Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 17th, 2013, 12:22   #1696
T[]RK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Good luck with finding a Kimber BP Ten. The closest I've ever seen in terms of the style, is the Marushin shell ejecting Kimber. The markings indicated it was a Gold Match TEN, though.
Yeah, that. =)

Quote:
I've done it a few times, but you may need to replace a few other parts (such as the sight and blowback assembly).
You used Guarder slides, right? About that sight replacement, your mean use Marui style (like on 5.1), b'coz of same ports on slide for it? I just want to know i must use it b'coz of slide or b'coz of BBU?

What about useing M1911 slides on KJW Hi-Capa frame (or Marui Hi-Capa Frame)? BP Ten useing usual barrels and also useing barrel bushing + usual (Mil-spec) recoil spring IIRC.
T[]RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 15:08   #1697
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T[]RK View Post
You used Guarder slides, right? About that sight replacement, your mean use Marui style (like on 5.1), b'coz of same ports on slide for it? I just want to know i must use it b'coz of slide or b'coz of BBU?
No, it wasn't a Guarder slide.

The sight replacement, was simply because the KJW sights didn't fit a Hi-Capa 5.1 dovetail.

Quote:
What about useing M1911 slides on KJW Hi-Capa frame (or Marui Hi-Capa Frame)? BP Ten useing usual barrels and also useing barrel bushing + usual (Mil-spec) recoil spring IIRC.
I don't see why that couldn't work. You'd just need to get all the parts to support such a conversion.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 09:55   #1698
kar120c

Can I fit this adapter http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/PDI-Th...A1-p/64014.htm to a Marui Detonics?
I want it for outdoor use to attach a fake silencer painted red

Last edited by kar120c; January 19th, 2013 at 09:59..
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 00:34   #1699
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
Can I fit this adapter http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/PDI-Th...A1-p/64014.htm to a Marui Detonics?
I want it for outdoor use to attach a fake silencer painted red
Yes, you can - with the use of a longer inner barrel.
Old January 29th, 2013, 13:41   #1700
T[]RK

Are Shooters Design Hi-Capa slides compatible with NOVA Barrel Bushings (slide have got special cuts inside!)?
Old January 29th, 2013, 13:43   #1701
RacingManiac

I don't think so, IIRC SD have their own bushing for their slides that uses it...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 13:51   #1702
T[]RK

I founded slide i need, but i hear SD can use only their own barrel bushing... hm... it's better to get slide first and test barrel bushing i already own (NOVA).
Old January 29th, 2013, 14:06   #1703
RacingManiac

I think if its needed you can probably source the SD bushing from Dentrinity...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old January 29th, 2013, 14:19   #1704
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Are Shooters Design Hi-Capa slides compatible with NOVA Barrel Bushings (slide have got special cuts inside!)?
No, they are not.

The Shooters Design product came out before the existence of the Marui 1911 series. As such, they had to make up their own dimensions not only on how the barrel bushing fit to the slide, but they had also made up their own dimensions on the outer diameter of the straight outer barrel. Thus, none of it is really compatible.... although, the Shooters Design barrel is close enough to be used with standard Marui 1911 setups, albeit, with a slight wobble, as it has a smaller diameter.

Nova barrel bushings are based off the Marui spec, and will not fit a Shooters Design spec slide.

If you want to put a barrel bushing on a Shooters Design slide, you'll need to get a Shooters Design barrel bushing set. The other reason why this is, is because the recoil rod bushing for a 1911 is longer than the Hi-Capa. The Shooters Design rod bushing that comes in the bushing set is the proper length for such a setup.

Last edited by ILLusion; January 29th, 2013 at 14:23..
Old January 29th, 2013, 14:46   #1705
RacingManiac

Interesting on the Nova bushing to SD barrel, I haven't had much of a issue with that wobble. I think at one point I had to bore out one of the Nova bushing to fit my SD barrel. I am using SD barrel for all my Nova 1911 build...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old January 30th, 2013, 04:26   #1706
T[]RK

Quote:
If you want to put a barrel bushing on a Shooters Design slide, you'll need to get a Shooters Design barrel bushing set.
Hm... Set like this?

GSMS975S

Oh... i think this will be better (Black Bushing, Silver Plug. Exactly what i need!):

GSMS975B

Quote:
The other reason why this is, is because the recoil rod bushing for a 1911 is longer than the Hi-Capa. The Shooters Design rod bushing that comes in the bushing set is the proper length for such a setup.
Rod bushing? You mean "Recoil Spring Plug"? Yeah, i saw RacingManiac vids on YouTube about it.

O.K. setup now look's like this:
SD slide (BK);
SD Barrel Bushing (BK);
SD Recoil Spring Plug (SV);
SD Outer Barrel (Straight, SV);
SD Chamber (SV).

Should i get Recoil Spring Rod from SD too (to use with SD Plug)?

Also, it's just me or something wrong with rear slide serrations?

GSMS410B
Nothing wrong on another side:

GSMS410B

P.S. I am useing SD Outer Barrel (straight) with NOVA Barrel Bushing (Military) on HurricanE slide and it's working well. No wobbles between them.

Last edited by T[]RK; January 30th, 2013 at 05:30..
Old February 12th, 2013, 00:04   #1707
JourneyMan

Quote:
I just sent you the response about 5 minutes ago.

But to answer the question so everyone can see, the Marui Hi-Capa series, despite being plastic, holds up fine to propane. The 5.1 has a tendency to crack at the rear sight dovetail... but it's not consistent. Some users see it break after 5000 rounds... some will never see it. If anyone who's had this happen to them wants to chime in, please feel free.
Brian
I had my 5.1's slide break at the rear sight as described after around 3000 rounds. The gun still cycled, but the rear sight couldn't be mounted. I used it for several hundred rounds after the break, but its kinda hard to shoot at distance with just the front sight.

I've since ordered a slide from SD. The new slide weighs in at 92.2 grams which is about 3 times more than the stock slide at 31.5. I'm temped to slim down my BBU in an attempt to shed some grams there, and get the cyclic rate closer to the stock configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Fandango
If I was a bouncer I wouldn't stop you to inspect your 2 inch erection either.
JourneyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:33   #1708
thestone11

Just received a shooter design grip, I tried to install it last night. The grip is very tight on parts, the trigger is sticking so as the grip safety, the leaf spring doesn't sit properly too. I assume I need to do some filing before it will work, right? Anybody with the same experience?
thestone11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 13:21   #1709
AXe Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestone11 View Post
Just received a shooter design grip, I tried to install it last night. The grip is very tight on parts, the trigger is sticking so as the grip safety, the leaf spring doesn't sit properly too. I assume I need to do some filing before it will work, right? Anybody with the same experience?

I had just bought one too. there needs to be filing for sure.
For me was the trigger,mag release and the the curve at the very top buy the grip screw that meets with the frame,but every grip is going to be different so keep that in mind. Its also time consuming so just buy a small file set and take you time. I spent a whole day just getting it perfect.
AXe Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 17:44   #1710
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Rod bushing? You mean "Recoil Spring Plug"? Yeah, i saw RacingManiac vids on YouTube about it.
Spring plugs have a closed end (as on 1911's). If something runs through it, it supports it, and it acts as a shimming/fitment/friction device, then it is a bushing.

Quote:
Should i get Recoil Spring Rod from SD too (to use with SD Plug)?
Any should work.

Quote:
Also, it's just me or something wrong with rear slide serrations?

GSMS410B
Nothing wrong on another side:

GSMS410B
I would chalk it up to a lighting error.

Quote:
P.S. I am useing SD Outer Barrel (straight) with NOVA Barrel Bushing (Military) on HurricanE slide and it's working well. No wobbles between them.
Noted, as well as RacingManiac's comment. I may have got them mixed up with something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyMan View Post
I've since ordered a slide from SD. The new slide weighs in at 92.2 grams which is about 3 times more than the stock slide at 31.5. I'm temped to slim down my BBU in an attempt to shed some grams there, and get the cyclic rate closer to the stock configuration.
It would be less destructive to just use an enhanced recoil spring. It would also be way more effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestone11 View Post
These typically require some work. The mould they're using has degraded over the years. Many years ago, when they first came out, they fit perfectly right out of the box. Nowadays, the fit is tighter in some areas and it requires some additional fitment.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications