Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Revision ExoShield's: Best Full Seal Eye protection yet?

:

Gear Discussion

Old November 29th, 2011, 20:15   #46
technosnob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma_ View Post
Hmm..I wonder if making slits in the foam like the Bolle's would help prevent the moisture build up?
I think I have found a little project to do this weekend. Let's see, dremmel, masking tape, steady hand. Lol

I gotta chance to use...well not really use mine this weekend. After 15-20 minutes I was pretty much blind. They are super sexy and it would be a shame to try and not fix them. Right?
technosnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 21:43   #47
ShadowNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by technosnob View Post
I think I have found a little project to do this weekend. Let's see, dremmel, masking tape, steady hand. Lol

I gotta chance to use...well not really use mine this weekend. After 15-20 minutes I was pretty much blind. They are super sexy and it would be a shame to try and not fix them. Right?
Didjoo have the anti-fog wipes applied? Or does it not affect the condensation?
Old November 29th, 2011, 22:20   #48
krap101

Quote:

Did you try the wipes that came with them? They solved most of the problems I've had... while sitting at my desk :P.

Also considering these things are rated to block 9mm and buckshot... we could try adding vents into the lens...
Old November 29th, 2011, 22:38   #49
ShadowNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by krap101 View Post
Did you try the wipes that came with them? They solved most of the problems I've had... while sitting at my desk :P.

Also considering these things are rated to block 9mm and buckshot... we could try adding vents into the lens...
True... but wouldn't that have an effect on the lens's integrity? there may be the "mesh goggle" issue too.
Old November 29th, 2011, 22:44   #50
krap101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowNet View Post
True... but wouldn't that have an effect on the lens's integrity? there may be the "mesh goggle" issue too.
The only things you need to worry about are windex and rainx and other sprays etc that use ammonia as the "carrying" solvent. The wipes are dry if I remember correctly, or are alcohol based or something else safe for lenses (that's why they came with them).
Old November 29th, 2011, 23:23   #51
ShadowNet

Quote:
The only things you need to worry about are windex and rainx and other sprays etc that use ammonia as the "carrying" solvent. The wipes are dry if I remember correctly, or are alcohol based or something else safe for lenses (that's why they came with them).
Sorry I meant that drilling holes into the lens could adversely affect its structural integrity. and if BBs shatter, they have a risk of entering.
Old November 30th, 2011, 00:53   #52
krap101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowNet View Post
Sorry I meant that drilling holes into the lens could adversely affect its structural integrity. and if BBs shatter, they have a risk of entering.
Oh, I meant cut slits rather than drill holes, which would be quite a bit better. I brought up the shotgun shot and bullets as an example of the strength of the material, to show that, for airsoft, the safety margin is enormous.

As to bb's shattering, I don't think bb's would shatter against the polycarbonate, but there is a possibility that the bb would hit a rock or concrete, shatter, and enter the goggles, but it loses much of its energy here, but there is still some danger. One of my friends was wearing flakjaks without the vents, and a bb somehow got inside. It bounced around a few times, but I don't think he was hurt in any way. IMO, full seal is overrated, and decent shooting glasses, with a band, would solve any fogging issues and if they're like the sawfly's, they'll offer the same protection.

But for the exoshields, I believe the wipes will solve any fogging issues, but condensation is still something that could be a problem (as mentioned earlier in the thread)

Oh, and for the silica gel packs, I think you can use one to fill the nose gap (I'm asian so I have a pinkie sized one, but it might still be there), and it can serve a dual purpose.

Last edited by krap101; November 30th, 2011 at 01:02..
krap101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 12:15   #53
ShadowNet

Quote:
Oh, I meant cut slits rather than drill holes, which would be quite a bit better. I brought up the shotgun shot and bullets as an example of the strength of the material, to show that, for airsoft, the safety margin is enormous.

As to bb's shattering, I don't think bb's would shatter against the polycarbonate, but there is a possibility that the bb would hit a rock or concrete, shatter, and enter the goggles, but it loses much of its energy here, but there is still some danger. One of my friends was wearing flakjaks without the vents, and a bb somehow got inside. It bounced around a few times, but I don't think he was hurt in any way. IMO, full seal is overrated, and decent shooting glasses, with a band, would solve any fogging issues and if they're like the sawfly's, they'll offer the same protection.

But for the exoshields, I believe the wipes will solve any fogging issues, but condensation is still something that could be a problem (as mentioned earlier in the thread)

Oh, and for the silica gel packs, I think you can use one to fill the nose gap (I'm asian so I have a pinkie sized one, but it might still be there), and it can serve a dual purpose.
Haha I'm asian too, but I have the nose bridge most caucasians have.
Old November 30th, 2011, 13:13   #54
MaciekA

Hi guys,

I picked these up and found that they fogged up after about 20 minutes.

The included wipe helps a little bit, but the effect doesn't last. I will try them with Fogtech, but I'm not expecting miracles as I haven't yet been able to get Fogtech to work reliably, especially on smaller-sized goggles (Fogtech didn't work at all on my ESS Advancers, for example).

In the meantime, I'd like to know what people are using to clean these goggles. What's the safest, most-ultra-paranoid way to clean these goggles and guarantee no scratching of the lens? Cotton balls? What are you guys using as a liquid?
MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 14:03   #55
krap101

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
Hi guys,

I picked these up and found that they fogged up after about 20 minutes.

The included wipe helps a little bit, but the effect doesn't last. I will try them with Fogtech, but I'm not expecting miracles as I haven't yet been able to get Fogtech to work reliably, especially on smaller-sized goggles (Fogtech didn't work at all on my ESS Advancers, for example).

In the meantime, I'd like to know what people are using to clean these goggles. What's the safest, most-ultra-paranoid way to clean these goggles and guarantee no scratching of the lens? Cotton balls? What are you guys using as a liquid?
Although I haven't gamed these yet, so I can't offer a "field" review, but I've worn them for awhile, and the wipes seem to do their job pretty well (I suppose I could go for a run in them or something...)

For cleaning, there was a microfiber cloth included, and that's what you should use to clean. don't use paper towels or cotton balls, as the fibers will scratch the lens and eventually lead to a "crazing" effect. Unless you get some sort of oil on the lens, water should work pretty well.
Old November 30th, 2011, 14:50   #56
technosnob

Quote:

I didn't get any wipes with mine!!!
Old November 30th, 2011, 15:03   #57
krap101

Quote:
I didn't get any wipes with mine!!!
Oh, mine came with one wipe of these

http://www.revisionmilitary.com/stor...fog-cloth.html
Old December 14th, 2011, 03:52   #58
makinitbig

Anyone try dremeling a few slits into these yet? or find a effective way to control fog on them?

I really want to pick up a pair but am concerned with the fogging issues.

makinitbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 05:35   #59
tunabreath

I put some fogtech on 'em and went running a week ago, an hour and a half at -2, zero fog. When I got home, I managed to pour a couple of mL of condensed water out of the bottom of the seal.
Old December 14th, 2011, 11:24   #60
technosnob

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinitbig View Post
Anyone try dremeling a few slits into these yet? or find a effective way to control fog on them?

I really want to pick up a pair but am concerned with the fogging issues.

I took the dremmel tool to the foam seal on mine but I haven't used them yet.

I have a game Friday night....I will report back with an update.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion