Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Elitists -Newbies, please read

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 6th, 2010, 12:09   #121
Danke

Most of us have seen a recent wave of G&G guns in the wild and just about any out here has had an issue and died in action. For example your selector switch will snap off at just the wrong time and you're left with a dead gun for the day.

Now if you're savvy you'll have a backup so your day isn't ruined and you'll be able to take that thing home and fix it up. If it's your first gun and you poured every penny you had into buying it then you're out. You don't know how to fix it, you can't afford the parts you broke, or you can't afford to pay someone who knows how to fix it.

So you wind up in a much worse spot than the guy who paid a few hundred bucks more and had to wait another month before he could play.
Old September 9th, 2010, 18:03   #122
sirtaco27

You know what sucks about airsoft in Canada? I can't play until I'm 18(For some godforsaken reason only insurance companies know) and the prices. I looked at the same gun on an American site and then the same on a Canadian one. There's a literal 400 dollar difference. The gun I bought for 120 will run 300 here. The reason? Canada's weird and frustrating gun laws. Make up your mind! It's either a gun or it's not! Now I know why it's not popular. You have to spend 600 bucks for a good gun. That's a lot of money for someone who can't afford to spend that. In America a good gun might cost 250-400. A decent one 100-250. Here, 600-800 and 300-500. That's why a lot of people go clearsoft. Money. But not me. I got a JG and then upgraded the shit out of it. The same kind of gun I have know would cost me 450 easy. 120 (plus upgrades 200). 450. BIG Difference.

That is all.

Perks:
Bloody BB
BB Magnet
Steady Aim
sirtaco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 18:16   #123
Loathing

Oh boy...

Complaining about not being able to play until you are 18 in regards to insurance companies is like bitching that no one wants to give you car insurance at 16.
Loathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 09:12   #124
Hurley895
The Costco Kid

Read and understood first post.
Hurley895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 15:21   #125
Kreslack Kross

good to know
Kreslack Kross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2010, 16:28   #126
HotDog
a.k.a. ianbreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorzd View Post
Thanks for posting that message, it cleared some things up for me, although I do have one question; exactly what don't you like about G&G?, I just bought a G&G m4 blowback as my first gun for 450$, I am a newb but my friends who have c/a and t/m guns tell me its a pretty reliable gun and that it was a good idea picking it up as my first. Is it because its not an actual replica or is it because its not fully metal etc. Please go easy on me as this is my first post and I am just curious and want to hear more experienced players' opinions about G&G
I started playing airsoft at the local CQB arena. loved the game but didn't like renting equipment for 30 bucks a game and 280rounds. Since I was paying $120 every month to play anyway I figured I should buy my own equipment. or at least my own weapon. I went out and got the G&G model out of frustration and not being able to purchase here. (still not av'ed a year later) I did a lot of looking around and found that those that had them were happy with them. I gotta say I'm glad I got it 1 year of service down over 40,000 rounds through it and not one problem. At first I thought the clear lower reciever looked cheap and fake, but it hasn't affected performance. It's still my only weapon I carry into battle. And since I play strictly CQB its all I really need. Mind you I did buy a few add-ons in the past few months to improve my aim and conserve rounds. other than that its completely stock.

Now I'm planing on custom painting it something completely my own to cover up that lower reciever and no one will know the difference.
HotDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 00:09   #127
SniperVann

As most cant tell i am new two airsoft as well as not been on the forum not to long i tended to stay in the shadows reading as much as i can and waiting till i am able to get Av'ed and i can tell you one thing that i am not going to be cheaping out and made a sticky pad booklet with a list of items i will be getting or hoping to be getting..I have done a rough estimate of round $4000...some thing that are on my list include...G&G Gr16 (blowback)...TSD/Well L96 TSD...Sd700 (planing on upgrading)...KJW 1911 MEU...G&G Gr16a3 (C7 project)...now for gear i have down...Condor Non-Ballistic MoLLE plate Carrier (86.99)...hydration and blatter...Voodoo Tactical Trauma Kit w/Medkit...3 Double M4 mag pouches (Holds 4 Each)...Double Pistol Mag Pouch...WILEY-X NERVE Ballistic Tactical Goggle (94.99) Voodoo Crossfire Glove(mind you they look sweet) and a few other things i wont mention to keep this post short..Ps..will OpsGear send to Canada?

EDIT...Also i have a pair of boots Blawk Hawk Warrior Wear Black Ops Boots for $170

Last edited by SniperVann; December 1st, 2010 at 00:21..
SniperVann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 00:42   #128
VooDooPeteK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperVann View Post
As most cant tell i am new two airsoft as well as not been on the forum not to long i tended to stay in the shadows reading as much as i can and waiting till i am able to get Av'ed and i can tell you one thing that i am not going to be cheaping out and made a sticky pad booklet with a list of items i will be getting or hoping to be getting..I have done a rough estimate of round $4000...some thing that are on my list include...G&G Gr16 (blowback)...TSD/Well L96 TSD...Sd700 (planing on upgrading)...KJW 1911 MEU...G&G Gr16a3 (C7 project)...now for gear i have down...Condor Non-Ballistic MoLLE plate Carrier (86.99)...hydration and blatter...Voodoo Tactical Trauma Kit w/Medkit...3 Double M4 mag pouches (Holds 4 Each)...Double Pistol Mag Pouch...WILEY-X NERVE Ballistic Tactical Goggle (94.99) Voodoo Crossfire Glove(mind you they look sweet) and a few other things i wont mention to keep this post short..Ps..will OpsGear send to Canada?

EDIT...Also i have a pair of boots Blawk Hawk Warrior Wear Black Ops Boots for $170
Thats quite the list.....

can I ask why so many guns on the list? Don't get me wrong most of us have more then one gun but usually don't start with a list of so many guns

unless this was not a "start with" list
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 14:07   #129
kalnaren

Quote:

I admire your ambition. Can I also offer you some carriage returns and periods?

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 16:43   #130
Strelok

Meh, all clone sniper rifles are POS, i'd save up for something better when you're verified.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:27   #131
SniperVann

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPeteK View Post
Thats quite the list.....

can I ask why so many guns on the list? Don't get me wrong most of us have more then one gun but usually don't start with a list of so many guns

unless this was not a "start with" list
That's still not all of it but yaa the guns are not a start with just the gear and everything else will be to start with the starter guns i would mostly get would be the Gr16 blowback and the TSD SD96
Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:28   #132
SniperVann

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post

lol sure I will take those offers thank you lol i kno im horrible at grammer and all that stuff so i just tend not to care

EDIT...Still not use to how things are on ASC as you can tell ^^
Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:45   #133
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
That's still not all of it but yaa the guns are not a start with just the gear and everything else will be to start with the starter guns i would mostly get would be the Gr16 blowback and the TSD SD96
those are terrible guns.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 18:51   #134
SniperVann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
those are terrible guns.
so you say i really don't care iv heard but good things about G&G and TSD so i figure i would give em a try...plus ever since i started looking into airsoft the G&G Gr16 Blowback and the TSD SD96 were the main ones i always had my sight set on to buying and if i dont like them the most that will happen is i would buy a new AEG and have the GR16 as a wall hanger and i would be upgrading the 96 anyways
Old December 2nd, 2010, 18:54   #135
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

noobs know everything didn't you know? and that first post should have been in the introduction section

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank