Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Wouxun KG-UV1P

:

General

Old April 12th, 2013, 15:56   #1
zone 69

Wouxun KG-UV1P

Has anyone tried to unlock there Wouxun radio's.?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 036.jpg (62.2 KB, 50 views)
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 19:27   #2
medhatboy
formerly Swatt Five-Six

haven't tried, I'm just fine with the 134-174 and 420-520 range seeing as I've picked up the local RCMP in the 138 band
medhatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 20:40   #3
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

You shouldn't have to. We picked up fire/police channels out of the box, even an ERT bust.
Old April 13th, 2013, 05:12   #4
zone 69

Would you not want to receive in the full frequency spectrum.?

I don't want to transmit beyond the radio's capability but I like to open it's full capabilities on the receive side.

VHF very high frequency 30MHz to 300MHz
UHF ultrahigh frequency 300MHz to 3000MHz
Old April 13th, 2013, 15:38   #5
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

If the radio does not have the circuitry to receive on the other freqs then it will not.

Seeing as these were built with the intent to sell for profit, I doubt that they spent the extra money on capabilities that they did not want to sell.

The VHF and UHF Bands are VERY big, most of the bands are licensed and forbidden to transmit on. Selling a radio that can use freqs that people will never legally transmit on would be a waste of money to the seller and the consumer. The 4W radios we all have technically should not make it into the country.

If you want to listen to everything your best bet would be to get a proper scanner, Uniden makes some great ones.

For local pd/fd/amateur/business freqs you can check out http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?coid=2

That site also has live streams.

Last edited by Cobrajr122; April 13th, 2013 at 15:41..
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 16:28   #6
zone 69

Oh OK, Thank you, Im just getting to know about radio's.

I see that I can unlock the radio to 350-470 the radio come's set at 400-470.

Last edited by zone 69; April 13th, 2013 at 16:33..
Old April 13th, 2013, 20:32   #7
EagleDriver

The Wouxun will unlock for a wide range of VHF and UHF frequencies (not 0 to 999--even though you can set it to that), but it seems that they are tuned for the factory set frequencies. When I unlocked mine, I would get strong receive and weak transmit or vice versa the farther I got from the factory programmed range.

Note that if you use the KG-UV Commander software, and try to program a frequency outside of your factory set range, it will prompt you to see if you want to expand your frequency range to include that frequency.

Last edited by EagleDriver; April 13th, 2013 at 20:35..
EagleDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 21:37   #8
zone 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleDriver View Post
The Wouxun will unlock for a wide range of VHF and UHF frequencies (not 0 to 999--even though you can set it to that), but it seems that they are tuned for the factory set frequencies. When I unlocked mine, I would get strong receive and weak transmit or vice versa the farther I got from the factory programmed range.

Note that if you use the KG-UV Commander software, and try to program a frequency outside of your factory set range, it will prompt you to see if you want to expand your frequency range to include that frequency.
Im going to leave the transmit set at factory setting's but I like to expand the receive side would you so kind in telling me how far it can be expanded with out getting to far out of band before it become's to weak to receive. You can say Im looking for the outer limits of the band.

I have the Commander software as well as the factory software and the unlock program but yet to try it until I learn a little more about expanding the receive side of the unit.

But I been reading it will go down so far to pick up airports in 122 VHF

I think it's 15 over/under for VHF and 50 over/under for UHF out of band for receiving.

Last edited by zone 69; April 15th, 2013 at 15:56..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General