Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Most reliable Gbbr

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 26th, 2012, 00:10   #1
Shrapnel[Op-For]

Most reliable Gbbr

I've been out of the loop for a bit.. thinking of maybe getting back in to play a few games here and there. Any suggestions for a workhorse of a gbbr? Perhaps something ready out of the box? My current thought is a WE m4 + necessary parts to keep it working.. but I see a g36 has also come out since I was gone. All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Shrapnel[Op-For] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 00:11   #2
redzaku

well, you could try your hands on KJworks M4...
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 00:15   #3
Shrapnel[Op-For]

should have mentioned.. Strong blow back and feel is important.. So maybe I'm leaning more towards WE's?
Shrapnel[Op-For] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 00:38   #4
BennyBoy

i got Umarex H&K G36KV by VFC, people complaining it was too loud...lol
blow back not too shabby, too bad you're way out there in the west or you could try it

Last edited by BennyBoy; June 26th, 2012 at 12:32..
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 00:40   #5
BlackBerry

From my personal experience, I recommend the WE M4. Good recoil and will hold over straight out of the box for quite some time. All you really need is an NPAS to adjust the fps and your good to go.

If and when the internals give up, replace it all with RA-TECH parts including trigger group, hop-up, inner-barrel, etc...

Should you find the recoil insufficient, you could try aftermarket buffers that claim to increase the recoil by "70%!!"
BlackBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 03:03   #6
ap27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post
i got Umarex KWA G36KV by VFC, people complaining it was too loud...lol
blow back not too shabby, too bad you're way out there in the west or you could try it
There's no 'KWA' in there. VFC makes the G36KV GBBR, and its licensed by Umarex.

Speaking of KWA, you should take a look at the KWA LM4. So far its been getting good initial reviews.
Out of the tried and tested ones, I'd say a WE with the proper upgrades would fit the bill.

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:19   #7
kullwarrior

Here are the options:

KJW:
(+)Best porven GBBR reliability,
(-) Low Recoil

WE:
(+) Hardest kicking GBBR OOTB
(-) Medicore Reliability

KWA
(+) Appears to be a highly reliabile GBBR if you don't screw around with it (load more than it could hold, adjusting hop improperly)
(-) Medium-High kicking GBBR, Lots of pripiertary parts (non-compatiable with WA, WE or AR-15

Inokatsu/Viper (WA System)
(+) Best External material OOTB, High kicking GBBR
(-) Poor reliability, Poor gas efficiency

G36...
WE G39 vs Umarex's Version G36 is a bit unclear, most folks who had VFC/Umarex said it VFC was better in general but slightly less kicking.
Old June 26th, 2012, 06:26   #8
Swattiger

Anyone has experience with G&P WOC?
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 09:15   #9
MultipleParadox

I've been reading quite a lot about the KWA's LM4 since yesterday as I just bought the one from the classifieds (eager to get it now! first GBBR I'll get :P)

Reviews and what not seems to say it is indeed reliable
Some people (maybe 4-5 mags out of 10, so arguably "few to a lot") had issues of very slow leaks from the output valve which is easily fixable using a ValveKey, cleaning and oiling it up.

As for the recoil, there's a discussion on Kwa's forum about the Angry Gun recoil kit (which breaks the bolt) but where some guys uses RS buffer/springs with good results.

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 09:40   #10
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrapnel[Op-For] View Post
I've been out of the loop for a bit.. thinking of maybe getting back in to play a few games here and there. Any suggestions for a workhorse of a gbbr? Perhaps something ready out of the box? My current thought is a WE m4 + necessary parts to keep it working.. but I see a g36 has also come out since I was gone. All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
In my opinion there are no such thing as a reliable GBBR, unless you have a buttload of cash to spend on custom fabricating parts from steel. GBBR is essentially 90% accurate replica of a real gun with pot metal and as such the word reliable, accurate and precision are non existent. The best GBBR I've seen and shoot was a custom GBBR from a custom shop in HK which itself is essentially 100% custom with custom fabricated CNC parts, the cost itself is equal to 8 real steel Kimber pistols.

As far as our accepted tolerance of reliability with GBBR well the KJW, WE, G&P WOC and the newer Daytona gun is the top performers and even then some cash is required to make it "reliable"
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 10:03   #11
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattiger View Post
Anyone has experience with G&P WOC?
I had it as first GBBR, its better than most WA system out there. Still has a lot of flaws (I would prefer KWA LM4 over it if I had to choose)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
In my opinion there are no such thing as a reliable GBBR, unless you have a buttload of cash to spend on custom fabricating parts from steel.
It doesn't take a boatload of money to make WE, KJW or KWA reliable. We all hear people bring 'backup' AEG...makes me wonder how AEG much more reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post
I've been reading quite a lot about the KWA's LM4 since yesterday as I just bought the one from the classifieds (eager to get it now! first GBBR I'll get :P)
The major issue with KWA are
1) loading 41 rounds to a 40 round magazine
-> BB crushed, misfeed, doublefeed, feedlips damaged, follower damaged
2) Improper use of Hop-up tool
-> Hop up dial's teeth stripping
3) Gas mag leak
-> Drop like 15 drops of AI gas oil into make, tighten up the release valve. Problem solve 99% on first try.
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:05   #12
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
In my opinion there are no such thing as a reliable GBBR, unless you have a buttload of cash to spend on custom fabricating parts from steel. GBBR is essentially 90% accurate replica of a real gun with pot metal and as such the word reliable, accurate and precision are non existent. The best GBBR I've seen and shoot was a custom GBBR from a custom shop in HK which itself is essentially 100% custom with custom fabricated CNC parts, the cost itself is equal to 8 real steel Kimber pistols.

As far as our accepted tolerance of reliability with GBBR well the KJW, WE, G&P WOC and the newer Daytona gun is the top performers and even then some cash is required to make it "reliable"
LOL I think you're very ignorant on GBBR's. You try any of these guns? You have full builds?

Don't take all that much to make an AEG-reliable (or even more, given the ease with which you can check all the components) WE GBBR.

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:30   #13
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

I always suggest a WE AR as a first choice. While there are bugs from time to time most of the info on how to fix those problems are out.

For a WE I highly suggest with the exception of a Npas you keep the stock parts until something breaks. Then change all the internals to steel.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:36   #14
Aper
E-30

They key to proper realibity towards a GBBR is like a RS rifle; maintenance and proper cleaning and lubing.

I own a WE, and I love it.

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:36   #15
BennyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap27 View Post
There's no 'KWA' in there. VFC makes the G36KV GBBR, and its licensed by Umarex.

Speaking of KWA, you should take a look at the KWA LM4. So far its been getting good initial reviews.
Out of the tried and tested ones, I'd say a WE with the proper upgrades would fit the bill.
hahaha, you're right....was cleaning my KWA MK23....meant to say Umarex
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion