Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Veteran Verification: 10 years

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 5th, 2014, 18:35   #1
||*||Talonted

Veteran Verification: 10 years

well about 7-8 years ago i tried to get verified through the CIA guys but was ignored like most of the complaints around here. Eventually i walked away from airsoft as my ties to used parts were cut. Now a days im trying again to be verified and my question out of this is.

" Once Verified by a verifier, who approves the verification and completes the final step?". Id like to put a bug in their ear so i can get building again.

Been on here since 2004 and not once has anyone replied untill Northern Arms (shaharov)did a few weeks ago.

Who do i poke?

10 years of being on these forums should have auto bumped me into being AV
Old November 5th, 2014, 18:53   #2
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

100 years won't get you an auto bump. It's not just about verifying age, it's about verifying you.

The ONLY way to be verified is as follows.

- Contact a verifier as close to you as possible. Verifiers are volunteers, so they may be too busy with work, away on holidays, busy with their kids, going through a divorce, etc. It usually is a good idea to PM a few and see who's available.

- Next yourself and the verifier must set up an in person meeting. No webcams, no third parties, etc. It must you and a verifier face to face, period. It'll be on you to mostly be time flexible and to likely do the lion's share of the travelling as once again, verifiers are volunteers, and have to do a lot of these between their jobs and personal lives.

- During the AV, the verifier will ask you a few questions while reiterating a few important points about ASC, just to make sure you have the tools and recommendations, as well as understand some key rules about being age verified. All this person does after the meeting is post your information onto a private board to be approved by the appropriate moderator.

- In order for the verifier to verify who you are, they'll need to see you in person, be provided with government issue photo identification, and check your real, full name as well as your date of birth. This also gives them the chance to see you beside your ID.

- Next is a short wait period, usually 1-2 weeks. An appropriate moderator, who is also a volunteer, will go through the new AV section and approve a block of new ones. Usually a block is done every week or so, so it can depend on the amount of people waiting for verification.

- Keep checking back, and you'll notice you'll have access to more forums including the classifieds. Also the 'age verified' tag will appear under your pic when you post.

- This system is an important cornerstone of ASC, and cannot be got around or avoided for any reason. There is a whole section in the forums titled 'regional representatives' that can help find verifiers as near to you as possible.

- Thank you for your patience.
Old November 5th, 2014, 18:56   #3
Slodin

you could of been 6 when you made your account..just saying..
I have been using computers since i was 5...email, games, word, all kind of things.

I live in surrey, so I contacted Ricochet and he replied me to lighting fast.
It took me like a week to find a time to meet up and then waited a few weeks before they put the verified tag on me.

The person who in puts all that info only does it every few weeks so you have to be patient. Also they don't get paid for this.

If you can't get AVed on the island..you should try the mainland...
Old November 5th, 2014, 18:56   #4
FirestormX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||*||Talonted View Post
10 years of being on these forums should have auto bumped me into being AV
How do we know you didn't sign up at the age of 7? Hmm? HMM?!

As Ricochet stated, there's a queue of members to AV, and when you do the meeting with an AVer, you get placed at the end of the queue.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 19:08   #5
||*||Talonted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
100 years won't get you an auto bump. It's not just about verifying age, it's about verifying you.

The ONLY way to be verified is as follows.

- Contact a verifier as close to you as possible. Verifiers are volunteers, so they may be too busy with work, away on holidays, busy with their kids, going through a divorce, etc. It usually is a good idea to PM a few and see who's available.

- Next yourself and the verifier must set up an in person meeting. No webcams, no third parties, etc. It must you and a verifier face to face, period. It'll be on you to mostly be time flexible and to likely do the lion's share of the travelling as once again, verifiers are volunteers, and have to do a lot of these between their jobs and personal lives.

- During the AV, the verifier will ask you a few questions while reiterating a few important points about ASC, just to make sure you have the tools and recommendations, as well as understand some key rules about being age verified. All this person does after the meeting is post your information onto a private board to be approved by the appropriate moderator.

- In order for the verifier to verify who you are, they'll need to see you in person, be provided with government issue photo identification, and check your real, full name as well as your date of birth. This also gives them the chance to see you beside your ID.

- Next is a short wait period, usually 1-2 weeks. An appropriate moderator, who is also a volunteer, will go through the new AV section and approve a block of new ones. Usually a block is done every week or so, so it can depend on the amount of people waiting for verification.
All this has been taken care of and done. Jonothan from Northern Arms verified that i am 31 and it has been a few weeks since we had the face to face. I just wanted to know who to msg to dig for mine. And if its a few volunteers only, id like to sign up as i can "volunteer" an hour daily to those waiting Months to be verified.
Old November 5th, 2014, 19:51   #6
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Your information was only posted into the queue for Age Verification on the 25th of October, there should be an update shortly so please have a little patience and you'll have your AV status soon.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 20:02   #7
||*||Talonted

There is a familiar account from way back when, much appreciated info Kokanee! Reassurance that i am in line still, is all i was looking for
Old November 5th, 2014, 20:06   #8
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Yep my apologies sometimes with RL stuff getting in the way the backlog can get a bit large, but there are only about a dozen people ahead of you.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 20:47   #9
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
I have never heard of you. Couldn't have been trying that hard.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 20:50   #10
hollywood...
cranky old man

Old November 5th, 2014, 21:02   #11
||*||Talonted

i havent been trying for 10 years solid, i was into airsoft in 2003 - 2007. and the Age laws on here hadnt changed untill later in 05-06 maybe? so in 06-07 i reached out multiple times to 3 of the CIA members here in nanaimo then gave up unfortunately.
Old November 5th, 2014, 21:06   #12
||*||Talonted

it's ok tho, Northern Arms has sorted me out good to go, nice to be back. kill the flaming
Old November 5th, 2014, 22:24   #13
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||*||Talonted View Post
kill the flaming
Kill it with fire!
Old November 5th, 2014, 23:07   #14
BloodSport
Traveling Man

In 10 years you should,have read the forum rules and the FAQs to know that your answers have all been answered in there.
Old November 6th, 2014, 01:37   #15
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Don't people who complain get their shit pushed to the bottom of the pile?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank