Duster gas pulled? Liabilities?

:

General

Old July 5th, 2005, 04:22   #31
Grim Fandango

Send a message via ICQ to Grim Fandango Send a message via MSN to Grim Fandango
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt_Cold
well if there taking something as harmless as duster away from minors, the need to make sure any sprays including - window cleaner, soaps , airfreshner,
Most stores only take away products that are popular with the retarded stoner kids. If there is no big influx in window cleaner sales with teenagers, they won't bother taking it away. Taking away all that stuff too makes it harder for shoppers, I mean what if you need a can of airfreshener and need to show your I.D. at the store. There is just too much shit for these retarded kids to get "high" on. Hell they could just get a pack of Morning Glory seeds or buy some nutmeg and get high.
Grim Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2005, 08:55   #32
ToRN

Send a message via AIM to ToRN Send a message via MSN to ToRN Send a message via Skype™ to ToRN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws
Just A Note That R134a Is The Chemical In Ac Systems In All Cars Since 1993 And It Is A $500,000 Fine If Caught Despencing It Into The Air. It Was The Replacment For R12 Freon
we don't use R134, we use HFC134a, there is a difference.
Give your head a shake, man. You don't jump out of a shaky car so you can ride in one that's on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_Man_in_CADPATs
I also noticed for the first time that Bod sounds a lot like Jango Fett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
I like the part where he got banned.
ToRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 15:01   #33
infernal

Send a message via MSN to infernal
thats right up there with vending machines that sell soiled womens panties.
infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 15:41   #34
Magnus

Send a message via MSN to Magnus
The SAD thing is I've been to partys where people were inhaleing duster gas, and its not a preaty sight. Apparently it does more then block the oxygen to the brain. And it apparently gives you the fealing of being extreamly "high" and in some cases a serious nose bleed, eventually you just pass out and look like an asshole.

Now I drink now and then at partys but some people are just so stupid.

Sidenote: The only reason I did't leave the party was becasue it was at my best friends house and I did't want to leave him with the mess.

Mag

----------------- Aresenal ---------------
ICS m4a1
--------------- Ordering soon ------------
-Sanyo m4 type 9.6v 1700
-Star locaps 30 rounds (m16)
-Gauder m16 hand rail mount
-G&p aimpoint
-Silencer
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2005, 13:26   #35
NomoZ

Send a message via MSN to NomoZ
I have a new question that's somewhat related. I just bought some "134a power airgun gas" from airsoft kelowna, and I'm a little worried because it says power level GREEN(out put measured at 8kgs +/- o.5kgs) and under caution it says "keep away from and do not discharge gas near spark/ open flame."....so I'm a little worried that this is propane or something.

Anyone use this brand before?
Old July 16th, 2005, 20:44   #36
smoke

Send a message via MSN to smoke
A guy in P.E.I just died from duster gas.
smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2005, 15:40   #37
Shutter
Previously known as Volatile Psychosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomoZ
wtf is wrong with kids these days? I swear in a couple years there's gonna be a generation that wipes itself out from it's own stupidity.
I personally fail to see a problem with that. I knew the world was doomed when some 10-12 year old twig demanded I step outside and fight him because I refused to sell him something at an old job of mine. For the record, I was 20 at the time, 6' and a good 200lbs, and while the idea of turning the kid into paste was appealing at the time, jail time isn't really a goal of mine. I swear, I seen that kid in the news a few days later for stealing cars.
Old July 17th, 2005, 16:04   #38
conrad

Send a message via MSN to conrad
Volatile Psychosis , may I ask what the item was?
conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2005, 16:06   #39
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws
Just A Note That R134a Is The Chemical In Ac Systems In All Cars Since 1993 And It Is A $500,000 Fine If Caught Despencing It Into The Air. It Was The Replacment For R12 Freon
we don't use R134, we use HFC134a, there is a difference.
Where is MadMax when you need him?

Look guys, it's REALLY that simple.

First off - the R in 134 means Refridgerant - the HVAC community calls it that no matter if its CFC or HFC - the gas is used as a refridgerant.

HFC mean HYDROFLUROCARBON (Good!), as opposed to CFC, CLOROFLUROCARBON (Bad!) - they stopped making CFC's [Ref. Clean Air Act, Jan.1.1996]cause of the really really big hole in the ozone layer. Needless to say it's not a bunch of kids shooting their GBB's that's responsible for global warming...anyway...

GREEN GAS is just PROPANE! That's it! No really...really really! Like you know when, like, you go, like CAMPING, eh? Yaaaa...itz teh pRoPAN3!

Japanese GBB's were designed using standard R-12 and R-134a pressure limits [ASGK/JASC conformities - like ISO standards for Airsoft Manufaturing] , which is why you always hear these stories about peoples guns blowing up when using Green Gas/Propane. It's a lot harder on that $400 GBB than it was designed. I do believe the Taiwanese and other outside-japan GBB manufacturers have designed their GBB's with GreenGas in mind. It makes sense considering how expensive R134a is compared to Propane.

All that aside - NONE of any of the gasses mentioned above are ingestible. As well I wish society would stop protecting the Darwin Award winners from themselves. They obviously have a gene defect - who the fuck wants that to mix thru our pool? It's like wrapping a log of shit in a zip-lock bag just so it can float in the pool with us...???
lt_poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2005, 17:54   #40
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
R134a, R134, HFC134a are interchangable names used by the refrigerant industry to describe tetrafluoroethane. HFC134a is actually a descriptive name (HydroFluoroCarbon) the numbers indicate the quantity of hydrogen, fluorine, carbon atoms in the molecule according to a numbering scheme that industry has agreed upon. R22 is actually HCFC22 not HFC22 as often quoted in airsoft circles.

The fine for uncontrolled release does apply to refrigerant packaged R134a. I suspect that this is a legal holdover to prevent the release of R12, and R22 which are both phased out for ozone depleting reasons. While it isn't ozone depleting, R134a does have a high global warming potential (about 1300x higher than for CO2 IRC) so restrictions on it's large quantity release will probably not be removed.

I think the amounts of non refrigerant packaged R134a are so small in comparison to refrigerant purpose R134a that aerosol release is not regulated. Especially considering the immense global warming potential that automobiles represent. Restricting computer duster R134 is like going after the electronics industry for lead solder when improperly disposed lead acid batteries account for well over 80% of the lead content in garbage dumps.

If I had the time to chase the appropriate figures down, it may be that the global warming output for steel refining and manufacturing, and transportation of a duster can could exceed the GWP of the R134 that would be stored inside. It's funny how accounting figures end up sometimes.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2005, 18:21   #41
Shutter
Previously known as Volatile Psychosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad
Volatile Psychosis , may I ask what the item was?
Believe it or not, but at the time I was working at Subway. This kid comes in and asks me if I have any cigarettes to sell him, and I'm like hell no, then he asks me if I will walk over to the Macs convience store and buy him some, so I told him to get lost. At which point he asked me outside. I calmly replied that I'd feed his bones through a woodchipper before he knew what happened to him. He left.

I got a call from a lady later that day saying that someone threatened her son, of course "I hadn't heard anything about that"
Old July 17th, 2005, 19:15   #42
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volatile Psychosis

I got a call from a lady later that day saying that someone threatened her son, of course "I hadn't heard anything about that"
BHUAHAHA, 'lil 'thug' went running to his mommy :mrgreen:
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2005, 20:37   #43
Glock 18

Send a message via MSN to Glock 18
Thirteen was a stupid movie about a few girls who experimented with different drug usages, including Duster. It shows them inhaling it, so its give all the kids who see it the idea "wow i can get duster and its cheap and easy to buy".

Monkey see monkey do.
Old February 1st, 2006, 01:35   #44
JT_10111

Send a message via MSN to JT_10111
just one final question, if a GBB is classified as HFC134a ready, can you use either regular propane(with the AI adapter), Airsoft 'green gas', and HFC134a gas in the same gun, if they are technically the same.

and if this is true, than that means...

huh?

HFC134a-------------\
Crappy Tire Propane---|-------- all the same with different names??
AS Green gas---------/
JT_10111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 02:17   #45
PTE. Pyle

Send a message via MSN to PTE. Pyle
do a little search instead of bringing back old dead threads

FYI: bringing back dead threads with no new relevant information is probably even more anoying than starting a compleetly new usless thread.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General