Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Help with back setup for my vest

:

Gear Discussion

Old April 28th, 2014, 10:18   #1
ecnerual

Help with back setup for my vest

Hi,

So I bought a Mayflower APC in small/medium and im questionning my self on what i'ill put on the back.

It must be abble to take a 100oz bladders and take mags/thundersB (eazy to access for a teamate) and some places to put some stuff !

http://ferroconcepts.com/products/fc...ult-back-panel

Sadly they say it only take 1-2 L bladders
and its kinda expensive for me atm !

Do I have an other solution ?

Thank you and sorry for my english I know its not perfect
ecnerual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2014, 10:48   #2
redzaku

you want something that attaches via molle then and also have molle webbing on the carrier
http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore....rigsystem.aspx
for a cheaper alternative
http://www.condoroutdoor.com/Condor-HC3-008.aspx
then you can add this
http://int.511tactical.com/All-Produ...ang-Pouch.html
or how ever you so choose
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2014, 10:53   #3
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

unless you are freezing it for an icepack on your back, 3L is a bit of overkill. I've had 2L bladders and after my first year went down in size to save on weight. I carry a 1L bladder now and most of the time it's only half filled.

I refill it when I need to during reloads at base.

2.2 pounds every liter of water you take, I'd prefer not to carry an extra 4-5 pounds if I don't need to.
Old April 29th, 2014, 11:54   #4
DEATH2000

Ill agree with Lurking. Its like carrying around a 2L +1L bottle around on your back. That will probably get pretty tiring pretty quick. I would stick with a 1L or 1.5L bladder personally.
Old April 29th, 2014, 12:32   #5
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

No disagreement with the previous posters, but if you're playing games longer than a couple of hours (especially if you don't have access to your vehicle as per game rules, or are hung over), you'll really wish you had that extra liter of water when it's not there.

I have one of those cheaper Condor carriers in the 3L variety, and a nicer bladder from MEC inside. If I want less water/ weight I just don't fill it as much.
If you'd like to even out the feel of greater weight on your back overall, do more situps (not a snarky comment, everyone should do more situps).

Again, the previous posters' comments are valid, it really just depends on the kind of games you play, or would like to play. Hydration is #1 top priority for outdoor gear. Dehydration and heat stroke are no joke.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 12:37   #6
xav1982

The back of my 6094

3liters lbt pouch with double 40mm on it on the left ( double 40 used for small smoke grenade ) and large single smoke pouch and single mag on the right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xav1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 12:40   #7
cav.

I've got a 3L CamelBack, and I usually just fill it to 1.5L. Unless I am going to an outdoor game (probably never) I doubt I will ever need 3L. It does get quite heavy!
Old April 29th, 2014, 13:35   #8
Joshcoe

If you cantfind a smaller hydration carrier you can buy an average size utility pouch and buy a 1.5l bladder from Canadian tire or something. I've seen it done
Joshcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 13:59   #9
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I have a cooler I usually bring to the FOB or as far forward as I can have support gear like BBs and gas and or batteries. That way I'm not terribly far from refilling my bladder.

If you are going through 1L+ of fluids in less than an hour, that's either way too much water (you're burning electrolyte as well) or it's so hot that most people on the field would probably not want to be there lol.

Most I've done is 6L of fluids in 12 hours and it hurt to pee I was peeing so much. It was also like 35+ with the humidex. Load out according to the weather... just like you dress for the weather. I ditched my vest for most of that game because I was overheating with it on.
Old April 29th, 2014, 22:23   #10
MikeRomeo

UR Tactical make 3L/100oz Hydration covers with external Molle as well (not sure on the quality as I've never used UR Products, I use SORD)

http://www.ur-tactical.com/index.php...ategory_id/131, can always put pouches next to it or on it if you like
MikeRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 00:28   #11
ecnerual

Question isnt about the water I need on me ! I want to know if there is other options for a assault back panel !
ecnerual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 00:31   #12
xav1982

Commercial off the shelf the ferro is the only one I know too...

Old April 30th, 2014, 01:17   #13
MikeRomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecnerual View Post

It must be abble to take a 100oz bladders and take mags/thundersB (eazy to access for a teamate) and some places to put some stuff !

Sadly they say it only take 1-2 L bladders

Quote:
Question isnt about the water I need on me
We were giving you alternate options on what you could do for a back panel, like running a Hydration cover and pouches seperately on the back panel of your plate carrier...
If your really after a Backpanel, honestly Ferro is possibly the cheapest out there. If you want to fit a 3L hydro in it, fill it halfway and fold it.
The backpanel will be even heavier with grenades, mags, and extra supplies with the water...

Edit: VGC Are releasing a CPC Backpanel sometime soon, But I'm not too sure if they will release a Molle to zipper panel for it.

Last edited by MikeRomeo; April 30th, 2014 at 01:19..
MikeRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 02:25   #14
xav1982

A less expensive solution....

https://www.awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=50902

Old April 30th, 2014, 04:48   #15
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

I only carry a radio and water on my back. I do carry 3L cuz I hydrate like a mu-fuka

That said, put a triple shingle or some nade pouches on the back or even on the bladder if you "need" to carry spares for a team mate.

Though I'd say fuck them, one man one kit. Pass them a nade or mag if need be, don't mount shit all stupid COD like for them....
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified

Last edited by Gato; April 30th, 2014 at 04:52..
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion