Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CA M15A4 Sportline Rails and Stocks

:

Accessories Discussion

Old December 1st, 2011, 13:16   #1
disasterarea

CA M15A4 Sportline Rails and Stocks

I'm thinking of modifying my new M15A4 from the old-style M4A1 with a round forearm and CAR sliding stock to something with a SIR/S-System forend and a Vltor or CTR stock. I've got two questions: I want to keep it front-wired, would this be possible with an SIR forend, and two, how in god's name does this thing disassemble? AEG external work isn't new to me, but this thing is just weird. There don't seem to be any assembly screws in the stock, and the front sight/front ring assembly are held together with some kind of hollow pins. How exactly are you meant to remove these? I think doing it with a punch as I'd normally do would damage them.
disasterarea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2011, 13:20   #2
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

Some SIR rails or CASV rails will hold a mini battery, or you could always have your battery in a dummy PEQ box.

Are you sure there's no screw inside the buffer tube? There should be. And the pins in the front sight do have to come out or the front sight will not move. There may or may not also be a grub screw underneath the sight, but you may have to get the pins out first.
Old December 1st, 2011, 13:31   #3
disasterarea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Some SIR rails or CASV rails will hold a mini battery, or you could always have your battery in a dummy PEQ box.

Are you sure there's no screw inside the buffer tube? There should be. And the pins in the front sight do have to come out or the front sight will not move. There may or may not also be a grub screw underneath the sight, but you may have to get the pins out first.
Yeah, the grub screw I'm used to. The pins just look flimsy as all hell is the problem. As for the buffer screw, where should I be looking? It's not at the back as far as I can tell, there's just a little hole.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 20:01   #4
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

There's a screw inside the buffer tube that you need to remove with a long screwdriver. Is this the issue, or can you not get the cap off the back of the buffer tube?
Old December 2nd, 2011, 21:11   #5
disasterarea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
There's a screw inside the buffer tube that you need to remove with a long screwdriver. Is this the issue, or can you not get the cap off the back of the buffer tube?
Ha, okay, I didn't think of trying to get the cap off. Will give that a go tomorrow.
Old December 4th, 2011, 19:35   #6
disasterarea

One last thing: putting on a SIR/CASV rail would necessitate the removal of the one already on the upper flattop, right? It'd go screwed in to the mount points on the flattop?
Old December 8th, 2011, 23:46   #7
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

Negative, the CASV/SIR system mounts on top of the rail that's already on the top of the receiver.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion