Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft QC

:

Reviews

Old January 21st, 2013, 11:55   #61
Nickaayyy

Well I think i'll just go and see the shop in person next time I go to MTL to check "un surplus militaire". Have to go soon to buy some new pistol mags anyway.

Thanks for the help!!
Nickaayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:56   #62
Matula
formerly sammer

Ne t'excuses pas au contraire, surtout qu on parle d un magasin au Quebec.
Prochaine fois je serai heureux de parler en Français.

Pour le reste je te fait un PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickaayyy View Post

Thank you for the help
P.S: Sry for bad english, my main is french.

Last edited by Matula; January 21st, 2013 at 12:53..
Matula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 13:08   #63
Mist3r.B
formerly Botchbomber

Send a message via MSN to Mist3r.B
I been to this place a year or 2 ago. When Selling AEG was a new thing to them. I have to say I was far from impress at the time. Everything on the wall was AEG from his friend and you could not touch them unless you commit to buy. He had nothing in stock and his website at the time was a copy paste of every item of ICS catalog. Of course nothing was instock.

The worst part for me was the advice he was giving to his customer. A lot of superstitions and unfounded advices that you can pick from 5min of internet on the subject of airsoft. Ex: running a lipo 7.4 lipo in a stock gun would make it exploded or catch fire. When I confronted him telling him that I use a Lipo in my m249 he said it was ok because they were build more sturdy. What the hell I use Lipo with all my AEG and I never had any fire or explosion hazard.

But this was a long time ago maybe things have change.

My advise would be. If you know what you want and they have it in stock for the price you want, go for it. If your a new player and are looking for advice for a first buy, this may not be the best place for you.

Last edited by Mist3r.B; January 21st, 2013 at 13:18..
Mist3r.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 00:27   #64
Whyan

Does this place ship to other provinces reasonably well? If so, is there anything a British Columbian should worry about when making a purchase on their site?

I'm asking because:
1. I'm unable to understand French portion of the site or the their Facebook page.
2. They somehow managed to get one of the latest Echo 1 pieces that are even limited in states.

Any help would be wonderful.
Whyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:50   #65
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyan View Post
Does this place ship to other provinces reasonably well? If so, is there anything a British Columbian should worry about when making a purchase on their site?

I'm asking because:
1. I'm unable to understand French portion of the site or the their Facebook page.
2. They somehow managed to get one of the latest Echo 1 pieces that are even limited in states.

Any help would be wonderful.

Did you miss absolutely every post on this thread that said this shop is a pile of steaming shit and should be avoided at all cost?

Not to mention most of what they have listed is NOT in stock.

Last edited by Drake; March 16th, 2013 at 04:52..
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 19:11   #66
Kos-Mos

Well, I did not think I would have to do this, but I went and tried AirsoftQC for myself.

This was the St-Hubert store, I was told that the owner now runs the Montreal store/field.

I went in to buy a trishot spring shotgun. The price was decent (110$ for an all black/metal barrel).

However, the service could not be worst. The guy that worked there appears to have some knowledge of airsoft, but it's not the case. Apparently propane adapters is illegal (and he sells green gaz cans, because this is the only legal propellant). GBBRs also explode if you don't take them appart to lube everything after every game, that is why they don't stock any.

They have a decent inventory, moslty G&G and ICS guns. Some china bolt actions too. The prices are very inflated (think pre-2010). The owner apparently leave his guns there to display. I must say that the BETA Cheytac is really nice, and HEAVY!

Now the first visit was OK. Except maybe that they setup a makeshift range in the store, and shoot with no protection. The shotgun that was on display was loaded when we arrived...

I found a few hours after that I found that the gun I bought was defective. The button to open the loading door/eject the shell was jammed solid. You needed two hands or a pair of pliers to move it.

Today I did go back to the store to get a simple replacement. I did not ask for a refund at all. That is TWO DAYS after the sale, and I had the receipt.
The person there (same as before) started to argue that it was working fine, after trying to open the door at least 10 times. It was because I did not had long nails that I could not operate the latch properly.
He then started about the fact that there is no warranty on any airsoft (partially true). When I asked him where that was marked, he searched for the note on the receipt (there is none). Then looked through the manual to tell me that there is no warranty. He then found out that there is a 60-days warranty (yes, even in Canada). And pointed out that it states NOT TO RETURN PRODUCT TO THE MERCHANT.

I had to threaten him with calling the "Protection du consommateur" (better business bureau), and that he was obligated by law to accept a return or refund in the 7 next days. I also asked for the business number and taxes number (since they where not on the receipt, that is also bad).

Only then he agreed to call his boss, stating that it probably won't change anything and I would have to send the gun for repair.

Surprisingly, his boss did not even ask any questions, and told him to swap it for an other one.

Now, from the moment I entered the place (the second time), the employee made me feel (or tried) like a moron that can't press a button. I will probably visit the Montreal store to meet the owner, because he sounds like a nice guy. Might want to reconsider his employee choice though.

Last edited by Kos-Mos; March 24th, 2013 at 19:14..
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 19:59   #67
Evil_yd

The two stores are independently owned and operated.
AKM (Cyma)
SOG-68 (ECHO1)
M3 Shotgun (UTG)
Evil_yd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 23:28   #68
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_yd View Post
The two stores are independently owned and operated.
That was not what was said to me, or what is written on the receipt...

Well that is great, might just go there see how it is.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 21:34   #69
Tertion

Send a message via MSN to Tertion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mist3r.B View Post
My advise would be. If you know what you want and they have it in stock for the price you want, go for it. If your a new player and are looking for advice for a first buy, this may not be the best place for you.
+1

I bought my first airsoft gun there. Already knew what I wanted... he let me fiddle with the gun... waited after me for about 20min to ?$%$ try to remember my paypal login info... and gave me free stuff afterward (!).

But later on I had issues with the gun and it seemed that he took my questions about it as accusations. I don't think he's a bad guy... but maybe a little bit too short on temper...idk
Tertion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 14:50   #70
Shougon

Has anyone recently order from them? If so, is the online service still have some decent customer quality or just bad still.
Shougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 15:42   #71
Drake
E-01

The official consensus is still Avoid At All Cost.

Order at your own risk.
Old August 12th, 2013, 12:14   #72
atelierdujeu

Glad to see that a lot of players who were pissed at Airsoft qc are now getting in their games at the center and seem to get along finally.

I've known the store since the very beggining and there is no evil that lies there, just a few misunderstandings and a little too much ego on all sides.

Testosterone and guns is not always a good mix
Old August 12th, 2013, 14:26   #73
Kim-Haze

My friend and I both ordered Echo1 PRI Delta 9" and we had no problem, that being said we ordered nothing else. We always ordered our accessories and other goods from airsoftgi when they have their flat-rate shipping sales.

When we ordered we knew exactly what we wanted and did everything quick and clean.

After reading this, I don't feel the need to order from airsoft QC anymore lol.
Kim-Haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 14:42   #74
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by atelierdujeu View Post
Glad to see that a lot of players who were pissed at Airsoft qc are now getting in their games at the center and seem to get along finally.

I've known the store since the very beggining and there is no evil that lies there, just a few misunderstandings and a little too much ego on all sides.

The store (namely owner Martin Vaillancourt) hasn't changed it's attitude in the slightest and I still regularly hear complaints from people who receive horrible treatment there (getting outright mocked, getting bad service, bad information, etc).

However the community is capable of making a distinction between the FIELD and the STORE. No one has any complaints about the field and we're happy to support it; but I know a lot of those same people will NOT be dealing with the store.
Old August 12th, 2013, 15:19   #75
Aegiis
Sgt. Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by atelierdujeu View Post

While I agree that some customers may sometimes feel (way too much) entitled because they bought something from you, when you own a business, you have to have good or better customer service. You cannot afford an ego, or attitude with the customers. Becuase, they decide where to shop and spend their money. And the market, even the still-a-bit-underground-that-is-airsoft, is opening up like never before.

www.anvairsoft.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Aegiis ?* raison
Aegiis is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews