Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE M14 EBR - thoughts?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 25th, 2014, 02:22   #1
Crimzzen

WE M14 EBR - thoughts?

Hello, I'm looking to possibly build a GBB DMR. I like the cut of the m14 ebr but they are pretty pricey so I'm curious as to the general thought on em? Are they reliable? Do they have any known issues? Are RA-Tech upgrades worth it? Can I find em in Canada easily? How do they compare to a bolt action rifle? I have a TM vsr10 with a full laylax internal upgrade. Would the WE be able to get similar performance? I like the sound and recoil on the m14.

Basically looking for your personal experiences!
Thanks
Crimzzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 02:54   #2
redzaku

one question to be asked, is that can you carry it?
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 03:31   #3
sundae_1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzaku View Post
one question to be asked, is that can you carry it?
Assuming he can carry it...... (Back to his questions)

HATERS GONNA HATE
sundae_1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 09:09   #4
Chromey
Whiny Attention Whore

Im a EBR fan, And a DMR lover.

I cant comment on the we EBR, But I can say that the G@G EBR is a beast on the field.
They are heavy, So use a sling.

They do sell them in Canada, So if your looking, PM me and ill send you the link to the company that sells them.
Im not sure if I can post a non-sponsor link here.
Old January 25th, 2014, 09:29   #5
hot_shot under fire
AKA M700murder

First off I'll say that I personally don't own the WE M14 EBR, however I have a friend who does.

He has had numerous problems with little bits and pieces breaking fairly early on (Before the typical WE 6,000 rounds through the gun before something breaks from basic wear-and-tear) Just about everything that has broken there are replacement parts, it's just a matter of sourcing them that can be an issue.

Performance wise don't expect much from it. Is it fun to shoot? Yes! But my WE HK416 without any upgrades and a 10.5" CQB Barrel can out-range it, is more consistent and accurate. Go on youtube and you'll see plenty of reviews with people complaining about broken parts and poor performance coming from the WE M14 EBR.

If you want accuracy, good performance and reliability, stick with an AEG or a Bolt Action. If you want something that is fun, requires regular maintenance and is more realistic, get a GBBR. 9 times out of 10 an AEG or Bolt Action will out-range and be more accurate then a GBBR. If you're going the DMR rout, get an AEG version of the M14 EBR.
hot_shot under fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 10:33   #6
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Definitely go the AEG route for your first gun. GBBRs are a more advanced style of gun, and require heavier maintenance and experience to successfully run.

WE M14 out of the box is accurate, heavy, and realistic. It runs especially well on green gas, and although the open bolt system is loud and realistic, it doesn't help in the stealth department. This gun will literally wear your arms out in just a few hours, unless your quite fit. I also recommend the Socom version unless your taller; as in 6'10" or more. Also, you'll want a 2 point sling.

WE M14 is prone to having issues with some of their internal parts, as they will snap, wear, and jam, fairly quick after use. Probably within the first few thousand rounds. This makes RA-Tech upgrades a must one way or the other. RA-Tech is not cheap, but luckily they make pre-built, pre-upgraded variants you can get straight from them, or through an importer. The RA-Tech Level III M14 EBR is amazing, and it comes with all the upgrades and modifications required to maximize reliability. It also has an NPAS installed, because she shoots too hot out of the box on green gas, and will need to be dialed down.

Just like every GBBR, the magazines and the like are very expensive. You could probably get this platform running smooth for around $1000.00, maybe a little less, but assume it'll be closer to $1,500.00. All that being said, once you have it, and it is fully upgraded and modded, you will still likely be run down by people with lighter, more maneuverable platforms.

These guns make a good project for experienced players, but can be an endless bout of trouble for newer players, who may dump tons of money into them, and may never get any enjoyment out.
Old January 25th, 2014, 10:44   #7
Crimzzen

Thanks guys!

I'm a fairly tall guy, 6'7" so I don't think the size of it is an issue. All those issues sound disappointing though. I'd like to have similar performance to my vsr10 before changing over!

Do the ra-tech upgrades make it reliable/accurate or is it still prone to breaks? It's not my first gun but I still don't want to spend hours each week fixing it.
Old January 25th, 2014, 11:03   #8
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
my first M14 I kept running for tens of thousands of shots with home brewn fixes for problems, the gun itself was insanely accurate but had some issues like jamming caused but the architecture of the bolt and nozzle, and theres nothing you can do to fix that, its just the design (the nozzle is very long and when extended the support only touches the very base, so especially if conditions caused the gas pressure to be a bit high, the nozzle can be pushed upwards so it jams at an angle, doesnt happen alot but its pretty dang annoying)

the main upgrade for the we M14, the steel trigger box, is insanely expensive, but right now on the forums theres a smoking deal http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=161237
If I didnt already have a RAtech M14 socom with a USGI walnut stock I'd have bought this weeks ago
FWIW Id get a regular versdion not an EBR, an extra $500 for a huge ugly bulky stock that in all likelyhood is crappily made anyways? no thanks

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 11:13   #9
Ricochet

If you're serious, just buy the RA-Tech versions. You can get them to come with the EBR stock, if you're into that. It does add a whack of weight though. Their versions are not prone to the same issues. Truth be told, there is almost no WE left in them. Totally worth it if your serious, but I think it's like $70.00 a magazine.
Old January 25th, 2014, 13:13   #10
Crimzzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
If you're serious, just buy the RA-Tech versions. You can get them to come with the EBR stock, if you're into that. It does add a whack of weight though. Their versions are not prone to the same issues. Truth be told, there is almost no WE left in them. Totally worth it if your serious, but I think it's like $70.00 a magazine.
Where would one find an RA-Tech version? That would interest me more as I'm pretty sure I'd prefer the upgraded version. Price is less of an issue as long as it performs.
Old January 25th, 2014, 13:19   #11
Ricochet

I'm not sure if there is a retailer/importer on here. Their guns may also have an FRT # making them import legal. Also, buying them pre-upgraded from RA-Tech will save you a small fortune than doing it yourself.
Old January 25th, 2014, 13:47   #12
Crimzzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I'm not sure if there is a retailer/importer on here. Their guns may also have an FRT # making them import legal. Also, buying them pre-upgraded from RA-Tech will save you a small fortune than doing it yourself.
What's an FRT number?

Yeah I'd rather purchase it pre-upgraded! I wonder if I should just contact RA directly and see if they have a Canadian retailer.
Old January 25th, 2014, 15:49   #13
Ricochet

An FRT number is an Canadian acceptable import airgun. Although most guns that meet the criteria will likely make it in, but including the FRT number helps. I think someone posted a list of them on here somewhere.
Old January 25th, 2014, 15:59   #14
sundae_1021

They have an importer. I saw it before. I have an EBR, it's heavy like a saw. But you'll get used to it. Makes you run slow. But I'm only 5'9. For you Crimzzen this might not be an issue. But I'd go with AEG, no problem playing in winter time.

HATERS GONNA HATE
sundae_1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2014, 12:38   #15
Crimzzen

Yeah I've got a KWA rm4 erg. Seems I can't play without recoil anymore. Firing my springer TM vsr10 without any kick just feels wrong now lol. I've got enough guns for winter play, this would really just be for summer play. DMR/Sniper rifle. I'd definitely spring for the lvl 3 ra tech but I don't want a massive loss in performance or a liability that breaks regularly.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion