Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Best Mask/Googles For Field Play? (NOOB QUESITON)

:

Gear Discussion

Old April 3rd, 2010, 14:33   #16
Sha Do

Regardless of what you go with, you must be aware that there are ways of preventing the fogging issues, and I say this because many players will say that "I use these and have never had a fogging issue", while someone else will respond that "they have nothing but fogging issues with that particular brand/style".

-Goggles without a thermal layer will tend to increase the chance of fogging (though these "layers" wear out quickly from improper cleaning).
-Wearing any type of head wear that prevents air circulation through the top of the goggles will increase the chance of fogging (ie boonies, though I wear one).
-Wearing any type of face protector that interferes with the flow of air threw the sides/bottom of the goggles will increase the chance of fogging.
-Heavy breathing will increase the chance of fogging.
-A sudden increase of body temperature (due to physical exertion) will increase the chance of fogging (particularly if you are wearing a "mandarin" collar BDU with the collar done up).
-Goggles that completely seal with foam or that have very few/small ventilation holes will increase the chance of fogging.
-And a huge difference in both body temperature and humidity of breath compared to the environmental air temp and humidity is the number one cause of fogging issues with goggles.

Learn to deal with or avoid these points and you'll get the kind of performance out of the goggles you.

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 15:45   #17
deep in the bush
Monkey with a Gun

Send a message via MSN to deep in the bush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha Do View Post
Regardless of what you go with, you must be aware that there are ways of preventing the fogging issues, and I say this because many players will say that "I use these and have never had a fogging issue", while someone else will respond that "they have nothing but fogging issues with that particular brand/style".

-Goggles without a thermal layer will tend to increase the chance of fogging (though these "layers" wear out quickly from improper cleaning).
-Wearing any type of head wear that prevents air circulation through the top of the goggles will increase the chance of fogging (ie boonies, though I wear one).
-Wearing any type of face protector that interferes with the flow of air threw the sides/bottom of the goggles will increase the chance of fogging.
-Heavy breathing will increase the chance of fogging.
-A sudden increase of body temperature (due to physical exertion) will increase the chance of fogging (particularly if you are wearing a "mandarin" collar BDU with the collar done up).
-Goggles that completely seal with foam or that have very few/small ventilation holes will increase the chance of fogging.
-And a huge difference in both body temperature and humidity of breath compared to the environmental air temp and humidity is the number one cause of fogging issues with goggles.

Learn to deal with or avoid these points and you'll get the kind of performance out of the goggles you.

SHA DO
just to add abit more oh Wise Snipy guy

- if you cut the goggles, leave the venting system in to deal with fogging. I make that error in my first set of goggles, they fogged like a mad weasel. I got the second unit and they were cut with the vent system left intact. I use them in -20 and +30 and only had fogging once due to me laying down below the dew line.

Hope it helps.

I'm the Barrie Bastard.
http://www.bbbastard.com/

Cheese is good.
deep in the bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 10:27   #18
Skorpion

I just use a guarder C4 glasses, much more comfortable than a mask and keeping my mouth shut(most of the time) XD but if you want a mask, these look nice

http://www.acmgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=27

Its cloned from Marui, has little fans to prevent fog, you can take out the face protection and has some spare space for glasses

hope it helped
Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 21:07   #19
scottyfox

New to the issue of paintball goggles as I've never had to buy them since I stick to private fields. Is it okay to krylon paint the strap over the JT logo etc? Or does this count as altering them and affect their permissibility for Paintball fields' insurance.

It may be a no brainer but I'm cognizant of the days when goalie masks came out and painting them affected their CSA rating.
scottyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 19:38   #20
Indianajohns
Herr ScheißeLiebhaber

I've got a paintball mask and I love/hate it. It is great for protecting your face but it hinders your breathing and when things get going all you can hear is your breath.

For outdoor games I'm going to invest in some other goggles and a mouthguard.
Indianajohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 20:45   #21
Cuddles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyfox View Post
New to the issue of paintball goggles as I've never had to buy them since I stick to private fields. Is it okay to krylon paint the strap over the JT logo etc? Or does this count as altering them and affect their permissibility for Paintball fields' insurance.

It may be a no brainer but I'm cognizant of the days when goalie masks came out and painting them affected their CSA rating.
It should be fine to spray paint your mask - a lot of paintballers do it. It really depends on the field you go to on what they allow in terms of further modding your mask.
Cuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:27   #22
martin2112
a.k.a martind2112

Send a message via MSN to martin2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion View Post
I just use a guarder C4 glasses, much more comfortable than a mask and keeping my mouth shut(most of the time) XD but if you want a mask, these look nice

http://www.acmgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=27

Its cloned from Marui, has little fans to prevent fog, you can take out the face protection and has some spare space for glasses

hope it helped
These suck; I have the Marui ones. The fit is horrible as the battery compartements are stiff and the goggles do not fit unless your head is 10" wide. Cheek weld is bad.
Old May 18th, 2010, 20:36   #23
DanoftheDead

It sounds like the only good paintball field approved goggles are JT- Spectra Goggles, is this right?
DanoftheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 21:38   #24
PREDATOR G-9

get a mesh mouth guard and googles and wear a cap backwards, its cheap , protects ur eyes and mouth and most or all of ur face, and it looks good
PREDATOR G-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion