Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old November 23rd, 2014, 07:51   #1906
MEU98

Hey guys,I would like to start off by saying that this is my first post on the forum and that i am very excited to join you.So i have a TM hi capa for a few years now,its slide has been broken and never really got around fixing it until now.So this xmas i decided to get some upgrades for it.I want to get a new metal slide and the guarder tanio koba grip set.My problem is first of all which slide company to prefer.I don't want any fancy slides just a regular one(no hybrids),because i want the finished gun to look kinda like the custom kimber hi capa that ILLusion made.I saw some nice slides by Shooter's Design but people have been complaining for them as they say they are too loose,another choice is PGC.Another question i would like to ask is if pgc accepts metal outer from other companies without them destroying the slide.
MEU98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2014, 22:20   #1907
Slono
Slow mo.

ILLusion Kinetics
ProG4
Airsoft Surgeon
Davidson Custom
Airsoft Masterpiece

These are all brands that work well with the stock hi-capa frame.
PGC metal outer barrels SHOULD work with slides that are marui spec... in other words NOT shooters design or guarder. Guarder pieces are pretty cheap and I don't recommend them unless you don't mind the extra work fitting them along with a shorter item lifespan.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2014, 14:59   #1908
MEU98

So SD is out of the question?Looking around i found that the slide i might go for is made by 7075 alluminum making it an old model therefore a good one(the slide is made by SD).In addition to that i saw that ILLusion (and he didn't mention any issues) used it in one of his builds for a kimber/hi capa.The slide that i am talking about is the SD Kimber with the sights.
MEU98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2014, 22:38   #1909
Slono
Slow mo.

The older SD slides should be okay. They sometimes still require some fitting and they generally have a looser fit as well.

Old February 7th, 2015, 11:20   #1910
SuperCriollo

So, my Hi capa has this really, REALLY, annoying problem.

The grip safety seems to be pushing up the thumb safety, causing the pistol to go on safe really easily, and letting the hammer drop to a half cocked position if the trigger is pulled when the safety is on, and then switching it to the off position.

Ghaaa Help !

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 16:01   #1911
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

is the gun stock? On my TM with the stock safeties, pressing the grip safety will make the right side thumb safety move very slightly, but I've tried KJ safeties and had similar problems to what you're experiencing
Old February 7th, 2015, 17:09   #1912
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCriollo View Post
So, my Hi capa has this really, REALLY, annoying problem.

The grip safety seems to be pushing up the thumb safety, causing the pistol to go on safe really easily, and letting the hammer drop to a half cocked position if the trigger is pulled when the safety is on, and then switching it to the off position.

Ghaaa Help !
Does the safety get pushed into safe very easily with your thumb? Perhaps the notch that the safety detent rests in has worn down enough that it can be switched to safe with very little effort. You could take a round needle file and very gently make the grove that the safety detent rests in just a bit deeper.

Test and retest if you do this. Taking too much material off will make it so the safety is difficult to engage.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2015, 14:30   #1913
C4stickyplastic

Don't want to take up too much room or detract from this thread, so i'll keep it short,
Q: does any one know what aluminum the Airsoft Masterpiece Standard SAI hi-Capa 5.1 slide is made from?
Link: http://www.a-airsoft.com/index.php?r...product_id=477

I'd much prefer if it were 7075
Much help appreciated
C4stickyplastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2015, 17:41   #1914
Slono
Slow mo.

As far as I know only the older Shooter's Design slides used 7075 aluminum. All current product slides use 6065 aluminum including Airsoft Masterpiece ones.

Old February 8th, 2015, 18:30   #1915
C4stickyplastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
As far as I know only the older Shooter's Design slides used 7075 aluminum. All current product slides use 6065 aluminum including Airsoft Masterpiece ones.
Thanks! That's reassuring, I'm happy with 6065, I had an Airsoft Surgeon Capsicum slide which I wasnt too happy with, it was made from 6061. Thanks for the reply!
Old February 8th, 2015, 21:29   #1916
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
He probably means 6061.....that's what most slides are made of now.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2015, 23:13   #1917
Slono
Slow mo.

yeah sorry, 6061.

Thanks for the response.

Old February 9th, 2015, 13:40   #1918
C4stickyplastic

Ah, i see, thanks for the clarification guys.... I'll see how I feel about it when it gets here. In that case, I'd like to pose a new question, those of you with silver slides made from 6061 aluminum, does it scratch super mega easily forcing you to baby your race gun/1911/ hi-capa?

Im trying to determine if all slides made with this grade of aluminum scratches that easily or if my AS slide is just a bit softer than the average slide, im sick of keeping it in a cabinet, how easily was it scratched? The tip of my finger nail rubbed it softly and permanently marred it .. Drives me crazy
Old February 9th, 2015, 16:31   #1919
MultipleParadox

I have an Airsoft Masterpiece slide for mine

While I haven't paid attention as how easy it is to scratch (I don't care that much), the alum does feel relatively soft.

So yeah if you want to keep it should add new, you'll have to hang out on your wall I fear

Potentially interesting but irrevelant fact, according to ILLUSION, those slides come from the same factory as the ILLusion Kinetics ones

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 10:31   #1920
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4stickyplastic View Post
Ah, i see, thanks for the clarification guys.... I'll see how I feel about it when it gets here. In that case, I'd like to pose a new question, those of you with silver slides made from 6061 aluminum, does it scratch super mega easily forcing you to baby your race gun/1911/ hi-capa?

Im trying to determine if all slides made with this grade of aluminum scratches that easily or if my AS slide is just a bit softer than the average slide, im sick of keeping it in a cabinet, how easily was it scratched? The tip of my finger nail rubbed it softly and permanently marred it .. Drives me crazy
You have to be gentle with them. Don't expect to throw them around and have them looking perfect, that's what STEEL builds are for! The older SD slides may use harder metal but they still scratch easily. The finish of the slide also makes a difference. If you have a brushed or mirrored finish it will always scratch easier than a matte black finish.

There are still some older SD slides available on WGCshop though variety is severely limited.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications