KWA LM4 Magpul Edition Small Review

:

Reviews

Old January 23rd, 2012, 17:34   #1
Sacre

KWA LM4 Magpul Edition Small Review

(56K Users Beware)

KWA LM4 Magpul Edition (system7 two)

-I'll start by saying i'm fairly new to GBBR's, I'm going off what i've researched so far, so by all means tell me if I need to edit anything, give me your opinions folks. Just felt like posting pictures and showing my POV about this rifle is good for those who feel like purchasing it! Cheers!

External overview
Excellent. She is heavy (8.2lbs) and solid, the body/handgrip has no wobble whatsoever which I find rare with M4's and M16's, the Body markings are very fine and well done. The Magpul edition comes with the MOE Stock, Handguard, Pistol Grip, Magpul Body and a Pmag (30 round) specific to this model (which sucks when you want more mag's).

The MOE Handguard is a bit of a downer, it is nice, but the lack of rails hurts. You'll be forced to grab rails made for this hand guard, which are around 20 bucks for a 3 pack. Also sports a rear Mbus flip up sight

The recoil? Amazing. Bad if you want to fire on a single spot continuously because your gun keeps bumping around, but damn nice to fire this thing. She is very consistent (until gas is low or gets too cold) and has a nice loud thack per fire.

Internals

Reinforced - Love it. The Bolt carrier has 2 reinforced parts to lower wear/tear. heavy, and solid as usual. Not too educated on the internals of GBBR's so i'll let the pictures show the detail etc.

The hopup I was a bit disappointed in, it is adjusted Via a little gear tool you stick inside the bolt opening and twist - it works, but I broke 2 teeth off the hopup unit, so you have to be careful.

So my thoughts? WELL worth the money. Beautiful to look at, Heavy, 13 round per second fire rate, nice kickback and excellent internals for that long lasting addition.

The Pmag

Sacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2012, 03:04   #2
sushicake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacre View Post
The hopup I was a bit disappointed in, it is adjusted Via a little gear tool you stick inside the bolt opening and twist - it works, but I broke 2 teeth off the hopup unit, so you have to be careful.
Welcome to the world of KSC the concept is good for the hopup but adjusting it is a pain.

Nice review btw always wondered how the KSC new GBBR's looked.
Old January 24th, 2012, 13:35   #3
Strelok

I'm personally waiting for the KWA AK series to come out... But on the topic of the hopup.

Trust me, as a WE user that kind of hopup adjustment is a fucking godsend.

WE M4 adjustment has to be done with a microscopic allen key tucked away inside the receiver just over the chamber. and you can only adjust in very slight increments. Difficult as hell. I'd take the KWA/KSC key over the microscopic/clumsy allen key adjustments.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2012, 14:03   #4
Sacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
I'm personally waiting for the KWA AK series to come out... But on the topic of the hopup.

Trust me, as a WE user that kind of hopup adjustment is a fucking godsend.

WE M4 adjustment has to be done with a microscopic allen key tucked away inside the receiver just over the chamber. and you can only adjust in very slight increments. Difficult as hell. I'd take the KWA/KSC key over the microscopic/clumsy allen key adjustments.
Haha, Just looked up some pictures and WOW this hopup adjustment is a godsend when compared to that!
Old January 24th, 2012, 14:09   #5
MASAKO

Well at first I was tempted to grab that KWA GBBR as well but since I read somewhere that they still using ball bearing design hop up, I pause myself and rethink how hard it is to source a good hop up rubber ( stock one is ok but well, GBBR need lubricane and that rubber tend doesn't like silicone oil ) and also put those back together is a nightmare, my first and second attempt actually tear the hop up rubber until now I was pretty good with it but still prefer TM design though since it just plain dam simple and work the best.

I decide to grab WE HK 416 and AK PMC instead though.
MASAKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2012, 18:19   #6
Sacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASAKO View Post
Well at first I was tempted to grab that KWA GBBR as well but since I read somewhere that they still using ball bearing design hop up, I pause myself and rethink how hard it is to source a good hop up rubber ( stock one is ok but well, GBBR need lubricane and that rubber tend doesn't like silicone oil ) and also put those back together is a nightmare, my first and second attempt actually tear the hop up rubber until now I was pretty good with it but still prefer TM design though since it just plain dam simple and work the best.

I decide to grab WE HK 416 and AK PMC instead though.
Ah was going to do the same but I couldn't find one, I realized afterwards (in my opinion) it was a good choice because the bolt system isn't reinforced like this rifle has - and the kick apparently isn't as great. This rifle uses the same system its pistols use to increase "recoil" for a more realistic feel

I do like the look of the HK416 though
Old January 24th, 2012, 18:32   #7
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

This thread is Garrison Airsoft Approved!!!
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 05:10   #8
leblanc74

Send a message via MSN to leblanc74
Will other brand of magazines be compatible including the CO2's to be fitted in the KWA Magpul edition?
leblanc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 13:33   #9
Sacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by leblanc74 View Post
Will other brand of magazines be compatible including the CO2's to be fitted in the KWA Magpul edition?
Not sure, as far as I know the only mag you can get is the 38 round PMag made for the KWA LM4's, 80 bucks a piece.
Old February 11th, 2012, 13:43   #10
KEVORKIAN

Quote:
Not sure, as far as I know the only mag you can get is the 38 round PMag made for the KWA LM4's, 80 bucks a piece.
I'm not so sure about your math but I see them available for $55/USD each...WGC & Airsoft Global!!

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 00:22   #11
Sacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVORKIAN View Post
I'm not so sure about your math but I see them available for $55/USD each...WGC & Airsoft Global!!
Has nothing to do with math, just the price I was quoted through a AV Retailer willing to get the KWA mags for me is all
Old February 12th, 2012, 12:02   #12
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Has nothing to do with math, just the price I was quoted through a AV Retailer willing to get the KWA mags for me is all
Order them yourself?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 12:09   #13
Sacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Order them yourself?

I figured I had to do it through a retailer since it may be seized at the border

Guess the only thing that will be seized is metal frames/full guns, right?
Old February 12th, 2012, 12:18   #14
leblanc74

Send a message via MSN to leblanc74
Quote:

That is about right; 55$ for the mag and 26$ for shipping; in addition, you might get custom duty fees on top of that...these numbers are from airsoftglobal

Purchasing the mags from our local retailer for 80$ is worth it...who has them...Garrison's?
leblanc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 12:39   #15
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
I figured I had to do it through a retailer since it may be seized at the border

Guess the only thing that will be seized is metal frames/full guns, right?
That's correct. Nothing wrong with ordering mags.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews