Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&g pdw 99 (p90)

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 30th, 2012, 10:27   #1
sabinn

G&g pdw 99 (p90)

Wow. Metal upper. 2 side rails on the RDS. Integrated "Laserex" type laser. If the build quality and internals are on par with TM or the CA Proline I think I may have to buy this when it comes available to Canada.

AST G&G PDW 99 - YouTube

EDIT: added exploded views
cqb
long barrel

Last edited by sabinn; November 5th, 2012 at 21:51..
sabinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 10:56   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I was just reading elsewhere it's only for sale in taiwan due to licensing issues... who knows if it's true. I just want gearbox shells that arne't TM or ks/e1.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 17:02   #3
HeadlessChicken

More then likely with Cybergun's hold on FNH trades license which all but killed WE's gas P90.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 20:00   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken View Post
More then likely with Cybergun's hold on FNH trades license which all but killed WE's gas P90.
However G&G does have FNH licensed guns...the F2000 and the SCAR I believe. However King Arms already has the FNH licensing on their P90, so I'm not sure how that works with another gun, if they can even have 2 different brands with the same FNH trades. It would be like having a Ford Focus made by 2 different companies. There's going to be differences in quality and attributes. I'm not sure FNH (Ford) would want that.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 11:38   #5
sabinn

Tier One can order them (not currently itemized on website)

www.tieronetactical.com
$369.99

Anyone interested in combining buying power?
Old November 1st, 2012, 09:36   #6
Evil_yd

that laser on the front does look interesting and so does the adjustable fps, although i'm not certain if that option is better than the King arms quick change system, i'm no expert but if you constantly compress the spring wouldn't it lose some of it's strength over time ?
AKM (Cyma)
SOG-68 (ECHO1)
M3 Shotgun (UTG)
Evil_yd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 10:18   #7
cetane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_yd View Post
that laser on the front does look interesting and so does the adjustable fps, although i'm not certain if that option is better than the King arms quick change system, i'm no expert but if you constantly compress the spring wouldn't it lose some of it's strength over time ?
The spring won't really loose much strength over time. In any gearbox it sits compressed a bit even when piston touching cylinder head. And it looks like if you unscrew it completely you can pull the spring guide out and change the spring.
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 10:20   #8
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken View Post
They do hold the license for FN P90s from what I know. Which was made in the form of the King Arms P90s. I doubt we will see this unless people import them from Taiwan. Which can be done, with enough money of course
Old November 2nd, 2012, 10:34   #9
sabinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
I doubt we will see this unless people import them from Taiwan.
In my post above I let you know that Tier One Tactical can order them. When I asked how he is able to order these he candidly stated that he see's that model on his price list from G&G therefore he can order them. So I imagine that any dealer with a G&G relationship should be able to get it.

I suspect that if you're interested in this gun for it's bells'n'whistles then pounce on it before Cybergun/Spartan cock-blocks it.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:53   #10
Disco_Dante

Considering G&G has had a P90 and a PS90 out for quite a while now, why is it that this one would be jumped on by cybergun but the previous incarnations would not?

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 01:15   #11
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
Considering G&G has had a P90 and a PS90 out for quite a while now, why is it that this one would be jumped on by cybergun but the previous incarnations would not?
Do you mean TM?
Old November 3rd, 2012, 08:36   #12
Disco_Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
Do you mean TM?
No I was definitely talking about G&G, but I'm doing some poking around now and it doesn't seem to be very prominent. There are reviews and you can find the exploded parts diagram on G&G's website... but you guys might be right about cybergun stopping it's spread.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 19:59   #13
Brook240sx

I have a G&G PDW99 in tan. here are my thoughts on it.

Great build quality overall. I would say this is the best built P90 out there. The down side to this is it makes it very heavy. the gearbox is all CNC machined and has excellent internal parts (pro line). Problems with the gun. the Hop up is not all that great like most p90 platforms. the integrated optic is a waist of money. looks very cool but cannot really be zeroed in and the red dot is much to faint. This is an over all great gun for a P90. worth the money? Probably not until it hits the north American market.

Last edited by Brook240sx; November 5th, 2012 at 20:17..
Brook240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 20:01   #14
Brook240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
No I was definitely talking about G&G, but I'm doing some poking around now and it doesn't seem to be very prominent. There are reviews and you can find the exploded parts diagram on G&G's website... but you guys might be right about cybergun stopping it's spread.
cybergun holds a patent on the shape of the p90 frame. It is in litigation as we speak.
Brook240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 21:01   #15
sabinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook240sx View Post
I have a G&G PDW99 in tan. here are my thoughts on it.

Great build quality overall. I would say this is the best built P90 out there. The down side to this is it makes it very heavy. the gearbox is all CNC machined and has excellent internal parts (pro line). Problems with the gun. the Hop up is not all that great like most p90 platforms. the integrated optic is a waist of money. looks very cool but cannot really be zeroed in and the red dot is much to faint. This is an over all great gun for a P90. worth the money? Probably not until it hits the north American market.
How about the integrated laser? Do you need to zero it often or does it hold zero between games?
Also, the 2 buttons for laser activation... I assume that is full and half power laser intensity. Since this is an airsoft gun I was wondering how intense it is. Daylight viewable? From how far? Does the laser ever look like an enormous blob at range?

A real Laserex unit for the P90 is 8mW.
Civilian Laserex units are <3mW.
I'm hoping the G&G version is around 3mW as well.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion