Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M1911 Holster

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 3rd, 2008, 21:13   #1
Jiggiwatt

M1911 Holster

I have a WE 1911 and a flecktarn loadout. I'm finding the standard issue flecktarn drop-leg doesn't hold a 1911 very well. I get a lot of movement, poor balance and the second I remove the retention strap the gun will fall out of the holster if I don't catch it fast enough.

Anyone have a personal favourite for 1911 holsters ? I'd love flecktarn, but I'll probably have to settle for OD.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 21:34   #2
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
I've got a Safariland with the Kydex molded holster (I think it's molded anyway... it's shaped specifically for the 1911) and I love it. Keeps the pistol secure, has the nice rounded shroud on your leg, you get a sweet sound every time you holster the weapon...

And it looks cool.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 22:28   #3
zone 69

I got this one and my TM 1911 fits really snug and you wont lose the mag out of the gun ether.
::::http://cgi.ebay.com/Survival-MOLLE-H...QQcmdZViewItem
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 23:16   #4
Jiggiwatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone 69 View Post
I got this one and my TM 1911 fits really snug and you wont lose the mag out of the gun ether.
::::http://cgi.ebay.com/Survival-MOLLE-H...QQcmdZViewItem
I like, but a drop-leg is the only kind of holster which will work with my rig. I'm not using a modular vest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
I've got a Safariland with the Kydex molded holster (I think it's molded anyway... it's shaped specifically for the 1911) and I love it. Keeps the pistol secure, has the nice rounded shroud on your leg, you get a sweet sound every time you holster the weapon...

And it looks cool.
I was looking at these, but didn't know how well they'd work. Know where to find them ?
Old May 3rd, 2008, 23:20   #5
Amos

Screw all that stuff and get yourself a blackhawk.

They're the most amazing holsters I've ever seen / used.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 01:03   #6
swatt13
Captain Awesome

i got the serpa from huang and its a pretty nice holster, id reccommend that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 02:17   #7
redhawk_six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggiwatt View Post
I was looking at these, but didn't know how well they'd work. Know where to find them ?
Are you kidding, the 6004 is only regarded as one of the best tactical drop leg holsters in the world....

Seriously, for my money, 6004 gets the win everytime. They don't move around on your leg, they hold the gun very well, no need to worry about triping the mag release. They'll also take a lot of punishment. If you want a buckle on the leg strap, get the 6004, then get the buckle kit, dont buy the 6005. For some reason, I found the 6005 to be half the holster the 6004 is, the leg straps on mine kept working their way lose all the time some how... never had that problem with the 6004.
redhawk_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 10:55   #8
Sergeantmajor

the hell with your space plastic. get yourself a real 1911 holster.

Sergeantmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 10:57   #9
Yuxi
Retired

There is ups and downs for everything.

The SERPA is great since the price is cheap, while at the same time it looks great.
I would highly recomend it, even over the 6004 if your purpose is just game play.

As for the 6004 series, yes, they are great.
The price however is very high.
At the same time, not everyone finds the shroud piece comfortable, with many resorting to cutting off the upper portions of the shroud and removing the first strap so as to make the holster a high-ride instead.
Yuxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 19:16   #10
Jiggiwatt

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll look into the 6004 and the Serpa and make my decision. Do either come in a left hand configuration as well ? With a single stack, I figure I may need dual 1911's just in case
Old May 4th, 2008, 22:13   #11
Yuxi
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggiwatt View Post
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll look into the 6004 and the Serpa and make my decision. Do either come in a left hand configuration as well ? With a single stack, I figure I may need dual 1911's just in case
Both models are offered in left or right handed options.
Yuxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 22:34   #12
Jiggiwatt

I found two prices so far...

Safariland 6004 : $109.99
Blackhawk Serpa : $123.99

Does that seem about right ? Considering it's only a $14 difference (assuming shipping is roughly equal), then I'll rule out price being a factor. Performance wise is this strictly a matter of opinion, or is there a consensus ?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion