Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

International Retailer Discussion

:

General

Closed Thread

Old January 14th, 2008, 16:06   #1
Amos

International Retailer Discussion

Hey... this has probably been done before... But not in the same way.

I'm wondering which retailers you people prefer; and which ones don't rip you off on shipping.

I've got experience ordering from pretty much every retailer. In my experiences red wolf has been the most pleasant. Their prices may be a little high, but their shipping is exactly what shipping is... And I like that.

I've ordered stuff from Den trinity before... I like their selection, they have a lot of stuff other people don't have... But their prices for shipping are ridiculous. I ordered 2 silencer adapters, a hop up bucking, and a battery... And they charged close to 50 dollars for shipping.

I tried to order from that RSOV website... but I'm never dealing with them again. I tried to order 4 magazines for my Type 96, They were the well knockoff magazines (they had a deal, 2 for 15.50), but the catch was they wanted 50 dollars shipping on something that doesn't even weigh 1KG.

So, What've your experiences been like?
G3SD6
Old January 14th, 2008, 16:17   #2
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

UNC ftw... pay with paypal and you get a small discount and their shipping is very nice also.

Worst is WGC, shipping is over price + each parts are usually more expensive.

Never ordered from Redwolf tho...
Old January 14th, 2008, 16:19   #3
gvanzeggelaar

personally i always go with ehobby. They have great prices and superfast shipping.
Old January 14th, 2008, 16:27   #4
Tankdude

ehobby.
Shipping cost is always up front so you know what your getting into,
but it is hard to order a bunch of stuff at once.
Old January 14th, 2008, 17:07   #5
Lawdog

I've had good experiences with Redwolf and UNco, as well as Dentrin and Airsoft Global.

Overall, though, for quality of service combined with price etc, if I can get it from Cobraairsoft.com, they are my first choice.

Ld
Old January 14th, 2008, 18:06   #6
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdude View Post
ehobby.
Shipping cost is always up front so you know what your getting into,
but it is hard to order a bunch of stuff at once.
I love eHobby. Good prices, shipping paid for every item but still lower total cost sometimes than other retailers BEFORE their shipping cost.

Why is it hard to order a bunch of stuff at once?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Old January 14th, 2008, 18:59   #7
mitchie

Hey

From my own experiences, I really liked dealing with redwolf. They're really professional and shipping is REALLY FAST with them. The only problem I guess is that they ship EMS which is pretty pricey compared to standard airmail (but it arrives in 4-5 days) and also most packages send via EMS tend to get duties charged on them (I don't know why--just an observation). EHobby usually ships standard airmail (unless you buy a lot of stuff) and so I've never been charged duties from them (Well...only once way back when I bought a large order worth $200).

One thing I noticed was that the price of shipping on the same part differed from place to place, so it's best to shop around and get quotes from everyone. And sometimes, the prices tend to even out becuase the store with the cheaper product tends to charge more for shipping.
Old January 14th, 2008, 20:34   #8
Tankdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
I love eHobby. Good prices, shipping paid for every item but still lower total cost sometimes than other retailers BEFORE their shipping cost.

Why is it hard to order a bunch of stuff at once?
I can't just check off items and click check out like say, airsoftparts.ca. I have to buy each one one at a time.
Just annoying I guess.
Old January 14th, 2008, 20:58   #9
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
ive dealt with unc, wgc, war4 and redwolf.

Unc
Good prices, if the part was out of stock they will backorder it (free shipping on backorder parts if the first bit is already shipped)

WGC
Larger parts lists than UNC, but if the part is out of stock, they take your money and just give you credit. I hated this since their stock/outof stock is very unreliable and its very rare that they get stock on the more uncommon items. Other than their large selection of possible items to get, i much prefer ordering from UNC over WGC unless they dont have what i need.

War4
They refuse orders from canadians period. Restricted items or not. Even gearbox internals etc.

redwolf
Did an order via ray regis + A&A and paid for a p90 in may 2007. I was told during then, that the order was just being held by customs and it just had to clear. I found out october that the order was never shipped to canada in the first place and that it was sitting at redwolf for about 6-7 months and that A&A never received it. Finally, 2 months ago, it arrived at A&A and was supposed to be shipped to ray regis. Ray only received it 1 week ago and will be shipping it to me soon i hope

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
Old January 14th, 2008, 21:14   #10
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdude View Post
I can't just check off items and click check out like say, airsoftparts.ca. I have to buy each one one at a time.
Just annoying I guess.
It's actually not that hard, yes you have to buy things one at a time, but then you just pay for all your items at the same time and they get shipped together. Not that much different than adding things to a shopping cart like online stores.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Old January 14th, 2008, 21:22   #11
Amos

I'm actually having huge problems with Ehobby right now because of Ebay... Not because of Ehobby..

seems you can only order 3 things every 10 days, I was planning on doing a large order for CQB masks from them... I need 'em shipped and arrived by Feb 8th, and I need to order about 15 of them...

I've send Ehobby a message.. But the whole paypal / ebay thing is really starting to fuck me over.
G3SD6
Old January 14th, 2008, 21:23   #12
BBS

Send a message via MSN to BBS
i find that ehobby has awesome prices and shipping, but thier selection is more limited than UNC and Redwolf. I personally never had a problem with these 3 companies.
Old January 14th, 2008, 21:33   #13
jonney.

ehobby is great in my experience only shipping seems to take forever!!!
Old January 14th, 2008, 22:23   #14
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
and the fact that they dont bundle their products anymore for shipping...
If you buy two masks amos, your actually paying the full shipping from HK to you 2x, he still charges you the full fare again for each item (though he may actually ship it together)

Ive talked to him about this and he refuses to bundle the shipping, which is why i prefer not to do business with him

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
Old January 14th, 2008, 23:08   #15
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
and the fact that they dont bundle their products anymore for shipping...
If you buy two masks amos, your actually paying the full shipping from HK to you 2x, he still charges you the full fare again for each item (though he may actually ship it together)

Ive talked to him about this and he refuses to bundle the shipping, which is why i prefer not to do business with him
Yea I know that, But they're still cheaper shipped than anywhere else to just purchase them.
G3SD6
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General