Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sig Pro SP2022 problem.. need help

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 21st, 2010, 00:38   #1
Labo

Sig Pro SP2022 problem.. need help

I've purchased a used KSC SIG PRO SP2022,

If there's anybody out there who could point me to the right direction as to what kind of problem Im experiencing... it would be much appreciated.

Here is the problem I'm having.

As far as I was told.. the Mag works fine... with a slight leak, perhaps. After loading it with Propane and holstering it (not in use for about 20 min) it gives me approximately 3 shots.. at the most, then it disperses all the gas after the 4th... at best.

As recommended by some players... I have oiled both mag, and slide with silicone oil, and cleaned out all the gunk off the slide.

One experienced player says "It is the slide" (it is made of plastic)... this i understood.

Another said "It was the "Strike pin" not touching the "mag" (gas release pin)

Another said "I got ripped off" and i should return the item.

As you can see, Im not too familiar with GBB's and I am quite frustrated, and starting to feel a bit of disappointment.

I am sure it is a good gun, and I am not expecting to refund this item due to a very personal relationship i have with the seller.. I don't want to name names... I am simply asking for some advice on the matter, because i am not getting the "post-sale" help i so deserve.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can shed some light on this matter.

Last edited by Labo; May 21st, 2010 at 00:38.. Reason: spelling correction on post.
Labo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 00:56   #2
juicy

People usually buy broken guns if they think they can fix them, do they not?

I honestly can't help you; sorry for the useless response, Labo.

Edit: probably something internally. Like inside the BBU (do Sig Pro's even have one of these?), or inside the hammer/trigger assembly somewhere... knowing KSC, there won't be many OEM or aftermarket parts for fixing it. Good luck :P
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 17:36   #3
Labo

FIXED!! A similar problem I found posted in the classifieds section with the same gun kinda helped. Apparently, there wasn't enough gas power to push the slide back, hence it does not re cock the firing pin. This pin is what strikes the gas valve on the mag. So.. I cut maybe about 4 layers of spring (the main spring- the one that pulls the slide forward) wich gave it a little less resistance for the slide to pull back. I re-oiled all the parts with silicone oil.. And it fires great!!!
Labo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner