Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The ultimate MILSIM/objective 'KIT'.. anyone interested?

:

General

Old March 28th, 2007, 21:20   #1
Khaz

Send a message via MSN to Khaz
Lightbulb The ultimate MILSIM/objective 'KIT'.. anyone interested?

I'm currently designing a 'MILSIM kit' for our own team's/club's use at matches, and I was curious if any other teams, clubs, groups, or areas would be interested in purchasing such a kit if I made it a 'commercially avaiable' product.

Here's what it is:
A single, durable 'package' that has a keypad and lcd dot-matrix display as a user interface. There would be two to three relay switches where external components may be connected to 'anthing' (i.e. strobe, siren, grenade, Rube Goldberg device, etc).
The device would be programmed to have many different MILSIM scenarios:
-Bomb disposal/activation (think CS)
-Bank vault
-Information systems hacking
-Security system activation/deactivation
-Others
Upon fulfilling certain requirements (entering a password, going through prompts, whatever) the external devices would be switched on/off, or even display information on the display (new activation codes, etc... could be used in tandem with other objectives). All scenarios have configurable options aswell (bomb timer, different passwords, etc)
This would add a whole new dimmension to possible MILSIM activites or match objectives, not to mention the added realism.

The kit would retail for between $70-100 depending on 'options', with an additional fee to get the kit programmed with 'custom' scenarios.
The question is, would any groups be willing to purchase and utilize such a kit?

I greatly appreciate any feedback! Thanks

Last edited by Khaz; March 28th, 2007 at 21:23..
Khaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 22:18   #2
Hunter Killer

interesting idea, but that could over complicate some things
Old March 28th, 2007, 22:28   #3
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
Have you checked out warcraftgames.ca? they have the same kind of setups available..
http://www.warcraftgames.ca/airsoft-props.html

However i dont know if they are functioning, someone else would have to find out
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 23:06   #4
Flint

I've seen DIY units on the net before, uses a PIC18F or 16 chip and can be programed in Basic, built into a old ammo box. Parts would cost around 60 bucks maybe more depends on what LCD you use(how many lines), 2 bucks for parts for a bootloader to upload new code.
Old March 29th, 2007, 01:10   #5
Khaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_SEA View Post
Have you checked out warcraftgames.ca? they have the same kind of setups available..

However i dont know if they are functioning, someone else would have to find out
I would be shocked if any of it is running. From the pics, they just connected thrown out motherboards to outdated and probably broken electronics.
Old March 29th, 2007, 10:59   #6
gamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_SEA View Post

That stuff looks fuckin GHETTO.

Old March 29th, 2007, 15:47   #7

why would someone pay you 70-100 bucks for something they could get from www.qkits.com ?

anyone with a little know-how or google skills could make the parts from that site into whatever bomb, comm device, car starter, hamster wheel they wanted with low cost. and they are in Canada too.

This is not directed at you Khaz, but im sick of people coming up with some airsoft "thing" and thinking they could sell it to the community and make some money. If its open-source, and you are only selling it for what it cost you, ok that makes sense, but too many of these ideas I've seen where its obviously someone trying to make a buck.

again nothing against you Khaz, but i would never buy some "thing" from the average airsoft guy for the following reasons:
1 I don't know the person
2 I don't know how much the thing is being marked up
3 I don't know EXACTLY what i'm getting
4 I can usually just make it myself cheaper
5 human beings suck, and the person is prob trying to make easy money
6 I've never seen something that someone has made short of professional stuff that is up to my standards

anyway, my 2c...

to elaborate qkits heres a "bomb" keypad...
http://store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/K6400

Last edited by Karma; March 29th, 2007 at 15:54.. Reason: EDIT
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 16:04   #8
Flint

Hey Khaz, what you have is a good idea. I feel it maybe more cost effective if you just put out plans and a material list of your device so any one can build it but you supply the programing for it and maybe charge a small fee for custom scenarios if you can write Basic code, I know I can't code but I can build boards.Just a idea!
Old March 29th, 2007, 16:48   #9
Shinjin_MC

Send a message via MSN to Shinjin_MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamz View Post
looks like the DEA has started to cache drugs too
Shinjin_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2007, 01:30   #10
Khaz

I agree with you Karma, in most cases I'd prefer to build something myself too. Cheaper though, not always, damn electronics soemtimes half and quarter in price if you buy enough -.-;

In regards to the qkits unit, while sure its a quick and dirty solution you could build yourself for about $10-15, my own unit is intended to be quite a bit more advanced Not to mention programmed But i'll let you pass judgement on the product when I actually build it.

To Flint, yeah I wouldn't mind posting plans so people with the assembly and circuit building skills could do it themselves. Same thin with alot of mosfet and other conversions. Just paying for parts and labour in the end... always depends whose labour the buyer deems is worth the most/least ammount of money
Old March 30th, 2007, 02:05   #11
Mongoose

I would definately be interested in your MILSIM devices. It would work great in some of the scenarios that we may be playing.
Old March 30th, 2007, 02:24   #12
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamz View Post
When you have a 100 meter long, 4 deck ferry to use that stuff on, it does not feel "ghetto"
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 18:33   #13
seekah

Send a message via MSN to seekah
You havnt seen mine then, Its been at a few Milsims.

Its got a key pad, that needs a real code, it has a digital screen, and timer countown.
If the case is opened the timer can be set to go off, or leave 5 seconds (or whatever)
IR, trip laser
light sensor
movement sensor

and best of all, it actually goes off from a phone call...

I have it hooked up to orange smoke. its a blast when you call it.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General