Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Are Revolvers A Legitimate Sidearm?

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 14th, 2012, 19:47   #31
Spookums

I do appreciate the responses thusfar in regards to my inquery of revolver usefulness. I have to say though, that the idea
Of bipodding one's sidearm sounds pretty silly. I accept that by using one, I am severly handicapping myself by being left with six shots and a relatively slow reload speed. I do like the accuracy that I get with this pistol, and like slink182 said, its quite a hoot to fire.

Also, Im glad I didnt get it in chrome, but in that blue/black tone. Someone came out the local field and people could see the chrome shining even in the woods! :O

I certainly don't expect to beat everyone I have to defend against, simply because its a revolver, and I can certainly work my way up to something more reliable and effective to help even the odds. Unfortunately I cannot ask in the forums yet for advice on pistols until my AV status is approved, hopefully within a couple days or so for that.

I do like the wide degree of comments that have come in in regards to use of revolvers, and if anyone that has used them before or currently have additional advice for their operation, I would love to hear from you.

Cliffradical, I would love to set up, or see, a thread in regards to practical use of revolvers in airsoft terms. I think it would be of great benefit to players old and new, such as myself, in how to be more effective with their weapons of choice.
<a href=https://www.facebook.com/OntarioAirsoftJuggernaut target=_blank>Juggernaut Community Page on Facebook</a>, <a href=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyTOqCk_-cnuorNFYtEsX6w target=_blank>On Youtube @ OntarioAirsoftJuggernaut</a>
Spookums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 01:36   #32
S_Okita

I remember seeing a hi cap type system for wg revolvers i belive. basically it was a 1 piece unit that replaced the shells and held 4 bbs per chamber. i know nothing beyond that but it would solve the ammo cap issue
S_Okita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 08:59   #33
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Yah, I had an AEG with 160 round midcaps, so I bought a revolver as pretty much a show piece. Now that I sold the AEG and have gone with a gas gun...Ive got to get myself a gbb pistol.

Revolvers are quite fun to play around with, but as some people said, they are not very accurate in double action. You can "Pirates of the Caribbean" it by hitting down the hammer with the palm of your hand, but I wouldn't recommend it as the hammer on your revolver may be weak. Mine seems to have been made from decent components, and I have done that on a few occasions, and succeeded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 10:20   #34
Covax

This is what I’m running at the moment as my fallback:

Covax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 23:33   #35
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
Yes, but only to rub it in when you take out a full auto aeg bb spammer with it.

Revolvers are just sexy.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 01:14   #36
S_Okita

covax nice piece!! too bad its probably worth more than my car lol
S_Okita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:01   #37
Kwokwai

Send a message via ICQ to Kwokwai Send a message via MSN to Kwokwai Send a message via Yahoo to Kwokwai
If you want more capacity you can always consider the KWC Python in 6". Each shell holds 4 BBs for 24 shot capacity. Pretty good range and accuracy with them too.
Kwokwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:14   #38
dodgetheram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covax View Post
This is what I’m running at the moment as my fallback:

Thats some peice, it barely fits in the box!

G&P M4A1
KWA MK23 USSOCOM
KWA TMP9
WE KAC PDW
G&G MP5 SD6 TopTech
WE 1911/MEU SOCOM
dodgetheram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 04:45   #39
Devious Sinner

yes there are always those that will make modifications to their guns to run the highest and fastest rate of fire (or find a gun that shoots fast and hard) possible but at the same time there's always somebody that will use a pump action shotgun.

my point is, it ultimately depends on your own play style and yes even skill.
there is no "right" or "wrong" sidearm, there is only what you make of it.
quite frankly, it doesn't matter if you give a 6 shot revolver or a 20 shot glock to an experienced player...either way, he'll kill you.

"The Colt Single Action Army, the greatest hand gun ever made. Six shots. More than enough to kill anything that moves"!
-Revolver Ocelot, Metal Gear Solid
Old June 24th, 2012, 23:32   #40
bsohi

I love the revolver for aesthetic purposes. Sure, you don't go too sidearms often, but I feel like a bada$$ mamajama with a revolver on my person.
bsohi is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank