Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 22nd, 2006, 10:32   #61
Shinjin_MC

Send a message via MSN to Shinjin_MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjin_MC
I recall reading an article somewhere that the stresses of a "combat" situation make it near impossible to accurately count the number of shots left in a magazine
so if you've been squeezing the trigger, its a good idea to pop in a new mag before moving on to a new room
Difficult, not impossible, and there are techniques to compensate for that.
yeah, you could always drop the mag, rotate it and look at the stack of white that remains, then pop it back in
but some companies dont have an open front (KSC)

or
you can install one of those bb counters on your pistol
heh
:razz:
Shinjin_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 13:09   #62
MadMorbius
Quote:
In real handgun IPSC competition (for example), mags wind up in the dirt or whatever. They are (relatively) cheap and replaceable. You can find mags for $5 to $10 and they are just plain metal.
A lot of shooters will drop a mag at 6 or 8 rounds instead of 8 or 10 so that they can reload on the move and have a full mag in play for the next portal. This is fine in the IPSC space, but interestingly poses problems when a shooter crosses over into CCW and may, at some point, be required to pull and put practice into action. As a result, your training kicks in before you can counter it and you drop your mag at 6 or 8 rounds, forcing a reload where it may not be appropriate at that time...
Old September 22nd, 2006, 20:13   #63
Greylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMorbius
Quote:
In real handgun IPSC competition (for example), mags wind up in the dirt or whatever. They are (relatively) cheap and replaceable. You can find mags for $5 to $10 and they are just plain metal.
A lot of shooters will drop a mag at 6 or 8 rounds instead of 8 or 10 so that they can reload on the move and have a full mag in play for the next portal. This is fine in the IPSC space, but interestingly poses problems when a shooter crosses over into CCW and may, at some point, be required to pull and put practice into action. As a result, your training kicks in before you can counter it and you drop your mag at 6 or 8 rounds, forcing a reload where it may not be appropriate at that time...
CCW, and real-life situations, call for different training as you well know. In that case, if you have ANY doubt in your mind as to how much ammo you have, it's smarter to drop and reload. There are things done in competitions I would never do in any combat situation.

This being said, anyone who is good enough with a handgun can reload an empty gun quite rapidly even under stress. It's a constant judgement call. No, it's not easy to do.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2006, 05:32   #64
Spas-Tick22

Send a message via MSN to Spas-Tick22 Send a message via Yahoo to Spas-Tick22
sorry guys, but we are getting off topic here, this is AIRSOFT , not real steel. i cant stress this enough, if you wish to discuss real weapons/ combat scenarios for actual use in a combat zone where lead is flying instead of plastic. i have no clue why anyone on this forum makes referance to real guns when i always am told that there is no link between the two besides that they look alike. in a combat situation, every plan changes, and personally i would rather swap to my browing hi-power ONLY if i had no other choice, or i did not want over-penitration. otherwise i wouldnt even consider using a 9mm in a combat zone, not enough stopping power to justify it when i could just reload. now then seeing as airsoft is VERY different from actual rifles and pistols
seeing as how a standard GBB pistol has more or less the same effect on a target. now then this is in referance of AIRSOFT and any methods/styles that are used would be appreciated, also note that pistols only is a common pre-game warm upo that i am seeing very often at some local feilds that allow me to play. now then in the feild, i wouldnt really consider using the NY reload method, but in a pistol only match, and considering that the 2 guns that i own are a TM M1911A1 and a Tanaka Colt Python (recently purchased via a 3rd party other than ASC). now conder for a moment that i have used all the ammo in the python, wouldnt the NY method be useful?. please try and refrain from spazzing out, starting to talk about real guns, uses in real situations, or even denying the validity of theis thread by either saying that you have already answered this question, that it makes no sense, or by stating a redundant answer, this is really starting to piss me off how sensible people are somehow developing ideas that are not even relevant to this thread. do not take this as a single insult to anyone on this board, infact dont even take this as an insult.

I am asking for different methods on reloading, not how to apply it to a situation, or how one is better than the other, i am asking what the different methods for reloading your handguns (semi-auto and revolvers) are and how they are done, sure there is the basic speed loader, and the simple exchaning mag's,. but what have members of this board found to be useful and efficient on the feild.

Primary:
G&G M4

Secondary:
Unknown Company MARSOC 1911
Spas-Tick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2006, 09:37   #65
Greylocks

We ARE discussing airsoft, and the differences between techniques for 'movies', IPSC, real life situations, and airsoft games.

We DID discuss the advantages and drawbacks associated with airsoft guns specifically. What is unclear to you exactly?

We told you, in several ways, that the NY method makes zero sense. We also told you that swapping mags was the BEST proven method, no matter what. Exactly how the mags are handled varies according to training, and that is something you'd have to SEE to understand.

Personally I dont get what confuses you? If you prefer to follow what you see in movies, be my guest. But dont say you did not get any answers. You got many, all from folks with real experience in airsoft AND real guns.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2006, 15:27   #66
Amazing KG3

Send a message via MSN to Amazing KG3
in MOST senses, there interchangeable.
Amazing KG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 22:45   #67
mustard_man

Question Extra Clip

Well when i go out airsofting wit buddies i dont use a clip at all...
If you use a Cypergun Tarus (a single shot side arm pistol) there is a hole where the clip inserts the bb.
so instead of using a clip you fill the chamber where the clip goes with bbs and tape it shut so instead of having a 12-15 round clip you have a 200 round clip.

You will have to cock the gun upside down but it still works very well.http://www.airsoftcanada.com/newrepl...te=1&p=401785#
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/newrepl...te=1&p=401785#

so that is my comment.
mustard_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 16:18   #68
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon
Back to the subject at hand, we have one guy here who plays with five pistols in CQB. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, but it turns his crank obviously and I suppose that's what counts.
Malfactor no doubt.

Haha. Yea -- His loadout is pretty cool though.
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 16:13   #69
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustard_man
Well when i go out airsofting wit buddies i dont use a clip at all...
If you use a Cypergun Tarus (a single shot side arm pistol) there is a hole where the clip inserts the bb.
so instead of using a clip you fill the chamber where the clip goes with bbs and tape it shut so instead of having a 12-15 round clip you have a 200 round clip.

You will have to cock the gun upside down but it still works very well.http://www.airsoftcanada.com/newrepl...te=1&p=401785#
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/newrepl...te=1&p=401785#

so that is my comment.
.... :flame:

I don't think I need to say much on this one...
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion