Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ares G36 or Umarex G36

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 8th, 2016, 21:31   #1
Arros

Question Ares G36 or Umarex G36

I have noticed that there has been a lot of controversy over the Ares G36c and its counterpart the Umarex G36c externally these guns are only different in that Umarex gives you a grip and adjustable stock instead of a 2 round burst option which is given by the ares side of the product please let each other know which one is a better choice and why? personally i would like to know as well as i am looking into this model and i am split down the middle.
Arros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2016, 22:24   #2
Handsonic
"I like syrup on my blue waffles." #diseasedvagina

Ares is far superior because of the built in mosfet and 2 round burst option. You can easily by any type of grip basically anywhere, and the non-adjustable stock is perfectly fine, but if you REALLY want that stock, you can buy it online too. While you can change your gun accessories without issue, it's not so easy to make your gun have a new firing selector setting and add a good mosfet without thorough knowledge of airsoft guns and some tools. Furthermore, Ares internals overall are more durable and reliable than Umarex (S&T) internals.

These are the reasons why I bought an Ares G36C instead of an Umarex (S&T) one, even though I really liked the adjustable stock. I do not regret buying Ares AT ALL. The gun shoots like a laser, and very fast for a stock gun (10-15 RPS). Plus, the 2-round burst has been very handy for dealing with cheaters without breaking field rules.

Last edited by Handsonic; April 8th, 2016 at 22:41..
Handsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2016, 23:14   #3
venture

ARES makes the G36 AEG for Umarex.

@Handsonic - Does Ares have a new model with mosfet and burst option that surpasses the ARES/Umarex AEG's?

EDIT: I see that KWA still makes the Umarex G36C. Basically you can identify this way: if it has blowback it is ARES, if not KWA. ARES still makes the G36KV with the folding & adjustable stock.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca

Last edited by venture; April 8th, 2016 at 23:20..
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2016, 00:54   #4
Arros

Thank you for your help!

I greatly appreciate the second opinion from someone that owns the gun and can help me with the pros and cons with the decision of buying the Ares model Thanks!
Arros is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion