Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TSI Armouries Tar 21

:

Canadian Airsoft News Stand

Old August 17th, 2009, 11:17   #16
Warlock

In short, Airsoft = Replica, Replica = Prohibited. The problem is not you guys, it is the young kids that are playing airsoft in the streets in a stupid manner. There is a lot of incidents involving childrens with airsoft arrested by police officers.
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:30   #17
Warlock

Having an airsoft gun with clear receiver is not permitted because it closely resemble as real firearm and especially those with dark tinted receiver but it is tolerated by the canadian firearms centre. ''Many of these devices need to be assessed case by case. As a general rule, however, those made out of clear plastic and those that are a lot smaller than the real firearm are not prohibited replicas. Those that are brightly coloured might be prohibited, depending on other features''
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:51   #18
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
In short, Airsoft = Replica, Replica = Prohibited. The problem is not you guys, it is the young kids that are playing airsoft in the streets in a stupid manner. There is a lot of incidents involving childrens with airsoft arrested by police officers.
By making them with clear recievers, other retailers buy them up because its now accepted, and those retailers outside of ASC don't care who they sell to. They can also be advertised publicly where minors can view them.

That way, by making them with clear recievers, it now becomes easier for minors to get their hands on them.

You want to prevent it? Don't make it clear. Plain and simple.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 13:38   #19
Warlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
By making them with clear recievers, other retailers buy them up because its now accepted, and those retailers outside of ASC don't care who they sell to. They can also be advertised publicly where minors can view them.

That way, by making them with clear recievers, it now becomes easier for minors to get their hands on them.

Yes I agree, It it just the laws and regulations that makes no sense. I hope this will change.
Old August 17th, 2009, 13:58   #20
Drake
E-01

Quote:
In short, Airsoft = Replica, Replica = Prohibited.
That's not quite accurate. Replicas are prohibited from being imported: CBSA will seize them. Replicas are not prohibited from ownership, so the RCMP isn't going to come knocking at my door for it. Furthermore, guns with a sufficient muzzle velocity become airguns rather than replicas, which is also fully legal.

You mention painting clear receivers: while the clear receivers currently get past CBSA for importation, once you paint them they also fall under replica (Just maybe lower quality, depending on your painting skills).

Transfer of black (including painted) receivers is also prohibited, but it seems the RCMP has chosen not to swoop down on everyone with ads in the ASC classifieds (you're dreaming if you think ASC isn't monitored) -- most likely because we aren't a source of any real headache [yet] and they actually have real crimes to dedicate their limited resources to.

As long as games aren't being held in some public place and no laws are being broken there's little likelyhood you'd see the RCMP or any other law enforcement agency come around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post

I have to agree that clear guns, and to a lesser extent the clear receiver halfbreeds, have allowed for an uncontrolled proliferation of airsoft guns. We just have to look at a lot of the noob posts now to see we have a massive increase in kids who already own a gun.

But at the same time, while they're similar in principal, the clear guns (what we use to refer to as "soft air") and realistic airsoft guns are substantially different both in how they're being used (player and style of play) and how they're being treated by law enforcement and other government agencies.

Most clear gun buyers are on a very limited budget and/or underaged and/or starting off and getting that as their first gun. The players will go out and skirmish for the day, but this isn't the segment of players that's going to invest big money for gear and a dozen locaps and other high end accessories and invest themselves playing in milsim games (except maybe for some of the "first gun" folks who didn't know better, but they'll quickly trade up once they find access to something better).

So really we have two parallel sports developing (wow, didn't I post about this about a year ago?), one of which is really closer to paintball, the other being populated by older and generally more serious players (milsim crowd, old timers, etc)

I have no doubt the folks from RCMP watching this are smart enough to also be making the same distinction. There's a very clear schism in this community with increasing confrontations (both in frequency and intensity) between both factions.

If anything, we almost do need two very separate forums to distinguish both both sides, the same as 5-10 years ago we would have never shared forum space with paintballers, I think the same is happening now with clearsoft.

Last edited by Drake; August 17th, 2009 at 14:01..
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 14:10   #21
Warlock

It is illegal to acquire a replica since december 1 1998. An airgun who closely resemble as a real gun IS a replica.

''As an individual, you may keep any replicas that you owned on December 1, 1998. You do not need a licence to possess a replica firearm and it does not have to be registered. However, you cannot acquire, make or import a replica firearm. If you take a replica firearm out of Canada, you cannot bring it back in.''

I sugest you to read this RCMP web site section:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...plique-eng.htm

There is also 2 things:

1- There is the Law
2- There is the way the law is applied
Old August 17th, 2009, 14:19   #22
Warlock

This is for airgun:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...me_air-eng.htm
Old August 17th, 2009, 14:40   #23
The Saint

This is not an appropriate thread to be rehashing the old and tired topic of legality, Warlock. This ends.
Old August 17th, 2009, 14:41   #24
Warlock

I want to make myself clear; I`m just doing this to help the airsoft community.

I'm currently working with some manufacturers and airsoft importers in Canada to bring more good AEG so we can have a better selection of products LEGALLY availlable in canada. If nobody is interested, it's a complete waste of time for me. so let me know if I'm wrong.
Old August 17th, 2009, 15:04   #25
Drake
E-01

Quote:
It is illegal to acquire a replica since december 1 1998. An airgun who closely resemble as a real gun IS a replica.
This was exactly what I said: import and transfer is illegal (although transfers are currently ignored), possession is legal.

Like Saint said, this has all been discussed to death before.
Old August 18th, 2009, 18:03   #26
vatek

I came to this thread to see a TAR-21, and what I got was a whole lotta fail.
vatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 21:14   #27
Warlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatek View Post
I came to this thread to see a TAR-21, and what I got was a whole lotta fail.
http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/wp-...9/05/tar-r.jpg
http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/wp-...9/05/tar-l.jpg
http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/wp-...tar-cucopy.jpg
Old August 19th, 2009, 21:17   #28
Warlock

A Video of thew real Tavor Tar 21

YouTube - Tavor TAR-21 Assault Rifle
Old August 21st, 2009, 01:03   #29
Armedsask

If that is the TSI version, than holy shit! That thing is bang on!
Armedsask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 04:23   #30
Amoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armedsask View Post
If that is the TSI version, than holy shit! That thing is bang on!
The TSI version is cross-referenced with the blue prints of the real stuff provided by IMI apparently and so is on-scale, and TSI apparently is in the process of securing a contract to produce replica Tavors for training.

I got mine on pre-ordered, can't wait
Amoki is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand