Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

side arm

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 12th, 2011, 13:42   #1
Dart

side arm

So I recently sold my mac 11 that I used as a side arm.

Reason I sold it was, ... not that reliable. Open bolt means crap got in it so you had to have it decocked in a holster, and the mags were a bitch to carry especially in the gun.

As a sniper I want something thats easy to carry, when I pull the trigger I know a BB will come of the barrel. Also if it is loud it better be able to put about 15rps down range.

I have used my buddies mk23 and really like it. How ever I find the high pressure valves on the mags to be a pain, and mags arn't that easy to find for it. Other than that it is an option.

Been looking at a mp9. I know bigger than the mac but more reliable. Just wondering about carry options, I don't think a drop lag for that would be the best option....

Lastly revolvers are starting to look the most promising. Simple, reliable. Yah you don't get a bunch of shots out of them but thats why I was considering the wingun with the speed reloader.

Any other ideas? or comments? A heavy gun is also not ideal as I am already packing around a 22lb rifle.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 13:51   #2
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
KSC Glock 18 is great. Got a tightbore in mine and it outshoots all stock AEGs. Mags are shit simple to find too. Also has a ludicrous ROF when on fully automatic.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 14:00   #3
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Are you still looking for something with auto capabilities? If so the G18 is a good choice, I have seen Sportco rock a AEP and it can do auto as well.

If you are not looing for auto go for a TM 1911 or Hi Capa.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 14:06   #4
Strelok

Cant ever go wrong with anything TM. Just a few upgrade parts and they're incredibly competitive pistols.

Alternatively, I recently purchased a KWA/UMAREX USP45 and i've been in love with it since. I run .30s in it and its almost impossible to miss with the thing up to 150+ ft. It kicks, and its loud too. The magazine capacity is around 28 I think.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 14:28   #5
TaroBear

Every single one of my pistols with the exception of one, (i've had 8, currently have 3) have been TMs. The only issue I've ever had with any of them is that the 1911 doesn't always fire on the second shot, but it's a 15 minute fix with a file. If you're looking for something cost efficient, though, you could look into a KSC or KJ Glock. The KJ ones are workhorses.
Old June 12th, 2011, 14:34   #6
Dart

Full auto would be nice.

I have about a $350-$400 budget. I already have a holster for either a small glock or another one for a 1911 sized pistol... even though it fit my mac-11...

I have used my buddies g18 out here and its pretty fricking nice. The reason why I want something quiet or high volume fire is as most snipers know when someone gets in there MED and they know its do or die you don't want something loud and cumbersome that gives your position away to everyone in the area. I found with my mac 11 one burst of that thing had most people ducking and I could either relocate while they dove for cover or they would just go the opposite direction keeping my cover in tact.

G18 may just fit the bill here. I have used a buddies TM AEP as well, it ALWAYS dies when I need it lol.
Old June 12th, 2011, 14:38   #7
thpethalK
ksuechuc

mp7?? You have the option of GBB or AEG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Saying that you are trying to prevent bad Airsoft publicity while generating negitave Airsoft publicity on a nationally monitored Firearm web site is like fucking for Virginity.
thpethalK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 14:46   #8
Dart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuechuc View Post
mp7?? You have the option of GBB or AEG
that is getting a bit large to slink through the bush with. Don't think I would want to go bigger than an MP9.

oh FYI right now I don't play with any chest rig or vest. I have my DSR-1 and cadpat gear with a surpluss jacket, it holds all the kit I need. So you see why carrying mac 11 mags was a pain.

How ever this jacket does have .... what I believe are... pistol mag pockets? on the top just over the breast. Cantered at a slight angle. They work well for 2 pistol mags, one in the gun, and one in the mag holder on the holster.

not to add mp7 is out of my price range.
Old June 12th, 2011, 14:57   #9
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

KWC has a Desert Eagle with full auto capability. Its extremely loud too.
Old June 12th, 2011, 14:57   #10
ap27

Maybe the TM hicapa xtreme? Or a ksc M93r?

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 15:08   #11
Dart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore
KWC has a Desert Eagle with full auto capability. Its extremely loud too.
Yah that angers me.
Old June 12th, 2011, 15:09   #12
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Yah that angers me.
Ok then, how about just mounting a M203 under your rifle
Old June 12th, 2011, 15:17   #13
AlLeBlanc

A m203 on a bolt action would be rad
AlLeBlanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 15:35   #14
5kull

I used to carry a TM hi-capa 4.3 (shorter then the 5.1) in a Blackhawk (1911) holster on my belt but in the back. Being on the back it doesn't get dirty and it's very secure. You can also keep it under your jacket. I got a lot of kills with it because most players are taken by surprise when you pull it out of thin air. You dont have to push on a button to release it from the holster, so If your on your belly with your rifle and need to react rapidly, it's easy to pull out and make the kill before the other player can react. It's a great rush to make a kill like that
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 15:48   #15
Reckless

mp5k , single point bungee sling with a quick release buckle, weapon catch/hook (or get creative and fashion something of your own) or one of the specific mp5k shoulder rig sling things ...stubby mags(same size as pistol mags)

best thing I can think of for over all multi use effectiveness .. that or a G18C AEP (they actually make reinforced tappet/nozzle units for the breakage prone part.. the only aep with that privilage) ...

G18C GBB's are wicked units ... but they are a dinner bell (spoken for experience)... and will more then likely cool down and get finicky the moment you need it ... the long mags are a pain to carry if your not rigged out . and in a holster the mag tends to get caught on everything ..

anyways .. that's my 2 cents ...

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion