Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

REVIEW: AN/PRC-148 MBITR, working replica by United-Star

:

Reviews

Old April 27th, 2011, 22:51   #301
SaltWaterDrinker

Send a message via MSN to SaltWaterDrinker
I want to apologise for my extreme absence in regards to this post, as well as the PMs. I'm working to respond to all of them and answer everyone's questions that were directed to me.

I appreciate everyone's understanding. I'll catch up with everyone soon.

Josh
SaltWaterDrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 23:00   #302
SaltWaterDrinker

Send a message via MSN to SaltWaterDrinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.E.A.L. View Post
Here is a video from my MBITR which shows the problems that I have with it:
YouTube - United Star MBITR Problems

Did have anybody here the same problems ? Especially for the Dual Watch function.

Before I make this video, I programmed the MBITR like the manual video from Conker with the PMR Preset File. The only thing that I have changed was the greeting.

Did have anybody information that could help ? I believe Ares Ops Hartmann has the some problem
Your whole radio isnt programmed properly. Buttons and all.

If you wouldn't mind, please send me your programming ".txt"
PM me for my email. Did you use a USB converter?

---

Ultimately what that video represented is a corrupt codeplug. Data regarding button placement and capabilities was put into it incorrectly by the user, it was shipped with incorrect data, or the USB converter thing is causing problems. I haven't tried the preset PMR/programming files either...they might be causing a problem too...who knows.

Who used a USB serial converter and is having problems with their radio?

Last edited by SaltWaterDrinker; April 27th, 2011 at 23:04..
SaltWaterDrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 23:14   #303
attack-beaver

so i was looking at getting this radio and saw that the Z-tactical set up with the comtac II's however after looking at the boom mic i just see the one connector to the radio. so my question is after the boom mic and head set are mounted how do they connect to the radio and PTT? if i could get a picture that would be great.
attack-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 23:17   #304
Karma_

I don't quite understand your question but I'm taking a guess and going to say that the Element headsets will work via the Kenwood plug on the side of the radio.

The cost of being legit is high
Karma_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 06:54   #305
S.E.A.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltWaterDrinker View Post
Your whole radio isnt programmed properly. Buttons and all.

If you wouldn't mind, please send me your programming ".txt"
PM me for my email. Did you use a USB converter?

---

Ultimately what that video represented is a corrupt codeplug. Data regarding button placement and capabilities was put into it incorrectly by the user, it was shipped with incorrect data, or the USB converter thing is causing problems. I haven't tried the preset PMR/programming files either...they might be causing a problem too...who knows.

Who used a USB serial converter and is having problems with their radio?
Thanks for the info, I will contact you in a few minutes.
For info:
I did not used a USB converter. I use a PC with Windows XP and a normal Com Port. Data Transfer is without any problems to the radio (write), sometimes I get an error when i try to "read" the channels from the radio to the PC.

Also I used this time the pmr preset file and after that I try the Dual Watch function on the radio. It doesn't work and as I press the F-Button + the button for scan the mbitr makes a sound like a sirene

After that I used the menu of the mbitr to reset it. And try this PMR file from Lucky131. After that the radio also not work properly, you can see it in the video.

The step by step manual from conker works fine, but I think something isn't right with my radio or with the preset file
Attached Files
File Type: txt PMR446.txt (2.6 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by S.E.A.L.; April 28th, 2011 at 06:56.. Reason: forgotten file
S.E.A.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 19:39   #306
attack-beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma_ View Post
I don't quite understand your question but I'm taking a guess and going to say that the Element headsets will work via the Kenwood plug on the side of the radio.
as your pointed out chris that there still needs to be a down lead to the radio and the boom mic does not have one. so does a down lead need to be purchased in order to contact the radio to the head set.
attack-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 20:16   #307
Karma_

The RS Comtac's that don't come with the mic don't have the down lead. That's why you confused me, you didn't mention a key part there. The replica's do have it.

As a side note. Conker, I followed your directions and programmed my radio without any issues. Pretty slick. Thanks for the help.

The cost of being legit is high
Karma_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 14:39   #308
LOW TIDE

@SaltWaterDrinker

I have the genuine Thales broadband antenna as well as the Thales folding blade antenna. So far, everything seems to be working perfectly (after 2 months, one returned radio to HobbyEshop and lost shipping money on BTW) with my new one from Airsoft Park.

QUESTION: What will happen if I attempt to transmit on a frequency outside the 400-470 with the original antenna that came with it? Will it damage the radio. I plan to use the genuine Thales, but was just curious if I should hang on to the other ones that came with it, or if they are obsolete if I want to use a frequency outside what is stated on the box.

**Do not order from HobbyEshop, they had terrible customer service, and took over a month to finally allow me to return the one they sent me which never worked. Airsoft Park has been great on responding to emails and offers 3 days to inspect the item and return if necessary.

Last edited by LOW TIDE; April 30th, 2011 at 14:42..
LOW TIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2011, 05:48   #309
KNUDI

@ LOW TIDE: It depends on with antenna you have, to have any effect. You need the 90-512 Mhz. Partnumber is 1600500-1.

I think there is no Folding antenna that Frequency Area.
KNUDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:37   #310
LOW TIDE

Yes, that is the one I have. I got both of them from a surplus store down the street from an Army base.

It is working perfectly as SaltwaterDrinker said it would, but my question is...

What would happen if I put the original United Star antenna back on and attempted to transmit....would it damage the radio?
LOW TIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:03   #311
alexandrexxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleDriver View Post
My work laptop used to have a serial port, so I just got a serial programming cable for the Puxing/Wouxun radios I have. With my new laptop, there is no serial port, and the Prolific USB to serial programming cables had driver issues on Vista and Windows 7. So I changed to a Keyspan USB to serial adapter and use that with the serial programming cable. Not one issue with the cable so far.

http://www.409shop.com/409shop_product.php?id=103756
http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...:referralID=NA

This should work for the AN/PRC-148 radios as well
Hi, I have the same problem, no com port on my laptop, I bought a USB plug but that doesn't work. I guess that we have to modify the software in order that it recognize USB port, but to hard for me.
alexandrexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:39   #312
Lucky131

Send a message via MSN to Lucky131 Send a message via Skype™ to Lucky131
YAY Folks ... www.yzh.hk has a new Software to download for the MBITR

http://www.yzh.hk/en_articleshow.asp?articleid=4236

Seems to be new ... allready downloadet it an no problems installing under win7 but no real new stuff .... seems they only edited the .ini like conker to make it run under win7 ^^ .....
Lucky131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:48   #313
alexandrexxx

I tried to download it but I have a kind of pdf file that I can't do work...
alexandrexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:55   #314
Lucky131

Send a message via MSN to Lucky131 Send a message via Skype™ to Lucky131
Pdf??? rly? was a normal WinRar file for me? just tried it a second time and the same .rar?!
Lucky131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 19:42   #315
pforcerecon

I'm just curious, dont' know if this has been mentioned and I apologise if it has, but if I have this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT would it solve any impedance problems or would I still have to switch out the mic on a real comtac for an element version?
pforcerecon is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews