Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need Advice on Updating Camouflage - Ontario Region

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 12th, 2017, 16:23   #16
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Considering CADPAT was designed to be used in Canadian settings, if you're after effectiveness, stick to CADPAT, I've used and seen it used in pretty much every province and it works.

Oddly enough, ACU helped hide the Americans really well in Wainwright in 2009 :/
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2017, 12:55   #17
Spookums

I was having mixed results with my Cadpat in the terrain of my local fields. With large amounts of brown tree trunks and earth some spots, the dominantly green camouflage made me stick out quite a lot when dealing with these spots. If I stuck to low traffic areas with thicker bush it improved, but then not too many enemies would traverse that way.

I am also getting a bit bored with the colour scheme. Will be keeping the Cadpat for occasional use but I was looking to get a whole new set to try.
<a href=https://www.facebook.com/OntarioAirsoftJuggernaut target=_blank>Juggernaut Community Page on Facebook</a>, <a href=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyTOqCk_-cnuorNFYtEsX6w target=_blank>On Youtube @ OntarioAirsoftJuggernaut</a>
Spookums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2017, 16:13   #18
Datawraith

Sounds like MARPAT would work well then; CADPAT, but coyote :P
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2017, 14:40   #19
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Time to get some "Multicam". and I use that term lightly the US issue Scorpion the Brit MTP Canadians and a whack of others deploy with MC.
The entire Nato force and PMC world has gone that way and dedicated a ton of resources to it....why cuz it's effective in a a wide variety of environments. We have troops in Syria and Afghanistan, Africa and Europe in MC pallets. If you want to use the Atacs or the Kryptec go nuts but there is plenty enough availability and a wide selection of MC stuff available all over the province.
When it was first released I wasn't a fan of "Faded Woodland" looked like a cash grab. But having experienced how well it conceals a troop on open ground I became a believer.

Last edited by Armyissue; May 23rd, 2017 at 14:44..
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2017, 14:51   #20
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I'd look into an older camouflage pattern, such as woodlands or tiger stripes. The reason? You get access to more games/groups when you have both modern and retro camoes. Whatever people say, those older camoes are still good, and miles better than some patterns that are completely useless in woodlands like Multicam.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2017, 17:01   #21
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Time to get some "Multicam". and I use that term lightly the US issue Scorpion the Brit MTP Canadians and a whack of others deploy with MC.
The entire Nato force and PMC world has gone that way and dedicated a ton of resources to it....why cuz it's effective in a a wide variety of environments. We have troops in Syria and Afghanistan, Africa and Europe in MC pallets. If you want to use the Atacs or the Kryptec go nuts but there is plenty enough availability and a wide selection of MC stuff available all over the province.
When it was first released I wasn't a fan of "Faded Woodland" looked like a cash grab. But having experienced how well it conceals a troop on open ground I became a believer.
This man knows what he's talking about, he's had years of experience selling pants.

Legit though, MC does actually work surprisingly well in Ontario. Downside is, if you want to be "original", you're going to look like every other Multi-Glammer.

That said, I own a set for if I wind up on a Tan team (as such, it's my team's Tan uniform), and rather enjoy it, though mine is made by Tru-Spec (Had ZERO issues with it)
Old May 24th, 2017, 11:52   #22
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
This man knows what he's talking about, he's had years of experience selling pants.

Legit though, MC does actually work surprisingly well in Ontario. Downside is, if you want to be "original", you're going to look like every other Multi-Glammer.
Team Snow Dragons wore Cadpat and soon every noob on the field was rocking Cadpat.
We used it to our benefit, we hid in the surrounding noobs, and let the Opposition under estimate us.
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2017, 00:00   #23
Kozure

Quote:
I'm a bit late to this thread, but I'd look into an older camouflage pattern, such as woodlands or tiger stripes. The reason? You get access to more games/groups when you have both modern and retro camoes. Whatever people say, those older camoes are still good, and miles better than some patterns that are completely useless in woodlands like Multicam.
I ran a full M81 pattern Woodland set today. Seemed to work pretty well at the Niagara Quartermaster airsoft field, mostly forest with a few built up capture points. I think you have to choose your camo for the season and the terrain... CADPAT is a great pattern for Clarington Woods field, for example, but less effective at others.

I enjoy trying out different patterns for different situations - plus it's fun to not look like everyone else. At the same time, it can be a benefit to not stand out as was pointed out above - if you've done well, you sometimes hear people talking about "that guy in the Russian recon kit" or "the guy in flecktarn is good - hit him hard if you see him".
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2017, 01:19   #24
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozure View Post
I think you have to choose your camo for the season and the terrain...
If you're actually looking to use camouflage to your advantage, this is very true, and the base area to start. Without this, most of the other principles of camouflage and concealment won't matter.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion