Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Force Recon Nightfall 3 --- Real Cap?

:

General

Old April 4th, 2014, 16:24   #16
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I'd just like to point out that NF3 was sold out in 7 minutes.

While one factor does not a game make... I think there's more to the game being so popular than the awesome group of guys running it, or the caliber of players that show up. There's a lot of things going right at these games. From loadout rules to the type of action and pace that the game moves at.

One would be pretty unwise to ignore all the factors that contribute to the overall success of the NF3 formula.

The preferences of the organizers in the play style they may enjoy show up as game aspects that seemingly 388+ people really wanted to be a part of.

Food for thought.
Old April 4th, 2014, 16:58   #17
drakar

Send a message via Skype™ to drakar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aper View Post
So basically you guys are telling that you're scared that players might sneak in Hi-Caps / Mid-Caps during a Real Cap event ?

And I thought airsoft was all about honesty and integrity ... oh well !

PS; A milsim without a real cap isn't really a milsim. And don't come around with the 1 BB =/= 1 Bullet bullshit. If you're in for a Milsim, the number of BBs that you have to shoot during the game should be the last of your concerns. I managed to shoot 6 BBs during a 10-hour game and had myself a blast. But I guess for each their own.
Agreed too!

www.suat.ca

" My counter-strike will be disproportionate"
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"
drakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2014, 18:20   #18
Drake
E-01

If you can't trust players to respect the real-cap rule (or even the no highcap rule) then you can't trust 'em to call their hits or follow any of the other rules either. This is a playerbase problem, not a rule problem.

Cheaters need to get to cracked down on and run the fuck out of town.
Old April 4th, 2014, 18:27   #19
icaris

Send a message via MSN to icaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
If you can't trust players to respect the real-cap rule (or even the no highcap rule) then you can't trust 'em to call their hits or follow any of the other rules either. This is a playerbase problem, not a rule problem.

Cheaters need to get to cracked down on and run the fuck out of town.
We can understand everyones points and while we mostly agree, have you ever tried enforcing an ammo cap with close to 400 players? It's really not worth the hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3sk View Post
What happens in the BOX stays in the BOX.
icaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2014, 18:36   #20
scottyfox

Deux solitudes of ammo limits?

scottyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2014, 18:36   #21
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
How about this: if an 18 hour MILSIM event not running real cap loadouts bothers you, don't attend. Attend an event that does enforce one instead and save the time complaining and debating over trivial matters.
Old April 4th, 2014, 18:41   #22
Drake
E-01

How about this: this a forum, it's made to discuss ideas. If you don't like discussing/debating/brainstorming/etc why bother reading/replying; go play Xbox or something instead of being a dick.
Old April 4th, 2014, 18:49   #23
drakar

Send a message via Skype™ to drakar
Quote:
Originally Posted by icaris View Post
We can understand everyones points and while we mostly agree, have you ever tried enforcing an ammo cap with close to 400 players? It's really not worth the hassle.
Actualy? Yes! Last year at Battlefield with 355 players and this year with over 500 player.

Quess what? They was no problems and we are not expecting problems this year also.

www.suat.ca

" My counter-strike will be disproportionate"
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Last edited by drakar; April 4th, 2014 at 18:52..
drakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2014, 19:12   #24
Knocturnal

If the events are restricted to 18+, which I believe to be still a young age, so if we consider 18 to be a respectable age of maturity, people follow rules. If for example I'm going 1v1 in a fire fight and I notice my opponent isn't reloading, well just like terminators or guys with excessive testosterone levels, you notify admins and they deal with such players. Cheating is cheating and if your willing to pull such a stunt you tarnish your Airsoft Canada reputation... I'll be honest, how many times have I heard trash talk about us Quebecers, honestly, I have yet to see one cheat at a game. However, my point stands, Milsims are meant to be realistic, if you want to compare a BB to a bullet, then consider this --- engagement distance, it remains the same, real life M4 = 30 round mag and an engagement range of 700m+/-... So what exactly are you trying to say when BB's can't be compared to bullets, engagement range = 100-200 feet, why shouldn't our mags be real cap? What makes real cap better? Everything... The simple fact that you don't shoot your way through situations, the way you need to be smart about when to cover; fire and time your reloads, it forces team work rather than lone wolfing, I can go on forever with why it's better... I read Milsim, thus expected real cap. Even though I know this event will be amazing, it will leave a taste of playing clearsoft. I spent thousands of dollars just to look authentic, and thousands on weapons, addons, and upgrades. What makes airsoft so much better than paintball is the "realistic" factor. Again, I know my team and I will have a blast, but I guess we're just new to playing without an ammo limit and real cap.
Knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2014, 19:16   #25
Knocturnal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack The Ripper View Post
How about this: if an 18 hour MILSIM event not running real cap loadouts bothers you, don't attend. Attend an event that does enforce one instead and save the time complaining and debating over trivial matters.
You miss the point, it wasn't a complaint, I'm saying this isn't a milsim. It's not a trivial matter and why would we skip such a renowned event just because of it not being real cap. I think you need to not take things personal, this was in no way an attack towards the event.
Old April 4th, 2014, 19:18   #26
hollywood...
cranky old man

what needs to happen is a GBBR only Milsim - it does not get any better than that!!
Old April 4th, 2014, 19:22   #27
Knocturnal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood... View Post
what needs to happen is a GBBR only Milsim - it does not get any better than that!!
+1 to that! I wish I had a GBBR, but I'm still going to wait until they work on all of the problems related to GBB and their lack of reliability.
Old April 4th, 2014, 19:25   #28
hollywood...
cranky old man

Gas is easier to work on than an AEG the only shitty factor is you really cannot play in the 5 deg C and under temperatures.

I got rid of all my AEG's - go gas or go home!!
Old April 4th, 2014, 20:18   #29
Derpystronk

From a 400 person perspective, enforcing a "Semi Auto Only, Full Auto LMG" rule is easier than pulling players off who you think seem to be reloading not as often as they should be.

That isn't the primary benefit though as the semi-auto restriction has a fringe perk of encouraging squad tactics - if you want to lay down effective suppression fire you need to place that LMG guy carefully and work as a squad effectively.

It has it's ups and downs. I was using a WE GBBR at Nightfall 2 with 150 rounds total, and at a game with no ammo limits I was still managing to kill a lot of players, taking positions, and flanking the enemy with effective squad tactics.

Let them carry as many BB's as they want - didn't stop me last year.
Old April 4th, 2014, 20:25   #30
QKLee11

Nightfall

I am one of the commanders for Force Recon Milsim. I have a past Military background. MILSIM in airsoft, has been been bitched about and discussed about countless time on this forum and has its own thread. I have left my opinions there...when it comes to MILSIM in Airsoft,I have yet to see any Operation or any game live up to the real aspects. Everyone has their own interpretations of what they "think MILSIM is".

I don't entirely agree with rules that are set in play for our game however that rule base is voted by the Team unless there is something Danny and I see that is unscroupolous in nature and we recommend it to be removed or we remove it. However we try to keep the rule base Team orientated because it is a Team planned Event

I agree 1 BB does not equal 1 live round. The airsoft weapons don't have the characteristics of real weapons...yeah 1 person has stated at 200 feet it may but I beg to differ because my 5.56 rnd will penetrate the piece of dry wall that you are using for cover that my BB will not penetrate. Personally I would like to see ammo rule but it is hard to enforce. Our game is the only game I have seen in Canada and United States that is highly staffed to remedy any problems out there. I have seen a very good player base across Canada come to this event, enjoy it with fair play. Other people have asked on using are rules or even changing them slightly for their use (there is nothing wrong with that)...hey that is what we did with the Operation Pine Plains rules and made them our own.

As far as MILSIM goes in our Game. What we are promoting is:

1) Putting you immediately in an adverse enviroment right away (Yeah your FOB's /CP are to close but were dealing with dimentions/limitations of the site)

2) THIS GAME PROMOTES SQUAD INTEGRITY, COHESION AND TEAM WORK.Your Squad works as a team which works with a Platoon...everyone in your Squad has a job to do .... I have noted better decision making from the Squad leaders on their FRAGO Missions how they tactically deploy their Squad by the use of Fire Teams or delegations of their SAW's (because their the only ones who can fire automatic) even the delegations of their Medics (it is great to observe and watch...)chain of command is respected...if your caught loan wolfing you will be stopped and question where your Squad is at and you will be enforced to go join your Squad.

3) Mutual use of Mortar/Artillary. Mutual use of Techinical vehicles. How to tactically deploy them to your adavantage whether on an offensive phase, defensive phase or withdrawl phase

4) Pay attention to detail on attacking and consolidating the objective...dominating your building by proof of changing the flag.

5) It is an 18 hour MILSM, yes 1 must pace themselves...but I have attended 24 and 30 hours Op's here in Canada and USA and I see the player base shit the bed and say "Oh its midnight, time to sleep"...we want ppl fighting through the night that is why we shortened the Op by 6 hours..."be in fighting shape" (yes one will "hit their wall" and know their limitation)...the high speed tempo is out there...this isn't an 8 hour game on closet cleaning...

Yeah I have attended 24 hour events or ran TRG events where hardly any ammunition was fired but the Aim accomplished and I had a good time with my Troops.

These points we try to deliver to you as a Team and many more. We played with these rules in United States and had great success with it. We introduced this to Canada and the "MILSIM"/"PLAYER" base who have attended like it.

If ppl have a problem with the MILSIM of Nightfall, you can sell your ticket, someone out there wants it. Better yet, produce a game that is better that is longer then 8 hours...is 18 to 30 hours and let me know. I will attend and check it out for sure.

We can't satisfy everyone. Kwokwaiwhere you been hiding, need to see you and Stuart (finally got a hold of the guy lol) out for TRG dates coming up...yes I remember you at OP Pines Plain reloading MAGS after multiple engagements lol...we had 2 solid Squads that year.

This is how I see it, you can take it for what it is worth but complaining about rule sets is not going to change the game. The After Action has been good from both games, we read it and try to improve on the short comings...that is all we can do. I am attending a couple games this year where I don't like the rule set but the MILSIM that is being produced by the game host will provide a different experience I am looking for...it is his rules, it his game dynamic...I got to make it the most out of the MILSIM to accomplish my Team Aims and my aim (I look at some games as TRG and developing our Leaders)...that is success for me in Airsoft MILSIM

Q

Last edited by QKLee11; April 7th, 2014 at 16:20..
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General