherrybombs
Old August 1st, 2007, 01:02   #21
Affliction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
Seriously, who are you? We played games with grenades where not only senior airsofters were playing, but also mods. This type of discussion is also necessary so as to create grenades that are not only effective, but safe and are fire-retardant, something our team has spent 6 months doing before actually using in game (as you can see, snow was still on the ground when testing began).

People will make and use these as long as private land/fields exist.

This is a discussion for people who play airsoft. Please stick to your chairsoft topics.
Who the fuck are you to follow my every post whilst mentioning the word 'chairsoft'? Lets not forget about this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
WTF are u talking about? If they are a scam, wouldnt they try to sell more popular guns? If they are a scam, would they claim their guns are plastic, not metal/wood SHOEI guns? Do you know what form of payment he made (most online are trace-able)? We dont need your chairsoft opinion dude
Home-made improvised explosives are illegal and using them on an airsoft-designated field does not change that. Aside from that, IIRC firecrackers are now banned in Canada.

-VM

(I have absolutely nothing against chemical-powered grenades (baking soda / vinegar)--but thats not the point of this thread)

Last edited by Affliction; August 1st, 2007 at 01:32..
Old August 1st, 2007, 01:40   #22
Boche
I am memel, hear me roar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipaMave View Post
Who the fuck are you to follow my every post whilst mentioning the word 'chairsoft'? Lets not forget about this:

Home-made improvised explosives are illegal and using them on an airsoft-designated field does not change that. Aside from that, IIRC firecrackers are now banned in Canada.

-VM

(I have absolutely nothing against chemical-powered grenades (baking soda / vinegar)--but thats not the point of this thread)
Are you mad because he called you a 'chairsofter', or are you mad because adults are discussing (egad, on a discussion board, no less!) a subject that you've got no experience with but need to add your opinion anyway?

The Shepherd always finds His sheep.
The Flat Earth has me Levelled.
Boche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 02:03   #23
syne

Send a message via MSN to syne
Experience:

Anything that you can not buy in a convenience store on Canada Day is illegal in Canada.

Even the allowable fireworks are under scrutiny at the moment in this nation, so it's really best not to tempt fate.

Regardless of where/ how you bought explosives of any kind it is very very illegal to tamper with them in any way as it will then count as an 'improvised explosive/ ordnance device' for the purposes of Canadian Law.

The long and the short of it is, it's really not worth messing with.
Sure, you might get away with it and even be relatively safe... But do you really want to be that guy who associated illegal explosives with Airsoft?
syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 18:40   #24
Amos

The grenades that the Kameradschaft have are completely illegal unless they are constructed by a licensed pyrotechnic...

1. Firecrackers are illegal in Canada
2. Adding "Shrapnel" to any explosive device... Lol Do I even have to mention it?
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 20:06   #25
Krieg

Send a message via MSN to Krieg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomance View Post
I had one go off on my back during Quick pass 3. Really fucking startling, but im fine.

Jeez I thought I am the only one.

Didn't injure me at all, my hearing was ringing a bit for a couple of minutes.

Heck of an experience.

Ontario Airsoft WW2 Reenactors
Quote:
Originally Posted by János Hunyadi
To withdraw is impossible, to surrender is unthinkable. Let us fight bravely and honour our arms!- 1444 Battle of Varna
Krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 20:31   #26
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzrwest View Post
They look pretty dangerous to me. If that was to go off beside your head could cause some serious damage, powder burns, hearing loss, plus bb damage
Plenty of warning to get your empty head out of the way really. There's the motion of it flying near you and landing, the sound of a wick hissing, the reasonably loud poof of the black powder charge igniting, then 1-1.5 seconds later the loud bang. If you haven't a clue that a grenade landed beside your head, I'd say you have nothing to worry about as far as going deaf goes, because you'd have to be deaf not to notice it. The only time I avoid using the grenades is indoors, it's deafening! Ok, I've used it indoors against Warmongers, but they don't bitch about retarded shit.

And BB damage............... give me a break, look at what we shoot each other with! These things hit with about half the force of a Crosman airgun shooting you with 0.12g BBs at 30ft (my Crosman P99 springer shoots 0.20g BBs at 150fps). If getting hit by low powered plastic or natural lightweight balls is too much to deal with, why play airsoft in the first place? Go play laser tag and wear welding goggles instead. Or, better yet, wear paintball goggles when playing badminton, that might be better. Gotta protect the eyes you know!
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 20:38   #27
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Agreed.. Ive been hit by a grenade round before(Fun at FR after the game..) and it barely stings, getting shot hurts more. It adds to the game, hearing lound bangs like real rounds going off all around you, adds to the realsim of what we play.
Old August 1st, 2007, 20:54   #28
Koopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
The grenades that the Kameradschaft have are completely illegal unless they are constructed by a licensed pyrotechnic...

1. Firecrackers are illegal in Canada
2. Adding "Shrapnel" to any explosive device... Lol Do I even have to mention it?
Wow, another chairsofter with an opinion. Then again its ASC where actual players are minorities.

OMG.. carboard shrapnel!!! Also, we dont use firecrackers. They're airbursts with reduced power (50%) wrapped in corn and construction paper and cardboard.

And I dont have an agenda against chairsofters; I only hate those with opinions.

My old buy & sell ratings: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=7117&highlight=koopa

Boland Howe: Cause Scheisse Happens (official team sponsor since 2007)
www.bolandhowe.com
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 21:26   #29
Affliction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
Wow, another chairsofter with an opinion. Then again its ASC where actual players are minorities.

OMG.. carboard shrapnel!!! Also, we dont use firecrackers. They're airbursts with reduced power (50%) wrapped in corn and construction paper and cardboard.

And I dont have an agenda against chairsofters; I only hate those with opinions.
Home-made explosives being illegal is not an opinion, its the law.

Take your fucking head out of your ass before calling anyone a chairsofter. Please do tell me where I've pretended to have any airsoft experience.

I've set off hundreds of dollars of fireworks and I don't think I need to play a game of airsoft to understand the laws regarding pyrotechnics.
-VM
Old August 1st, 2007, 21:47   #30
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Can someone please edit this to make it a letter V please? I'm being a chairsofter right now and am eating, also I'm a noob with photoshop or whatever, and I need to be spoonfed for once in my ASC life.

Thanks
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General