Ares Airsoft sits up and pays attention

:

General

Old March 10th, 2012, 08:52   #16
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
front end of my friend's PTS ACR's gearbox (made by Ares) is cracked to shit. what are his chances of getting a replacement shell? and i do specifically mean just the shell.. the rest of the internals are garbage.
for now i hope JB weld will be strong enough to hold it together.. anyone who does have the Ares made ACR, be warned! the front of the gearbox is weak sauce, and should be reinforced with JB weld BEFORE it breaks.
Dynamo, is it a version 2 gearbox with a quick change spring guide? Karnage actually pointed out to me that he has an ACM gearbox (full and just the shell from what i remember) that look like they're either direct clones of the Ares or are the actual OEM for them.

http://torontoairsoft.com/product.php?id_product=1461

Uses the micro switch trigger, quick change spring and everything if the gearbox is the one i'm thinking of.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2012, 12:27   #17
Danke

Well I've sent an email off too for parts for an AEG; it's been 12 months with no parts.

Z-Shot no dice, could not get parts.

CUI Airsoft has not replied to email.

bujitjit if you talk to the distributor regularly you can remind them that posting their email contact on their site means the courtesy of a reply should be extended. If they have an unreliable server etc.then a phone number to contact them would be a good idea.
Old March 10th, 2012, 12:53   #18
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
Dynamo, is it a version 2 gearbox with a quick change spring guide? Karnage actually pointed out to me that he has an ACM gearbox (full and just the shell from what i remember) that look like they're either direct clones of the Ares or are the actual OEM for them.

http://torontoairsoft.com/product.php?id_product=1461

Uses the micro switch trigger, quick change spring and everything if the gearbox is the one i'm thinking of.
the gearbox Ares put in the PTS ACR is proprietary. it's like a V2/V3 hybrid.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2012, 15:41   #19
Ratters

Absolutely I support new vendors, retailers, suppliers to advertise here. There are so many manufacturers overseas just waiting to move their products into north America and at competative prices and quality items.

In this day and age it seem ridiculous that parts are "not available" when we all know too well that a lot of them are by doing an internet search. (unless of course it's out of production items) duh!

What's more frustrating are dealing with the retailers who leave a bad taste in the consumers mouth about following up on product requests and never get back.

For me living in vancouver i pray for sun. The last thing i want is waiting forever and a day to hear back from trying to obtain parts, which at times can kill off a big chunk of the season.

I say welcome new items and vendors, let manufacturers advertise here, open it up so this sport can grow and be affordable to everyone. Open up indoor play areas that operate during the week, not limited to weekend warrior games only. There are people who can make this happen. Grow it please, don't restrict it and whatever you do don't create dissention by choking out the flow of great products from people who are reaching ouit to us, the airsoft community.

Another point on my mind worth mentioning is having a structured approach to welcoming new players. Experianced players should at times take newbies under their wings to direct them in utilizing the "buddy" system. keep them close, keep 'em tight, keep 'em alive! don't push em all down to the other end and obliterate them. This is (in my opinion) not welcoming and counter productive to growing the sport.

I've read testimony of experianced players having a go at green apples just to "warm up"
resulting in the apples feeling very unenthusiastic about returning. I believe this should stop unless it's a "team" on Team game, even still, new recruits are dumped in the shit in real life, do it here please. If i'm talking out my ass, i appologize, get upwind already.

Best regards,

Jason
Old March 10th, 2012, 23:20   #20
bujitjit

Swattiger, you heard the same story too...

which means its true and we should put it up and let everyone knows....!!

on top of the Ares Distributor, there was also a fellow dealer in the GTA that go rejected for the above reason too....!!
bujitjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2012, 11:24   #21
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratters View Post
Absolutely I support new vendors, retailers, suppliers to advertise here. There are so many manufacturers overseas just waiting to move their products into north America and at competative prices and quality items.

In this day and age it seem ridiculous that parts are "not available" when we all know too well that a lot of them are by doing an internet search. (unless of course it's out of production items) duh!

What's more frustrating are dealing with the retailers who leave a bad taste in the consumers mouth about following up on product requests and never get back.

For me living in vancouver i pray for sun. The last thing i want is waiting forever and a day to hear back from trying to obtain parts, which at times can kill off a big chunk of the season.

I say welcome new items and vendors, let manufacturers advertise here, open it up so this sport can grow and be affordable to everyone. Open up indoor play areas that operate during the week, not limited to weekend warrior games only. There are people who can make this happen. Grow it please, don't restrict it and whatever you do don't create dissention by choking out the flow of great products from people who are reaching ouit to us, the airsoft community.

Another point on my mind worth mentioning is having a structured approach to welcoming new players. Experianced players should at times take newbies under their wings to direct them in utilizing the "buddy" system. keep them close, keep 'em tight, keep 'em alive! don't push em all down to the other end and obliterate them. This is (in my opinion) not welcoming and counter productive to growing the sport.

I've read testimony of experianced players having a go at green apples just to "warm up"
resulting in the apples feeling very unenthusiastic about returning. I believe this should stop unless it's a "team" on Team game, even still, new recruits are dumped in the shit in real life, do it here please. If i'm talking out my ass, i appologize, get upwind already.

Best regards,

Jason
More vendors the better, eventually like any other sport with a huge influx of vendors a few will stand out and the rest will die off. Airsoft is going through another growth spurts but this time with the age of internet and other factors, this growth spurts came with lots of issues. As far as a structured welcoming approach for new players, here in Toronto Brian M at TTAC3 have done a great job so far, unfortunately in GTA we have a rather large amount of individuals who have proven themselves as a threat/danger to our hobby. Personally myself and a few others that have been playing since 89 we prefer the good ol fashion "here is the gun, this is how we play approach" I much prefer to help those with whatever he or she needs on the field than over the internet.

Ares is a young company producing a relatively good product and as such with a growing company they will have issues like many others before them (SYSTEMA, King Arms, Classic Army, G&P) unfortunately in the age of internet these growth issues tend to multiply faster than the resolution. As far as getting more retailer approved, well this is a privately owned forum run by volunteers and as far as I am concerned Bean is doing a fine job weeding out the shitty ones and letting the good ones on.

The only solution is be give it time, nothing is resolved overnight.

Last edited by wildcard; March 11th, 2012 at 21:37..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2012, 19:51   #22
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
Quote:
Originally Posted by bujitjit View Post
To all of the Ares's lover above,

I'm one of the dealers that deals with the Ares distributor in Canada, and they have listened to the customer and trying to change as much as they can.

From what I heard from the local distributor in Canada, they have contacted the ASC and trying to open up an account to help all the ASC members locate their parts with ease.

At first, Ryan told them they can open up account, then later on when everything is ready and the owner of Ares Canada ready to pay and stuff, Ryan told them no, because of some stupid reason I would say!

But as a dealer, from all the story I heard from other distributors, and put every piece together, ASC are just playing games! they don't want to open up account for dealers that are in GTA, because some GTA dealers are threaten them if they let more guys from the GTA hopping on, they will withdraw their ads!

If anyone is clever enough and figure it out, NONE of the newer advertisement are from GTA....!!

This is all BULLS, when you said you trying to help out the ASC community by bringing in benefits from different directions, WHY block some dealers that willing and able to offer such service?

If anyone interested to find out more, I might ask the distributor to pass the email on to me, so I can post it up here.

For all the Ares Lover, there are people that willing to help here, but is being block by a stupide reason from ASC

And for all the Ares hater, there are people that could make your experience better, but ASC wouldn't like to help out!

And for all the mods, or owner of this forum, PLEASE do look into this problem, this is totally BULLS.....!!!
You sir need to stop drinking the koolaid and fuck right off. I denied one GTA retailer. Because they had sketchy feedback. I removed another ontario retailer because I got a ton of complaints about them. I have the right to deny and approve whomever the hell I want. In fact this was brought to my attention as I was emailing Victor from Ares Canada back. I said the first time for him to get age verified. He did then I asked him why I got emails from people saying he didnt reply back to them.

Anyways Ares Canada will have a retailer account and you sir will likely get a week vacation from this site depending on how I feel later in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattiger View Post
Hopefully we could take a more opened attitude towards new retailer who wants to advertise here, so members could have more choice.

I have been buying from a local retailer at prices similar to those who are having big sale here now for a while. And this retailer's application to advertise here was rejected, the reason was "this new retailer would not bring any benefit to the community".
Who might that be? All of these rumors make me laugh. I think people should take a second and look at how many new retailers there are on here now since I got the job. 5 retailers who are all solid people. I just sent out another batch of emails and have I believe 3 or more retailers coming on board in the near future.

Last month after giving Revolution Airsoft retailer powers you people made me quit I hung up my hat and said I am not doing this anymore. You bit the hand that feeds you. So during that time I only answered emails from retailers who had account problems. I sorted them out quick and efficiently. So to the few of you who love to point fingers I point one back at you. What the fuck have you done for airsoft since you started? Cus I guarantee I have done a ton more for this sport then you will ever accomplish. Now I say that as a challenge prove me wrong and do good for the sport instead of being an armchair quaterback.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 01:12   #23
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
You sir need to stop drinking the koolaid and fuck right off. I denied one GTA retailer. Because they had sketchy feedback. I removed another ontario retailer because I got a ton of complaints about them. I have the right to deny and approve whomever the hell I want. In fact this was brought to my attention as I was emailing Victor from Ares Canada back. I said the first time for him to get age verified. He did then I asked him why I got emails from people saying he didnt reply back to them.

Anyways Ares Canada will have a retailer account and you sir will likely get a week vacation from this site depending on how I feel later in the day.

Who might that be? All of these rumors make me laugh. I think people should take a second and look at how many new retailers there are on here now since I got the job. 5 retailers who are all solid people. I just sent out another batch of emails and have I believe 3 or more retailers coming on board in the near future.

Last month after giving Revolution Airsoft retailer powers you people made me quit I hung up my hat and said I am not doing this anymore. You bit the hand that feeds you. So during that time I only answered emails from retailers who had account problems. I sorted them out quick and efficiently. So to the few of you who love to point fingers I point one back at you. What the fuck have you done for airsoft since you started? Cus I guarantee I have done a ton more for this sport then you will ever accomplish. Now I say that as a challenge prove me wrong and do good for the sport instead of being an armchair quaterback.
The local retailer is located on the 2nd floor in Pacific Mall, Markham.

Re: the work ASC staff has done, it is 100% appreciated without any doubt.
Re: the work as an average air softer I/we do is to share information and make suggestions through the ASC forum and other channels, so as to make this meaningful activity keeps going.

Kindly do not take it in an emotional manner and put some unrespectful labels on others.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 06:16   #24
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
Let me guess Chi Gun? They had a shitty reputation I told them so. I am not one to sugar coat things it's not my style. I will say it how it is. I was actually perfectly calm writing that post I am just a bit of a dick.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 11:49   #25
Danke

I appreciate the effort to give retailers here a smell test before they gain access to this site.

As I recall during the initial push the number of folks let on was very limited. Since Bean has taken over the taps haven't been turned wide open but the tempo has increased.
Old March 12th, 2012, 12:58   #26
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
Let me guess Chi Gun? They had a shitty reputation I told them so. I am not one to sugar coat things it's not my style. I will say it how it is. I was actually perfectly calm writing that post I am just a bit of a dick.
Different customers have different experience. I am a demanding buyer as airsoft is not a cheap hobby, and also won't sugar coat things.

My experience with this shop:

Pros:

Have a phsyical store opened 7 days a week with fixed business hours. I can pop in anytime. This ensure I can always go back if anything gone wrong with the item I purchased.

Can touch and feel the airsoft guns before purchase. This is important as I game what I buy, and can rule out some hidden surprise.

Take special orders and quick delivery if the Canadian importer has it in stock.

Price is good with choice of payment methods. This has minimized my hard feeling about the recent drop in airsoft guns price, as my loss is not that great when compared to buying from some other retailers.

Staff are friendly.

Cons

Limited variety. In stock items are also limited when compared to other retailers e.g. torontoairsoft.

Small shop and a bit crowded during weekends.

Also sell other toys, so not focus on airsoft alone. I do not count on them too much for upgrades and repair.

Last edited by Swattiger; March 13th, 2012 at 18:07..
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 13:05   #27
bujitjit

Hey Bean, I'm really sorry about my mis-understanding, but at least you clear all the rumors up here now.

Also it's a good news for us as ARES is hoping on board, because hunting down their parts are quite a pain before for us as a dealer, let alone the customer.

Now it should be a better experience for everyone.
bujitjit is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General