Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tokyo Model Company Reputable?

:

General

Old May 5th, 2014, 00:24   #16
KrissVector
Banned

absolute CRAP company. will never buy again

First post. Joined all the airsoft forums JUST to spread the word about these crooks. I own a kriss vector carbine (real steel). There arent a lot of after market parts for the vector yet... so a lot of guys buy airsoft components because they will be just fine for the most part. so the story is this:

Bought a kriss vector m4 stock adapter and buffer tube from http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ shipping was fairly quick considering its coming from asia. the problem happened when i tried to assemble the pieces together. ive worked with guns for many years and im a refrigeration mechanic by trade so i know how to use tools and assemble components. when i screwed the retaining screw into the adapter the screw snapped.... i was doing it by hand... how the hell does a screw snap when doing it up by hand. the worst part was the screw was snapped so deep in the adapter it would need to be drilled out. i contacted tokyo model and sent them pictures and stated what happened. the replied and basically said it was my own fault and too bad. i told them i expected them to send another adapter. they said no and too bad and that i obviously used too much force and snapped the screw... i replied telling them i was doing it up by hand and the screw was either cheap or defective and as a result the adapter isnt usable and will need to be drilled out. they replied again saying too bad and i could BUY another one and try again!!! I told them i was going to file a complaint and go onto forums and complain and they said and i quote "go ahead". so thats what im doing. im spreading the word to everyone who will listen..... DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE MOTHER F$#%^& unless you want some cheap china crap that will break and they wont back up anything they sell. i paid with my credit card so ill be sure to file a complaint with the card company as well and get the charges reversed hopefully. all included with shipping i paid nearly $100 for something i cannnot use unless i purchase another adapter. luckily i found some metal ones on ebay. i attempted to drill out the screw but it wasnt successful. i center tapped the broken screw, put it into a drill press vice, put the drill on a low rpm and used cutting oil. the idea was to drill a hole and use an Easy out to extract the screw. well it didnt go to plan. the polymer heated up dispite the low rpm and use of cutting fluid. the polymer cracked. the piece is 100% useless now.

I'm very angry with the lack of customer service and the shyt product not to mention the rude emails in broken english.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (88.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (134.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.JPG (111.4 KB, 28 views)
KrissVector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 01:10   #17
redzaku

So you revived a six year old thread, and you are using an airsoft stock adaptor for a real steel gun? That is chambered in .45 acp, even though you have it on, the thing is going to break regardless...
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 09:08   #18
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
I dealt with these guys, and they were super friendly, and shipped quite fast.

They even took pictures before the shipped the product, lol.

Also, lul @ airsoft parts on a real-steel gun.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 09:18   #19
redneck12

When you finally get your airsoft parts on your RS Vector, make sure you film it, there is a reason airsoft parts are for airsoft only and you will find out the hard way. Your better off using your AS part as a template and getting a friend with a machine shop to fabricate you a part.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 09:41   #20
pugs144

KrissVector: Thank you for the Monday morning LOLz. I'm willing to bet you've made a similar thread at CGN and have been equally ridiculed.
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 10:06   #21
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissVector View Post
First post. Joined all the airsoft forums JUST to spread the word about these crooks. I own a kriss vector carbine (real steel). There arent a lot of after market parts for the vector yet... so a lot of guys buy airsoft components because they will be just fine for the most part. so the story is this:

Bought a kriss vector m4 stock adapter and buffer tube from http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ shipping was fairly quick considering its coming from asia. the problem happened when i tried to assemble the pieces together. ive worked with guns for many years and im a refrigeration mechanic by trade so i know how to use tools and assemble components. when i screwed the retaining screw into the adapter the screw snapped.... i was doing it by hand... how the hell does a screw snap when doing it up by hand. the worst part was the screw was snapped so deep in the adapter it would need to be drilled out. i contacted tokyo model and sent them pictures and stated what happened. the replied and basically said it was my own fault and too bad. i told them i expected them to send another adapter. they said no and too bad and that i obviously used too much force and snapped the screw... i replied telling them i was doing it up by hand and the screw was either cheap or defective and as a result the adapter isnt usable and will need to be drilled out. they replied again saying too bad and i could BUY another one and try again!!! I told them i was going to file a complaint and go onto forums and complain and they said and i quote "go ahead". so thats what im doing. im spreading the word to everyone who will listen..... DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE MOTHER F$#%^& unless you want some cheap china crap that will break and they wont back up anything they sell. i paid with my credit card so ill be sure to file a complaint with the card company as well and get the charges reversed hopefully. all included with shipping i paid nearly $100 for something i cannnot use unless i purchase another adapter. luckily i found some metal ones on ebay. i attempted to drill out the screw but it wasnt successful. i center tapped the broken screw, put it into a drill press vice, put the drill on a low rpm and used cutting oil. the idea was to drill a hole and use an Easy out to extract the screw. well it didnt go to plan. the polymer heated up dispite the low rpm and use of cutting fluid. the polymer cracked. the piece is 100% useless now.

I'm very angry with the lack of customer service and the shyt product not to mention the rude emails in broken english.

LOL. Saving this for posterity.

you're putting airsoft components on realsteel guns and you're hoping the structure holds up? Dude. Where do I.. what do I... how the fuck do I shot web.
Old May 5th, 2014, 18:34   #22
ARC-74
Can't Aim worth a damn!! old lady gives me heck for missing the toilet all the time.

Screws break, it happens. Whether they're from the hardware store or from an airsoft part. It has happened to me several times using screwdrivers by hand.
I've never had a problem with TMC customer service and will order from them again in the future.
I honestly can't see fault on their part, they shipped you the part quickly , you got it, then broke it. I won't comment further about intending to use it on RS, the posts above mine have said enough on that.
ARC-74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 19:05   #23
e-luder

lol.

This is like saying you bought your favorite Transformer toy, opened it and broke it trying to transform him into vehicle mode. So you go back to Toys R Us hoping that they'll give you another one because YOU broke it. But you lnow they wont. lol.
If US retailers arent even doing it, why would you expect someone who is half a world away to do it?

Spoiled brat.

My favourite Transformer toy was always Megs in his G1 gun form.
None of these new age crap. Although... His Beast Wars iterations were pretty badass. His transmetal T-Rex was pretty unique.

Man if you bought the Masterpiece version of him, he's like impossible to transform into gun mode...

Moral of the story is:
Transformers = best toys ever made (debateable tho...)
Old May 5th, 2014, 19:17   #24
e-luder

oh.

Just because you've mastered the English language, doesnt mean that the rest of th world did. broken english, is the best they got. Be glad that they've at least made an attempt to speak to you in YOUR native tongue. Some overseas retailers wont even look at your email once the order has been paid for....
Old May 5th, 2014, 19:26   #25
ARC-74
Can't Aim worth a damn!! old lady gives me heck for missing the toilet all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
lol.

This is like saying you bought your favorite Transformer toy, opened it and broke it trying to transform him into vehicle mode. So you go back to Toys R Us hoping that they'll give you another one because YOU broke it. But you lnow they wont. lol.
If US retailers arent even doing it, why would you expect someone who is half a world away to do it?

Spoiled brat.

My favourite Transformer toy was always Megs in his G1 gun form.
None of these new age crap. Although... His Beast Wars iterations were pretty badass. His transmetal T-Rex was pretty unique.

Man if you bought the Masterpiece version of him, he's like impossible to transform into gun mode...

Moral of the story is:
Transformers = best toys ever made (debateable tho...)
Me thinks he may have had Go-Bots, not the "real" Transformers
ARC-74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 19:39   #26
Chiba

I'm just surprised why he's putting an airsoft part on a real steel...
Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 19:45   #27
scottyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC-74 View Post
Me thinks he may have had Go-Bots, not the "real" Transformers
Easy! Go-Bots were awesome. Leader One especially.
http://www.collegehumor.com/video/33...s-go-hollywood for laughs.

scottyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 20:22   #28
Chromey
Whiny Attention Whore

Strange how some people get mad at cheap airsoft parts that wont work on realsteel.

You are a tool, That simple. Fridge repair is not building a gun Or gives you the right too say your mechanically capable of even handling a real gun.

Im a pressure vassal welder, Does this mean I can mend a spine?
Old May 5th, 2014, 21:02   #29
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

maybe he went to the starfleet school of engineering.
Old May 5th, 2014, 22:37   #30
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
This idiot isn't for real is he...?????

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General