Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tar-21 upgrades

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old June 6th, 2013, 10:18   #1
badrelko

Tar-21 upgrades

Hey guys so I'm looking at upgrading my first AEG and after much reading I'm looking at going for an accurate medium(130ish feet) range AEG so far here is a list of parts I've come up with

- Lonex Aluminum Cylinder Head for Ver. 2

-Lonex Enhanced Hop-up Unit for M4/M16

-Lonex Extreme Toughness Piston (10-Teeth - Burgundy)

-Lonex POM Ventilated Piston Head

-Prometheus Flat Hop-up Tensioner

-Lonex M4/M16 Air Seal Nozzle

-Lonex Improved Hop-Up Bucking & Sleeve (50D)

- Mad Bull 6.01mm Ultimate Tightbore Barrel - 509mm

- Spartan Force Recon LW 110mm Slim Silencer

Now my tar is the S&T one with a metal gearbox I already have a m120 spring to go with all those upgrades and I have a few questions

1.for the barrel I would rather stick with my current size (413mm) but the only options I can find are 363 and 509 being as it is can I cut down the barrel to the length I want and finely San the inside edge as to not alter the accuracy?

2. What would be the most appropriate hopup bucking for this setup? I've seen so many people say diff things so I just chose one I saw was decsnt

Now keep in mind all these parts are from two stores in Canada (airsoftstore.ca and airsoftparts.ca) and I would rather keep my order generally with two to three Canadian stores.

Also I'm not looking for a super accurate dmr ATM I'm just looking for a decent AEG that can keep a tight grouping at a distance and reliable, with that in mind my parts list I would rather keep below $200 (these total 180ish) before shipping.

The 6.01 tightbore I have chosen as a few guys I know have that size on their AEGs and they are perfectly with propper maintenance.

Thanks for your time guys

badrelko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 11:02   #2
Schoolboy

Hate to break it to you but the tavor is unique to its own.
I own an ares tavor and I've built it from the ground up. Standard v2 cylinder head are not compatible nor are renenforcerd pistons.

You can scratch those two off.
You will need a standard piston type. I recommend you go with 6.02 over a 1 the madbull ones Are disappointing. On the plus bb variance is easier to work with and generally 0.02s function better than 0.01s in AEGs

You will need a full cylinder and a ver2 air seal nozzle. So add those too your list.
Old June 6th, 2013, 11:38   #3
badrelko

Really? I've read in a few places that the s&t tavor is compatible with standard V2 and V3 parts unlike the Ares tavor. One of the unfortunalities of having a rare gun is experimenting lol

And if I do have to change the cylinder is this what I'm looking for?

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_126&prod ucts_id=1103

Last edited by badrelko; June 6th, 2013 at 11:42..
Old June 6th, 2013, 12:33   #4
Schoolboy

A full cylinder will maximize you're air-flow. combined with a 400mm barrel it's deadly.
I run an m110 with a full cylinder seal and my tavor is pushing 405-410. On the other note it shoots with a very crisp and similar response to a PTW.
However i built mine for front line duty primarily for assault roles

if you're going DMR you will want a full cylinder.

Regarding the cylinder head and piston i'd recommend you open it to check to be safe if so. Mind you the S&T is a clone, the only difference i've heard of was regarding the barrel and hop-up witch are not attached to the gearbox internally.
Old June 6th, 2013, 20:39   #5
badrelko

So will I be checking the sizes of the piston and such?

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications