Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TRI PRC-152 Batteries - How long they lasting?

:

Gear Discussion

Old July 10th, 2014, 09:02   #1
Jbone 11 11

TRI PRC-152 Batteries - How long they lasting?

So Im considering dropping a wad on one of those PRC-152 rigs. Yeah yeah....I know $$$$ for something a $$ pux will do. That's not an issue for me...I have the pux..its fine. But I have the cash and happen to think these things are pimp as hell....moving on.

Im curious what type of life one can expect from the battery. I know with my pux I was getting 12-ish hours...maybe more of heavy use as one of the for NF3. I think I had to swap out batteries around 4am....cant remember exactly...

The team is playing mainly long hr milsims so I need to know if Im going to need an extra battery for this thing....specially if I get tasked to run dual comms.

Anyway..I know a few of you have one of these things on here...hoping one of you can enlighten me.
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 10:08   #2
EagleDriver

The battery has 3 times the capacity of the Puxing and will last you a whole weekend easily. Note that (at least on the one I got) I cannot program channels to use with a repeater. It will not save the repeater offset to a channel number. I can only use it in VFO mode with offset.
EagleDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 11:12   #3
jakster

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how to program the damn thing :-)
jakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 11:49   #4
Jbone 11 11

Hold down the "up" button on the side above the PTT button while it is off....hold it and then turn on. This should get you into channel mode much the same as with the Pux radios.
From there it is a matter of entering the channels manually....at least this is what I understand.
That said, I just found the Tri Industries rep on Facebook. Jonathan Russell....he's outof QC. Super nice guy. Im sure he can help out. I did ask him about the battery life and he wasn't sure yet as he's not done a thorough test but that they have held a charge over a six month period. On other forums I have heard that the battery lasts quite long as well. Just wanted to see if that was the same here.
Old July 10th, 2014, 11:51   #5
Jbone 11 11

Also...there is a group on facebook for the radios: TRI-HARRIS radio

Not sure if its invite only...if it is...Contact Jonathan and he will add you.
Old July 10th, 2014, 12:12   #6
EagleDriver

Maybe some day there will be a programming adapter and programming software available.
Old July 10th, 2014, 12:20   #7
Jbone 11 11

I've heard mention of a programing cable on other forums. Nothing recent though.
FYI - the rep above operates out of the Camarmo shop (which itself operates out of the Pont Rouge Surplus shop) in Q-city. None instock at the mo...but I've been told its usually a month turn around...likely less if ordered direct from the rep.

Might want to get in touch...he'd be the one to tell you if there's going to be a programing cable or software. But really....if you can manually prog a pux...it should be no different....says the guy who dosent have one.... :P
Old July 10th, 2014, 12:28   #8
EagleDriver

I know how to program the radio, but frequencies here change with each game.

I also see that the PRC-117 will be out some time in August! Pre-order already filled up!
Old July 10th, 2014, 12:47   #9
Jbone 11 11

GA-WAH??! Do tell....when and where?

But in regard to the prc-152....if you haven't seen these vids, they might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7wM...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whGU46g0ng8

EDIT: found some info on the 117. Man those HK guys are little electro wizards! LOL! As cool as that is...its a bit big for my tastes. Here in Canada at any rate, there'd really be no benefit (same can be said of the 152 I guess) as there'd be no "legal" increase in range capabilities....above a certain threshold, you get into needing an operators license and CRTC does not have a sense of humor.....believe me...been down that road LOL!

Last edited by Jbone 11 11; July 10th, 2014 at 12:50..
Old July 10th, 2014, 13:04   #10
xav1982

I received my prc from Jo Russell couple weeks ago. And Jo took the Time to program it on the frs Channel and do a range test before handing it out to his customer ( things that you dont get from other retailers for the same price ). He have is radio licence and he is providing good customer service by his Facebook group
xav1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 14:59   #11
Jbone 11 11

+100! Thats Awesome....refreshing to see good service still exists

@xav1982: merci de me donner les coordonnées de jo! - He's been great to deal with so far!

Last edited by Jbone 11 11; July 10th, 2014 at 15:01..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion