Grenade launchers

:

General

Old April 4th, 2012, 20:51   #46
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdude View Post
Who said anything about having it pressurized?
How are you going to get a hot 40mm shell, if it's not primed ready to go with pressurized CO2??

OP - a full pressured 900psi XM204 nades will shoot roughly around 380-390fps w/.20, this was done with a RS Chrony outdoors during mid morning at the temperature about 28C
@ 900psi is very doable but not recommended as it can damage or even blown out your Oring seals please keep a safe MED and DO NOT leave your primed nades out in the sun
On colder temp like below 22C the highest I ever reached was 348-355 fps w/.20 the outside temperature does affect the high pressure nades performance, especially when your CO2 bottle is cold, in fact I did the most damage to my retainer oring at temperature below 22C running a pressure above 700psi

Last edited by wildcard; April 4th, 2012 at 21:04..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 20:55   #47
Tankdude

Some miscommunication here.

Ship each launcher with one high power 40mm that would be capable of reaching the 366 limit. Provide instructions on what pressure to load to.

Done.
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 21:10   #48
wildcard

Quote:

Ship each launcher with one high power 40mm that would be capable of reaching the 366 limit. Provide instructions on what pressure to load to.

Done.
Well in that case, better hope the CBSA agent that gets to inspect it have a CO2 charger and the proper gas. From experience dealing with them you'll be lucky if the nades are still functional after testing. My very expensive (at the time) WA GBB hand gun came in to my shop with a cracked slide and a magazine that no longer hold gas even though the gun came in with instruction on which gas to use.
Old April 4th, 2012, 21:23   #49
coach
aka coachster

Quote:

Done.
good luck with that. just because they are suppose to be able to read English, does not mean they have any clue how to follow instructions. Especially when they are always right and know better how to test our stuff.

in short, won't happen!
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 22:58   #50
Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
@ 900psi is very doable but not recommended as it can damage or even blown out your Oring seals please keep a safe MED and DO NOT leave your primed nades out in the sun
or your co2 tank
Old April 5th, 2012, 13:20   #51
Lorden

Send a message via MSN to Lorden
Exclamation

So to recap, the CAW 6-shot revolver launcher cannot fit the 204s, so should use cherries and requires spring upgrades to properly handle CO2?
Old April 5th, 2012, 13:33   #52
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorden View Post
So to recap, the CAW 6-shot revolver launcher cannot fit the 204s, so should use cherries and requires spring upgrades to properly handle CO2?
yes, get the 108's. just as powerful but half the BB's. not a huge issue but your opfor will hate you a little less.

the caw will be fine on CO2 but expect to source the springs when they go down. I don't think Duckman has changed his springs out yet. Wildcard is an awful lot harder on his weapons and shoots them way more often than Duckman.
Old April 5th, 2012, 13:51   #53
wildcard

Quote:
The CAW revolver is byfar the best ones unfortunately with constant use you will eventually need to replace the springs and firing pin, I've change all the internals to steel and spring you can pilfer the enhanced G&P GBBR spring kit the rest can either be custom milled or made. With the enhancement installed you can do rapid fire on your CO2 shells without damaging the firing mechanism, I've fired my 108 at full 800psi with no issue of trigger spring snapping or firing pin/striker breaking

Last edited by wildcard; April 5th, 2012 at 13:53..
Old April 5th, 2012, 14:14   #54
Duckman

Quote:
another thing to remember, should you actually get your hands on one (ooooold launcher), is to keep in mind to always wear your eye pro and angle the cylinder well away from you or anyone around you when loading primed rounds. ESPECIALLY if you want to charge beyond 800psi. this is a good launcher practice anyways regardless of pressure but they can get a bit twitchy above 800. believe me when i say it's kinda scary to have a 40mm mortar in the case of a revolver launcher or an accidental discharge in a more conventional 203 styled launcher. i'm being pretty conservative with the twitchy psi number because they're very stable up to and including 800.

Last edited by Duckman; April 5th, 2012 at 14:19..
Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2012, 13:52   #55
Lorden

Send a message via MSN to Lorden
Oh that's definitaly a good warning, I'd put something up about putting a barrel sleeve on for good measure in safe areas but that won't protect against accidental discharge of the other 5 shells :/
Old April 6th, 2012, 14:43   #56
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Oh that's definitaly a good warning, I'd put something up about putting a barrel sleeve on for good measure in safe areas but that won't protect against accidental discharge of the other 5 shells :/
A barrel condom will do nothing anyway. The other 5 are somewhat contained if they were to go off.
Old April 6th, 2012, 14:46   #57
Grizzly0679

Very cool. M16/M203 is my favorite weapon. I always go M203 with my squad in FPS games. It seems pretty expensive to have any sort of fun with it in airsoft, but if you have the coin I know I'd sure appreciate being on your team!

Actually what got me looking to buy an airsoft rifle was seeing a post of a M16/M203. I was like, "whoa...they make that? And you can play with it?"

After that I went on a rampage trying to put together a setup but the poster who said it gets close to 1000$ is right. I decide to wait on the M203 and just get a basic rifle and gear because no matter what you take to the field, this game looks hella fun.
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 00:07   #58
SargentDirtNapps

Cool Looking to set up an ag36

Im looking to put an S&T ag 36 from Toronto airsoft on my g36. I wana run Co2 for obvious reasons. Would that be suitable? What kind of showers should I run? where can I get a charger? I need help to get this right the first time.
SargentDirtNapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 00:50   #59
OM3GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargentDirtNapps View Post
Im looking to put an S&T ag 36 from Toronto airsoft on my g36. I wana run Co2 for obvious reasons. Would that be suitable? What kind of showers should I run? where can I get a charger? I need help to get this right the first time.
You can get everything from airsoft parts. Madbull makes a ton of 40mm shells and they are pretty much the best you can get. As for what shower to get, it is up to you on how much you want to spend and how many bbs you want to launch at your enemies.

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...ndex&cPath=137

They have the charger too, it takes the normal 12 gram co2 cartridges you can get pretty much anywhere.

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=458

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:29   #60
SargentDirtNapps

Any specific shells for co2 or are all madbull suitable?
SargentDirtNapps is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General