Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Good full seal goggles that still allow me to ADS

:

Gear Discussion

Old April 23rd, 2013, 20:15   #1
Thebrick534

Good full seal goggles that still allow me to ADS

Hey guys, I was looking into getting some low profile full seal goggles that would still allow me to aim down sights even with a mesh mask. I'm currently using mesh goggles but really don't want to take the chance in case of high quality bb's. Can you guys recommend a goggle that does this job but isn't also too heafty on the price tag.
Thebrick534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 20:45   #2
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Ess profile. 100 bucks or so new 25-45 used/surplus.
They are much lower profile then your average pb goggle or the mesh goggles i have (that are about the same as jt pb goggles found at crappy tire)
http://www.esseyepro.com/Profile-NVG....html?color=23
Check army issue for used. Or ask your local surplus shop
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:42   #3
CookedChestnuts

Yeah, eBay has some vendors selling used ESS goggles, like these:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ESS-PROFILE-S...#ht_924wt_1397

Make sure they're the NV profile, as hectic said to aim down your sights/optic. Now you can also get a version with a fan preinstalled for a premium price, assemble your own fan, or use defogging agents. I recommend getting a fan if you sweat, because the goggles will trap the heat in it will get sweaty and irritating.
CookedChestnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:37   #4
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
If you want the best pair of goggles on the market and a pair you will NEVER have to replace, get the Smith Optics OTW deluxe set. Its $160ish before tax at Tactical Products Canada. They have a built in turbofan and batter box and Smith Optics are the guys who patented the turbofan, so its the most efficient, and most importantly the quietest turbofan on the market. Two power setting, 4 hour auto-shut-off, and about ten to twelve hours of gameplay before having to change your two AAAs. The deluxe set comes with three different lenses, MOLLE carry pouch, lenses sleeves, the works. These are very low profile profile as far as full seals go and they have great field of view. Hands down the best you will buy.
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:45   #5
Repeat

I second the Smith Optics OTW turbo fans goggles. Best investment I made. I never have fogging issues. For a lower profile try the Smith Optics Boggie Regulators. A little FogTech and little to no fogging.

Level 2 sniper certified / night operator
Repeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 16:06   #6
Zack The Ripper

^I have the SO Boogies as well and they are only best used with a helmet adapter as with the strap it becomes too tight and uncomfortable for extended play and will actually chaff leaving a big red goggle line for a day or two around your eyes. They don't fog with me as I use C-Clear on everything I own, however you still will get "sweaty lens" from time to time (instead of a fog spread the condensation will bead and roll down the lens, obscuring your vision just as much.

This all said, for running NODs/NVGs the boogies are the best hands down, however you will want to lather on the anti fog and keep moving to allow for air flow and avoid condensation. If you are looking for a pair you can use universally, the SO OTWs are hands down the best eye pro you can buy.
Old April 24th, 2013, 17:02   #7
Jbone 11 11

What about the Wiley X Sg-1? Not sure if you'd consider it "full seal" but they fit pretty snug and are about as low profile as you can get with a goggle. $70 on Amazon.ca

Wiley X SG-1 V Cut Smoke Grey/Clear/Matte Black Goggles 70: Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 20:11   #8
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
If you wear a helmet and a lower mesh mask, low profile goggles look ridiculous. And we all know that airsoft is a fashion show for men. The lower mesh unless it miraculously actually fits your face doesn't really work that well with low profile lenses I find.

That is from my experience and is my opinion. If you like the look of the low profile so be it. I would still recommend a pair of Revisions tho. The desert locust is nice. I hate the fans, even if it is the "quietest" on the market you still hear and feel the vibrations from it. Think of it as a low volume mosquito in your ear all day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 21:23   #9
rogue 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
If you wear a helmet and a lower mesh mask, low profile goggles look ridiculous. And we all know that airsoft is a fashion show for men. The lower mesh unless it miraculously actually fits your face doesn't really work that well with low profile lenses I find.

That is from my experience and is my opinion. If you like the look of the low profile so be it. I would still recommend a pair of Revisions tho. The desert locust is nice. I hate the fans, even if it is the "quietest" on the market you still hear and feel the vibrations from it. Think of it as a low volume mosquito in your ear all day.
yep ..i agree i have revision 'bullet ant''love em//
rogue 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 09:45   #10
Zack The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
I hate the fans, even if it is the "quietest" on the market you still hear and feel the vibrations from it. Think of it as a low volume mosquito in your ear all day.
When I say they're the quietest, I mean they are silent. Yes, silent. I wear ComTacs and only hear the fan on the second highest and highest volume settings, which, let's face it, nobody needs it that high. I have a couple team mates that use the locust goggles as well. They work well most times but do fog periodically. They are slightly lower profile though which is a plus.
Old April 26th, 2013, 10:53   #11
sureshot42

What about the revision exoshield?
sureshot42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 12:28   #12
Zack The Ripper

I've used them as well. Essentially the same thing as the SmithOptics Boogie Regulator, except the Exoshield has no ventilation, so thus it fogs way more, making the Boogies better from the get go. I have even spoken with Revision regarding the Exoshield after I tried mine and they stated that they are not really meant for a soldier doing vigorous activity. They are more for vehicle drivers and support crew (air and ground) that have the need for NVG use. Its also a popular goggle set for parajumping. Edit: They are used in daytime as well with vehicle crews and are used by the conventional soldier/SF soldier, however are not a popular choice for high intensity activity for the reasons stated above.

In a nut shell they're a slightly less efficient version of the Boogie Regulators. Not worth the money IMO.

Last edited by Zack The Ripper; April 26th, 2013 at 12:51..
Zack The Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 15:41   #13
Thebrick534

I think the I might go with the exoshields or bullet ants. They seem pretty good and I can always get anti-fog wipes/solution if fog becomes a problem.
Thebrick534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 23:52   #14
darkshift

http://www.bbbastard.com/eyepro.html

Dirt cheap and reliable EYEPRO.

It's just nice when you can get ammo and protective gear in one place.
darkshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 01:29   #15
buttonsHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshift View Post
http://www.bbbastard.com/eyepro.html

Dirt cheap and reliable EYEPRO.

It's just nice when you can get ammo and protective gear in one place.
Was just about to post that link. Haha

I have the Go Specs II ad they're fantastic.
buttonsHT is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion