Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old December 22nd, 2009, 14:10   #46
Scopedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Is there any weakness in blowback strength?
No, the blowback action is quite crisp. Not sluggish at all.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 14:16   #47
m102404
Tys

At least the questions aren't written with cell phone quick-correct l33t speak...that'd melt my brain.

NOTE: A potential downside to an enhanced hammer (mainspring) spring is that the recoiling slide has to work against it to cam the hammer back and cock it. It's usually camming it back even further/past the point that it needs to. The force necessary to do so essentially adds drag to the slide...and gas keeps being flooded into the system until the little prongs are tripped to cut off the knocker.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 14:36   #48
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopedog View Post
No, the blowback action is quite crisp. Not sluggish at all.
If that's the case, then it's hard to say what could be causing this, without me seeing it in person.

You'll have to run tests to check the seals in all areas of the gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
At least the questions aren't written with cell phone quick-correct l33t speak...that'd melt my brain.

NOTE: A potential downside to an enhanced hammer (mainspring) spring is that the recoiling slide has to work against it to cam the hammer back and cock it. It's usually camming it back even further/past the point that it needs to. The force necessary to do so essentially adds drag to the slide...and gas keeps being flooded into the system until the little prongs are tripped to cut off the knocker.
Agreed. However, the extra force required to force the hammer down will also equate to supa powa megaleet blowback feel!
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 02:27   #49
Slono
Slow mo.

Do you know where I could get an exploded diagram of the TM MEU? I also have one thing I want to get started on with my metal kit before I have the guts of the MEU to transplant. How do I install the magwell? It has two pieces... the magwell and a small pin. I noticed there's a whole in the magwell about 2/3 of the way up it. I want to do this right and need to know the steps in installing it.

EDIT: The whole is at the top of the part, not 2/3.
edit 2: The *hole is at the top of the part, not 2/3.

Last edited by Slono; December 26th, 2009 at 02:43..
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2009, 00:25   #50
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
Do you know where I could get an exploded diagram of the TM MEU? I also have one thing I want to get started on with my metal kit before I have the guts of the MEU to transplant. How do I install the magwell? It has two pieces... the magwell and a small pin. I noticed there's a whole in the magwell about 2/3 of the way up it. I want to do this right and need to know the steps in installing it.

EDIT: The whole is at the top of the part, not 2/3.
1. You'll get the exploded diagram when you receiver your pistol (it'll be here soon.)
2. Once you get your MEU and see how the original Mainspring Housing works, you'll figure out how the Nova one works
Old December 26th, 2009, 01:39   #51
turok_t

Hey Brian, I know you mentioned that the SD OPS MRP slides do not have the notch for the bushing. This means that if I buy an outer barrel, it has to be a cone type. Most of the outer barrels on WGC, UN and redwolf are straight barrels. The only cone types I saw are the ones that are fixed with the chambers and require an optional compensator, which I do not want. Do you know where I can get just a cone type outer barrel, preferrably from SD?

Also, im planning to get the firefly hop up for my 5.1. Would you suggest the hard or soft type? Im using 0.25g bastards.

Last edited by turok_t; December 26th, 2009 at 03:05..
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2009, 06:11   #52
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Hey Brian, I know you mentioned that the SD OPS MRP slides do not have the notch for the bushing. This means that if I buy an outer barrel, it has to be a cone type. Most of the outer barrels on WGC, UN and redwolf are straight barrels. The only cone types I saw are the ones that are fixed with the chambers and require an optional compensator, which I do not want. Do you know where I can get just a cone type outer barrel, preferrably from SD?
ILLusion Kinetics has better bull barrels, but if you really want the SD one instead, PM me and I'll send you to a link for it on WGC.

ILLusion Kinetics barrels are offered in a fixed variety, that will increase the durability of your slide infinitely. Bull barrels using the traditional Browning tilting design are prone to:

1) Limiting slide life (the slide becomes a consumable part)
2) As the slide wears down, or if the tolerances of the parts are at an extreme, the slide can (and will, eventually) lock up against the chamber, causing cycling problems.

ILLusion Kinetics advanced bull barrels have solved these problems.

Quote:
Also, im planning to get the firefly hop up for my 5.1. Would you suggest the hard or soft type? Im using 0.25g bastards.
Soft Type

Last edited by ILLusion; December 26th, 2009 at 06:14..
Old December 26th, 2009, 22:43   #53
turok_t

Hey Brian, if you can send me the link to the cone type outer barrel (preferably SD) that would be awesome. Also, will this cone type barrel be compatible with any of the SD chamber as well? Based on my observations, they SHOULD be the compatible, with just different markings, but please correct me if im wrong.
Old December 27th, 2009, 18:00   #54
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Hey Brian, if you can send me the link to the cone type outer barrel (preferably SD) that would be awesome. Also, will this cone type barrel be compatible with any of the SD chamber as well? Based on my observations, they SHOULD be the compatible, with just different markings, but please correct me if im wrong.
It should be compatible with all of the SD chambers designed for use with the Marui Hi-Capa.

I've heard it doesn't fit the chambers made for the 1911, but I don't have any personal experience with it and can not confirm nor deny that information. It's just something I've heard off the internet.
Old December 27th, 2009, 19:18   #55
RacingManiac

yeah I have a set that does not fit together....I've heard all the new ones are the same thread now, but there was something before that is different from the others....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 00:33   #56
turok_t

Hey Brian, how much are your barrels and outer chambers combined for 5.1?
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:47   #57
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Hey Brian, how much are your barrels and outer chambers combined for 5.1?
At the moment, the ILLusion Kinetics fixed one-piece CNC machined 303 stainless steel barrels are $155 at preorder price.

The fixed/non-tilting version does not move as realistic, but they increase the durability of your slide infinitely. It also lacks the *cha-chink* sounds you'll get from the metal-on-metal contact during the cycling action.

Traditional tilting barrels are slightly higher in price.
Old December 28th, 2009, 11:58   #58
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
At the moment, the ILLusion Kinetics fixed one-piece CNC machined 303 stainless steel barrels are $155 at preorder price.

The fixed/non-tilting version does not move as realistic, but they increase the durability of your slide infinitely. It also lacks the *cha-chink* sounds you'll get from the metal-on-metal contact during the cycling action.

Traditional tilting barrels are slightly higher in price.
Hey Brian, just to confirm its the outer barrel and the chamber for $155 right? If so, i might grab one off of u. Also, what is "tilting" ?

EDIT: One more question. Im looking for silver accessories for my 5.1. Is it better to go with NINE BALL or FIRST FACTORY?

Last edited by turok_t; December 28th, 2009 at 12:13..
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:13   #59
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Hey Brian, just to confirm its the outer barrel and the chamber for $155 right? If so, i might grab one off of u.
As stated, it's ONE PIECE. It's constructed similar to a real pistol barrel... the chamber and barrel aren't screwed together. If you like, I can chop it in half and sell it to you as two pieces for you to glue it back together. But it doesn't work too well that way.

For that price, you get a choice of three free chamber options:
  • Blank
  • .45 ACP
  • .38 SUPER
Custom engraving options, lengths and finishes are also available, but may be subject to a surcharge, ie:

Quote:
EDIT: One more question. Im looking for silver accessories for my 5.1. Is it better to go with NINE BALL or FIRST FACTORY?
LOL. "Nine Ball" and "First Factory" are both sub-brands of the LayLax company. They can be considered as both one of the same. The brand should be accurately called "Nine Ball" to avoid confusion, but some Asian retailers still market them under the First Factory brand, as it's more well known. Each of the sub-brands of Laylax specialize in different products. For example, the Nine Ball brand specializes in pistol upgrade components, and Prometheus is AEG component upgrades & barrels.

The Laylax company carries 12 brands, including Nine Ball and First Factory - the latter being one of the older and more well known brands.

Regarding my opinion on the product, it's a lot of money for die-casted aluminum parts. My experience with them has been okay, but not great. It's not much more of an increase to go with better built CNC machined stainless steel components.
Old December 28th, 2009, 13:09   #60
RacingManiac

I try to avoid their stuff when I can....exception so far being the slide catch since they are the only one that makes extended ones for Hi-Capa, but the quality is still crap. For Hi-Capa, most the the control(thumb safety, beavertail, trigger...etc) can use their 1911 equivelent, so I've been turning to Nova parts....Slide stop, the best one is the one Brian sells, Nova's needs work for them to fit properly...

One of my Nine Ball hi-flow just broke apart....I think I'll need to put the stock ones back on now...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications