Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Funker tactical Airsoft review?

:

General

Old June 23rd, 2013, 09:27   #1
Funker-Tactical

Funker tactical Airsoft review?

Just curious if you guys think there is place for Funker Tactical to do vids involving Airsoft? The majority of our videos are directed towards mil and Leo
Funker-Tactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 09:46   #2
Aj619

Airsofters do use alot of the gear you feature and some even use the optics featured aswell but I would be more concerned with how your current user base would react to even the mention of airsoft gear.
Aj619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 10:00   #3
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Would be cool, but you'd risk losing a good amount of your current viewer base. Too many people get insulted by the existence of airsoft regardless of the training applications.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 10:02   #4
Aj619

You could always make a separate channel although it maybe hard to manage 3 channels at once.
Aj619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 11:06   #5
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

If your not worried about your veiwer base than go rate ahead. But some of us would be interested regardless as we like real gear anyway (and see such real gear as a better investment)
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 11:29   #6
HeadlessChicken

I think it would be a nice idea if you make a separate channel. Lots of real steel shooters don't like us airsofters and in some light, I can understand why but trying to convince them to get along with us is like trying to get a shark to not bite off my bleeding finger. The temptation to trash talk us down is too great for a lot of them.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 11:34   #7
tygr701
"Back to you, Bob!"

Send a message via MSN to tygr701
absolutely if you used your funker tactical channel or made a separate one it would be a good idea.

TEAM MSF CHANNELS:
YouTube - Facebook - ASC - Instagram

Si vis pacem, para bellum
tygr701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 12:03   #8
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

I would definitely be interested in seeing that, it would go a long way to promote positive awareness of airsoft.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 12:36   #9
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Do it up. You could always do an intro in the video stating how the video is airsoft/MILSIM related and should you have an issue with that, then the video isn't for you, or something similar. It is your channel after all and doing an airsoft related video here and there in between all of the other videos you post shouldn't deter anyone. If it indeed does, then they're silly bitches to begin with. It's your channel and your interests that you're relaying to your viewers. Any true fan of you or your channel shouldn't care.

Frankly I know most of us ASC members all watch your videos and you're pretty well known throughout the community. You could always add in some high quality game play footage pulled off of YouTube and other sites of people in-game actually executing good movement, strategy, etc to demonstrate that it's not like doing a speed-ball game. Just a couple thoughts.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 12:36   #10
Derpystronk

I would say don't muddy the brand. While a lot of Airsofters will enjoy watching videos regarding actual firearms, that street doesn't seem to run two ways. If your target demographic is Civ. Shooters/MIL/LEO, they won't enjoy a straight up Airsoft review in the least bit.

Also video gun reviews tend to not do much. Most of us wait for that really long forum post to get posted somewhere on the internet fully breaking down every little bit and piece of the gun in minute detail.

Two ways to handle this are:

Simply do reviews on real products that have Airsoft relevance. You can easily do reviews on a number of products such as weapon optics, helmets, eye pro, night vision, etc and always present it as it would apply to your target demographic. Airsofters will watch regardless of if you use the word "Airsoft" at any point in the view. We are used to taking the real world application of a product and interpreting it to our own needs. There is no real reason to allude to it's "Airsoft applications" if you do it right.

If you are dead set on more Airsoft oriented content, such as reviewing lower grade gear, Airsoft exclusive products and guns... I would suggest making a new channel to facilitate that. I don't think anyone would look down on you guys for doing a "Funker Airsoft" off shoot, especially if you aren't shoving it down their throats. Sure you might agitate that one guy who hates the very existence of Airsoft, but who cares about him anyways?

Nothing wrong with catering to multiple niche markets. Just don't try and mix them too much or else no one will be happy.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 12:56   #11
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

You could always sneak the word Airsoft into the description once or twice and add it to the search tags fir your vids and see how/if people react.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 16:16   #12
Funker-Tactical

I was thinking something along the lines of ptws and their training value as an alternative to real steel all the time the issue is cost right now For high end Airsoft guns that mil or Leo people feel they would be fit from using. Cause everything pretty much comes out of my pocket
Funker-Tactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 16:19   #13
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

There's hundreds of airsoft reviewers online..Thousands even. Stick to your current model bro..you've got a good thing going. Just sayin.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 17:18   #14
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Interesting, I didn't know funker tactical was on ASC. I like your channel. Please keep it to military vids. There are already enough airsoft reviewers. I personally enjoy your channel because its primary focused on military video.s
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 19:34   #15
HeadlessChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funker-Tactical View Post
I was thinking something along the lines of ptws and their training value as an alternative to real steel all the time the issue is cost right now For high end Airsoft guns that mil or Leo people feel they would be fit from using. Cause everything pretty much comes out of my pocket
Interesting, there should be value behind it for both of us. Heck even Travis Haley did a 10min Youtube stint on the value of airsoft for mil, LEO, and civilian shooters. As long as it doesn't come off as a sales pitch for Systema then it'll work. If you can even score an interview with someone using airsoft for training purposes would be an added bonus.

Brian, care to chime in?
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General