Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Mags from overseas?

:

General

Old August 27th, 2005, 17:14   #1
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Mags from overseas?

Is it ok to buy magazines from overseas from a respectable airsoft retailer such as redwolf? Or will it get seized. I plan to buy 10 pack of Star MP5 std 30rnd mags.
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2005, 17:24   #2
Chrios

some do, some don't. its up do whether or not you wanna gamble your money. there are retailers in canada who sell the star mag packs, and its more or less guaranteed. is the assurance worth it to you?
Chrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2005, 19:37   #3
Gryphon

I think it depends on the magazine. If it looks obviously like a magazine for an airgun and can't hold real ammunition (or more importantly, be converted to do so) I don't think it'll be a problem. The real cap Star mags probably fit that description, but like with most things airsoft you rolls your dice and takes your chances.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2005, 19:59   #4
SlipStream

Send a message via MSN to SlipStream
getting those mags should be fine just dont get the AEG mags with the fake bullets inside
SlipStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2005, 09:05   #5
Greylocks

We keep on telling you to buy from Canadian Retailers, why dont you save yourself some grief and risk and just do that?
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2005, 07:59   #6
yanhchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
We keep on telling you to buy from Canadian Retailers, why dont you save yourself some grief and risk and just do that?
Go to every site on the list and look for the mags i described and tell me if you could find one that sells Star MP5 30rnd mags 10 pack. None so stop trolling me on not buying something that isn't available in canada. Understand? geez...i contaced some of the sites asking if they will have any in stock any time soon. Hoping for a reply soon tho. Sorry bout being a jerk by calling you a troll i'm just pissed at not finding any in canada when there is an abundence everywhere else....oh well...if i don't find some in the next3 days i'll just buy a TM hi cap
Old August 29th, 2005, 09:28   #7
Kid

check with Ken at 007Airsoft, they are not instock, but he does carry them and I'm sure he would order them in for you ($100)
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2005, 10:43   #8
yanhchan

I emailed him already still waiting for reply. Thanks
Old August 29th, 2005, 11:57   #9
SlipStream

Send a message via MSN to SlipStream
try asking illusion if he could order one for you when he makes his next WGC order, might be cheaper than ordering it yurself
SlipStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2005, 13:05   #10
Honza

Send a message via ICQ to Honza
www.wgc.com and redwolf is cheapest shop to gun acessories in europe, we buy 2 pack of acessories for republic in the year
Honza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2005, 18:10   #11
Greylocks

Honza, we CANT get most stuff from asia. It gets seized at our border and destroyed.

Yanhchan, if they dont have them in stock, geeze, email them and ask! I know Tru, the guy who owns the forum, brought some into Canada before. He's not alone as folks just told you.

Be patient, make some effort. At least listen to advice when the point of that advice is to help you NOT lose money. If the Retailers dont answer you the same day, wait.

If you really want to lose your money, be my guest. Since you continue to refuse help and advice, you probably wont get any for much longer.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2005, 18:41   #12
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
Honza, we CANT get most stuff from asia. It gets seized at our border and destroyed.
Most? Actually Grey you can get a lot of things through customs without trouble. On one of my last shipments from Guns'n'Guys was opened up by customs, and the shipment contained ...

- M60 Metal Feedtray Covers x 2
- M60 1J Springs x 2
- King Arms Gas Grenades x 3

Canada Customs incorrectly labelled these items as gun parts but whatever, I still got everything. The only items that I would not order myself are full guns, receivers. I'd probably not take a chance on a silencer either. Just because something is for airsoft does not mean it automatically gets seized.

NOOB
When ordering from HK the shipping can be a little expensive so just be sure to keep that in mind when placing an order and make it worth your while.
Old August 29th, 2005, 19:02   #13
bravo86

Send a message via AIM to bravo86 Send a message via MSN to bravo86
i ordered to mk23 mags from uncompany.com

ive e-mailed them prior to that and they said they have had no problems shipping mags to Canada (From Hong Kong)
bravo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2005, 20:18   #14
[Avtomat]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo86
i ordered to mk23 mags from uncompany.com

ive e-mailed them prior to that and they said they have had no problems shipping mags to Canada (From Hong Kong)
They can tell you a whole can could ship to Canada no problem. They would say anything to get your business
WE hi-capa 5.1 striker - gone
TM Ak47 - gone
Western Arms Inifnity 3.9 - gone

Get your answers here!
Answers: $5
Good Answers: $10
Correct Answers: $20
Well-researched Answers complete with reference: $150/hr plus materials
[Avtomat] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2005, 20:19   #15
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
If you have a cerdit card, order from WGC (the order from there actually came in a few days before the order placed with CP Gear in New Brunswick, even through both were finalized within a day of each other), mags and whatever. As far as I know, gun bodies and full guns are highly questionable, but our team "logistics guy" buys mags, upgrades and such for us every few months from WGC and no hassles at all. Fast & easy service, and what I heard from a customs guy today, they tend to pass through packages from Asia because they are trustworthy countries, contents list always is correct, yet packages from Jamaica and such are targeted for inspection........ (Officer's way around the 'racial profiling' that seems to be necessary yet illegal (politically incorrect) that is causing this country to fall to it's knees rapidly).

Like has been stated above, if you can get it in Canada from a retailers, you might get it cheaper, but if you do the math and CAN get it cheaper from over there, go for it. Maybe Canadian Retailers prices might come down some for certain items.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General