Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE 1911-tactical

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 29th, 2009, 05:59   #1
The Lonely SCAR

Question WE 1911-tactical

Well I have been wanting a GBB for a while now but I don't have the knowledge to know which ones are good and bad. I was thinking about giving Mopic a try, as I will be ordering a KWA m4 S-system soon so I want to order something smaller first. I love the way the WE tech 1911 tactical looks but I have read that the magazine cant cool down fast enough. therefore disabling the "rapid fire". Being one of those people I could NOT have fun with a GBB unless I was able to unload a mag in seconds. Now would I be able to simple buy a different brand of mag and use that or are pistol magazines not compatible with each other? Or should I just go with a KWA PTP?

Thanks
Old January 29th, 2009, 06:41   #2
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Well, first of all I'd stay away from the WE 1911's if you can afford anything better, they're fraught with problems. If you want full metal, go with KJW, if FMU isn't a concern (and you can afford it) then WA or TM are the way to go.

Secondly, it's not that the mags can't cool down fast enough, it's that they cool down too fast. This is a problem with all GBB's powered by propane and to an extent CO2. It's particularly bad on the 1911's though because the mags are a fair bit smaller then your average double stack gun, thus they can't hold as much gas. The brand of mag doesn't really make a difference in this case (WE's aren't really compatible with anything else anyway).

If rapid fire is what you want then the 1911 probably isn't what you're after. Go with a Glock, or if the boxy Glocks aren't your style then a Beretta. If you're set on the 1911 style then you could go with a Hicappa, they're basically fancy double stack versions of the 1911. The Hicappa is definitely the way to go if you want to pimp out your pistol, there is no pistol that has more pimping options then the Hicappa.

Kuro_Neko

Edit: You'll have to get age verified first though before you're going to be able to get any of these, here or from Mopic.

Last edited by Kuro_Neko; January 29th, 2009 at 06:47..
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 06:52   #3
The Lonely SCAR

Thanks for the info I am planning on getting verified after the consruction on my house is done. What about the KWA ptp line?
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:14   #4
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Do you mean the KWA 1911DS? PTP just stands for professional training Pistol and is just a marketing gimmick. The KWA 1911DS is basically a Hicappa for all intents and purposes. I have no personal experience with it but I've heard good things and it's a possible choice for a full metal Hicappa, only the grips and the outer barrel are plastic (a shame about the outer barrel, would have been better to be metal). Not particularly cheap though, and not the easiest to find. Perhaps someone with personal experience with that model will chime in.

Kuro_Neko
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 09:04   #5
Crunchmeister

As already stated here, I would avoid the WE 1911. When they work, they seem to work fine and last a long time, but there are far too many lemons. It's a line of gun that's fraught with issues. And because it's a proprietary design, no other aftermarket parts are compatible with it and stock replacement parts aren't really available. Problems tend to be very minor, but that minor problem tends to turn the gun into an expensive paperweight due to the lack of parts. It's not uncommon for someone to blow out their barrel bushing on the first mag through the gun, rendering the gun unusable.

And if you want rapid fire, the 1911 is a bad choice of gun. You'll need a GBB with a large double-stack mag. Single stack 1911 mags have way too much cooldown to be used effectively in rapid fire. You'd be better off with a P226, Glock or Beretta.
Old January 29th, 2009, 16:06   #6
Roughneck
used to be Spencer aka Sue

I've said it on other threads, but my TM 1911's will empty a full mag minus one round with a single charge of propane in rapid fire. I've tried it several times and hammered out a mag as fast as I can and it always leaves one round in the chamber when the gas runs out. So, just put 25 rounds in the mag instead of 26 if you want the slide to lock back.

That being said, NEVER in a game have I emptied a full pistol mag in that fashion. Even in a pistols only game, no one ever fired more than a few shots in a row without a few seconds inbetween. For practical use, don't be shy with a 1911 if you think it's your style.. just avoid the WE's or be prepared to search ASC for all the fixes done to them.

Please save for me, some gallantry
That will echo when I'm gone
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 17:23   #7
The Lonely SCAR

Thanks guys I will put the WE 1911 on my do not buy list. One more thing would this mag work with this gun?
mag:http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=10730
gun (very bottom):http://www.mopicairsoft.ca/GBB_s.html

Thanks again
Old January 29th, 2009, 19:15   #8
mopic

If AV status is an issue, a .JPG of government ID with your name and age is good enough. (over 18 of course)
mopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 22:40   #9
The Lonely SCAR

Yes thanks you can expect my order in the next two months whether it is a KWA G36 or a GBB.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank