Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Requesting Help With ICS L85A2

:

Doctor's Corner

Old September 11th, 2017, 16:06   #1
Ourindar

Requesting Help With ICS L85A2

Hey folks,

I recently got a used L85A2, it shot fine when I got it.
Today, I decided to change the position of the pin that lets you adjust the FPS. It shot fine afterwards but I had a hard time getting it back together.
After failing at getting it back together for a while, I took the gearbox out again, reinserted it, and now the gun won't shoot at all.
I recharged the LiPo it's connected to, but it doesn't seem to be making electrical contact. No sound of gears moving/being stuck or a motor running. Only the click of the trigger.
Of note, there are two little electrical contacts in the upper. I thought I remembered them being flush with one another (I might be misremembering), but one is out of its housing now. It's under spring tension.
Super disappointed, would love some help. It's a beautiful gun, and I hate not having stuff that works.

Thanks in advance.
Ourindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2017, 19:54   #2
venture

The body of your gun is steel and the motor contacts can come in contact with the steel body and ground out, causing it not to function. Place a bit of tape over your motor connectors and see if that helps.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 19:33   #3
Ourindar

Thanks for your reply.
I've put electrical tape over the motor terminals and replaced the fuse for good measure.
Measuring across the trigger contacts (with the lower off) with a multimeter, I get about 12.5V, so the fuse and battery are good.
I've attached a picture of the trigger contacts on the upper - are they supposed to be like that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0326.jpg (565.7 KB, 17 views)
Old September 15th, 2017, 23:16   #4
gman1211

It's not. Send some better photos showing the whole upper trigger unit.
gman1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 17:26   #5
Ourindar

Thanks for your reply.
Here are some (hopefully) more helpful pictures of the unit. Like I said, I remember them both being flush with one another.

https://imgur.com/a/70bl9
Old September 16th, 2017, 23:59   #6
gman1211

Check to make sure the left tab that's sitting up higher isn't caught on something or missing a spring. Each of those tabs usually pushes down to connect with the lower trigger assembly. Also they have a spade connector that occasionally wobbles loose, check to make sure they are connected properly.
Old September 17th, 2017, 16:30   #7
Ourindar

Thanks a bunch.
I pulled the trigger contact down and the gun worked... sorta.
It made a really loud, strange noise and smelled like something was burning. When I went to pull the motor contacts to check everything was connected right, one of the wire contacts snapped off. So now I have a solder job on my hands, at best.
Any idea what that might've been?
Old September 18th, 2017, 12:46   #8
gman1211

Where was the wire snapped? Also what did this noise sound like? Try to be descriptive, it's hard to diagnose electrical problems without having eyes on.
Old September 19th, 2017, 11:18   #9
Ourindar

The part of the wire that snapped was the connector to the motor terminal on the positive end. I don't think that had anything to do with the noise. Just a weak connection to resolder.
The noise was like a high-pitched whine. Was definitely the motor but with extra noise coming from elsewhere.

At this point the problems just keep multiplying and I won't have time to solder any time soon, so I'll probably just have to wait until I get a chance to make the 4-hour trek to my most local tech and throw some money at the issues.
Regardless, I very much appreciate all the help you've given. If it had only been the trigger contacts we would have been great right now. So thanks a lot!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner