Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G AEG's, Upgrades vs. Proprietary Parts?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 16th, 2016, 15:31   #1
Knocturnal

G&G AEG's, Upgrades vs. Proprietary Parts?

I'm a little rusty here and before I throw myself back into AEG's mods and upgrades I would like to ask this community a few question's regarding G&G AEG's.

I have a whole line up of G&G AEG's but having been too busy for this hobby has left me with a few blanks... Some information is sometimes hard to come by even on the internet.

The AEG in question is the TOP TECH TR4-18 Short.
My first question, what G&G parts are usually proprietary to their AEG's?
If anyone knows if there are (excluding the gearbox) any proprietary parts to this AEG in particular, I must ask which parts are?

I have upgraded several AEG's in the past, but not G&G specifically, except for minor upgrades such as buckings or tight bore barrels. I usually find that they are amazing right out of the box, thus, limited my work done to them. Having said that, I'm planning on lowering my gear ratio for quicker trigger response, along side adding an aftermarket mosfet. It seems that I couldn't limit myself to that exclusively. Changing the gear ratio leads me to wanting to change the piston, changing the piston leads me to wanting to change the piston head, changing the piston head leads me to wanting to change the cylinder... You get the idea... If I remember correctly, the Gearbox itself is proprietary in the TOP TECH series due to the pneumatic blow back system. However, having taken the gearbox apart in the past hasn't left me with any memory of specific proprietary parts.

Further questions to come! Maybe...
Knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 16:36   #2
Darklen
Administrator

For G&G blowback type guns, like yours, the gearbox is proprietary for the blowback feature. This can be disabled and does not help/harm the gun if done properly. You can change the gearbox to a standard V2 but you will lose the right side selector indicator function, forward assist decock feature and will have to replace the charging handle assembly as the factory one is designed to work with the blowback gearbox. Internally, the only things that are specific to that gearbox are the cylinder (which has a hole fo rthe blowback piston and notch for proper alignment) and the antireversal latch (which is designed to work with the decock mechanism). It will work in a regular V2 gearbox, it just won't decock. The piston is a regular AEG type, though some of the latest ones we've worked on have a full metal rack instead of only the final metal tooth.
Old April 18th, 2016, 16:56   #3
Knocturnal

Thank you for the response Darklen. I do wish to keep the blowback features, its a nice feature. So, basically the only part I need to keep other than the cylinder and anti reversal latch, other than that I can replace everything thing else with V2 aftermarket parts.
Knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications