Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Shoots too hot

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 30th, 2012, 12:58   #1
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Shoots too hot

I just acquired an Ares AW .338 Gas sniper rifle. On this gun, the gas is held in the magazine. With 0.2g BB Bastards, the gun shoots over 500 FPS on propane. I'm not looking at screwing around with different gasses, but rather I would like a pressure/flow control of some kind; like a MPAS or something. Does anyone know what I'd use on this gun?

Thanks,

Ricochet
Old July 30th, 2012, 13:02   #2
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Shoots too hot?
Ha, Rob's mom said the same thing about my cock!

Have not seen an NPAS for that rifle, I know tanaka used to have adjustable M700 AICS but word was they don't have the valve anymore, not 100% on that
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 13:57   #3
Ricochet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Shoots too hot?
Ha, Rob's mom said the same thing about my cock
Lol..

Ya, I'm wondering if I'll have to custom make one, or look for low flow magazine valves; If there even is such a thing. Either way, hopefully I'll have my Tokyo Marui L96 here soon as well.

I have to say, I am impressed with this gun so far. For an Ares, it's easy to work with, with a simple robust design.
Old July 30th, 2012, 15:10   #4
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Just try it with duster before you say you don't want to screw around with various gases,. chances are you might find a 100fps drop.....
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 18:53   #5
Ricochet

Yup, I already picked some up. I'm not hopeful, but it's worth a try. Is duster as affected by temperature as propane? I also am looking into making my own pressure relief valve, as i have an idea for it.

I also grabbed a hard hop-up bucking, prometheus 6.03 inner, and a reinforced o-ring kit. All of which will probably increase FPS, but might even out nicely with duster gas. I'll get to try it all out tonight anyways.

Last edited by Ricochet; July 30th, 2012 at 18:56..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 19:38   #6
Ricochet

Is it just me, or does gas keep the BBs celerity up longer?

What FPS, would be advisable to move up BB weights. Let's say versus the 440 FPS = 0.30g

What FPS for a:
- 0.36g
- 0.40g
- 0.46g

Thanks for all the help guys.
Old July 30th, 2012, 20:40   #7
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Gas is different for velocity, heavier stays in the barrel longer, giving a higher fps than in a spring gun due to longer amount of time for the gas to expand.........

But, in spring gun (BA, AEG, etc.) shooting a 0.20g at XXXfps, a 0.36g BB will be roughly 100fps lower. Good rule of thumb overall.
Old August 5th, 2012, 12:08   #8
Chemo
R.T. Corpsman
formerly UJO Spec Ops

It's a sniper rifle, and you're complaining about it shooting hot?
Just use real heavyweight BBs, they'll have a longer flight distance, as well as maintain that velocity over those distances.
It's a sniper, you want it to reach out and touch someone. Just don't be shooting it at anyone within 20 meters, that thing could give a good hurtin too close. But you're sniping, so that shouldn't be an issue ^_^
Old August 5th, 2012, 12:27   #9
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJO Spec Ops View Post
It's a sniper rifle, and you're complaining about it shooting hot?
Just use real heavyweight BBs, they'll have a longer flight distance, as well as maintain that velocity over those distances.
It's a sniper, you want it to reach out and touch someone. Just don't be shooting it at anyone within 20 meters, that thing could give a good hurtin too close. But you're sniping, so that shouldn't be an issue ^_^
He could injure someone. FPS doesn't equal extra long range with spherical objects. Hop up is a much better idea for range but thats not what he is asking. Remember roughly 368fps is the optimum speed for a BB. Just let the sniping masters like Stalker give the advice.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 17:38   #10
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Duster is still a gas, and you will want to dry fire a few shots after filling to get the pressure levelled a bit (used to have to do this with my KJW M700), but you may lose 100fps from duster, which would put you in a nice pocket for velocity, and use 0.36g BBs. Just remember, there are two types of duster gas, diflorouethane and tetraflorouethane, the latter of the two being of higher pressure. Find the composition usually in the warning label on the side of the can.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion