Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CAW M24 vs CA M24

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 26th, 2005, 17:37   #1
gosurfboy

CAW M24 vs CA M24

Hello everyone...

New to airsoft (but not the real deal), and am shopping for a SWS rifle. I see tons of opinions (many from people who have never owned the actual rifle), so I have a few unanswered questions re: a few of these weapons.

1. I see a new CAW M24. Is this just the CA M24, or is it two different companies?? Haven't been able to find this info listed.

2. IF ! the CAW M24 IS different from the CA, who has one, and what do you think?

3. CAW: Are there upgrades yet? FPS, fluted barrels, etc. Need more FPS.

4. QUIET.

5. Also on my list is an M24 Tanaka, the only one of these I've held/fired. Seems quite nice, and can be very quiet, but mags are small and costly, plus gas, yet we enjoy (San Diego) mostly 60-80f (what, 12c to 27c?) days, so the factor isn't operation, just ease and simplicity.

Also have a nice tightbore/fluted Tanaka barrel I can grab for a great price, so it's a consideration...

6. Finally.....I noticed a new Tanaka with a fluted barrel AND a larger mag (ugly), but it seems that with upgrades, I would already be close to just getting this?? I don't know. Anyone seen this new version??

Just some randon thoughts and questions. Appreciate any ACTUAL use/ownership feedback, or just clarification on the CAW-CA thing...

THANKS!!!
gosurfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 17:50   #2
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosurfboy
4. QUIET: I have 17 barking dogs within 5 houses from me, in either direction. I would like to 'train' these not to bark, since their owners can't/won't, so 'quiet' is a definite must!
I don't get it. You want to shoot the dogs when they bark too much?
This is a big NO NO!!

I own a CA M24 fluted barrel. Mine is completely upgraded. I also had a stock one wich was pretty much crap.

From your post, you don't seam to be a player, but more a plinker. In this case, I would say get a BB gun. They are more powerfull, more precise and less expensive.

About the CAW stuff... never herd of it.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 17:56   #3
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111
Quote:
4. QUIET: I have 17 barking dogs within 5 houses from me, in either direction. I would like to 'train' these not to bark, since their owners can't/won't, so 'quiet' is a definite must!
I would say get a BB gun. They are more powerfull
8O
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 18:03   #4
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111
Quote:
I would say get a BB gun. They are more powerfull
8O
I mean... for plinking... Shooting dogs is a big NO NO like I said.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 18:11   #5
gosurfboy

I was joking on the dog thing..... But I will be playing some games in airsoft, so looking for quiet... And just wasn't sure about this CAW vs. a CA. - if they were the same maker or not. Some links appear to be a brand new item.

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/trade/...category_id=18
Old July 26th, 2005, 18:25   #6
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Different makers. Never heard of CAW making M24s, but the airsoft world does tend to move fast & quietly.

CAW is know for things like Mosquito Molds 40mm grenade launchers, both M79 type and the 6 shot revolver type (watch out, Apoc has one now!!!!) but their making a sniper rifle is news to me as well. The Classic Army M24 is a workhorse, but needs a fair bit of TLC to get it to that status. Definitly NOT a beginners rifle. I have a true workhorse, have put many hours into it fixing it up (I got it abused from the second owner) and I have total confidence in it now (more when I get my upgraded piston, spring guide, etc.)

Since you are in California, a gas gun might be a reasonable choice for you due to the ability to use duster or propane, and not have to worry too much about temperature/humidity fluctuations as we do. I also have a KJW M700 that is a sweetheart, but is pretty unpredictable (outside) so far that I've owned it. Hell, it looks like an M24 but without the bull barrel or adjustable stock. Might want to take a look at that.

Finally, as far as sniper rifles go, Airsoft Retreat in the Sniper's Perch section is the best source of info about airsoft that I've found yet. Yes, even MORE so than Airsoft Canada. In case you've been there, I'm Canadian_Stalker down there.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 18:29   #7
gosurfboy

Another link, which again appears that this is something new, and not a CA M24:

http://www.renegaderecon.com/recon_details.php?id=222
Old July 26th, 2005, 18:52   #8
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Oh well, nuff said! Like I said, have seen nothing about it up here on the forum, so Sniper's Perch might be the guys to ask. Maybe Harenil or BlackJack to start.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 19:04   #9
newtype

Send a message via MSN to newtype
Craft Apple Works do make m24 sws.
Its more reallistic (appearence wise) than the tanaka's m24.

view http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forum...howtopic=22717

and goto CAW's website www.caw.co.jp

You can use prometheous pss10 spring in caw and there are other upgrades out there.
newtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 00:25   #10
gosurfboy

So it IS a different company! Thanks. Craft Apple Works (CAW). CA - Classic Army/

Have a Japanese friend..... I'll get her over here to translate!
Old July 27th, 2005, 00:34   #11
gosurfboy

Wondering....one link said that the Tanaka and the CAW were developed together. Anyone seen a word or two if a G&G barrel for the Tanaka would work on the CAW?
Old July 27th, 2005, 00:42   #12
SEALs

Send a message via ICQ to SEALs Send a message via AIM to SEALs Send a message via MSN to SEALs Send a message via Yahoo to SEALs
CAW M24 are old version, they are better made than CA but I wouldnt be ready to say they're better made than tanaka. I've read quite a few review on every type of M24 out there and all say the same: Between CA and CAW choose CAW for its better quality and finish but if you want something that is very close to the real deal get Tanaka. I've handle real remington 700 (which is the same as the M24 beside the stock, and the tanaka is the same shit. The only dead give away is the up hop dial on the rail and the trademark on the left side of the reciever. Fully and easy power adjustement, awesome power out of the box and way more realiable than spring.

Father of fear, reckless and widowmaker
SEALs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 21:49   #13
newtype

Send a message via MSN to newtype
tanaka's m24 is not more close to the real deal. tanaka used short action type reciever used in m700 seriese which is shorter than the m24. caw made this more real using long-action type reciever. tanaka is also missing the adaptor for the iron sight on the left side of the reciever.
spring guns are more accurate than the gas rifles which this guy seem to want. caw's m24 is still in production which is now version2 with changes in sear and minor parts. the accuracy is somewhat close to the tm vsr.
newtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 04:08   #14
lamlok

Send a message via ICQ to lamlok Send a message via MSN to lamlok
The CAW M24 is the most realistic spring load airgun. If you check out CA, TM, Sun project, APS series, the magazine is forward of where it should be. Only CAW M24 have the Mag in right place.
However please keep in mind that the inner barrel length of ALL spring load sniper gun is shorter than Gas operated version due to the cylinder length
lamlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 10:40   #15
RAS_Jackson

Send a message via MSN to RAS_Jackson
CA M24 suck, ive seen so many problems with these. the major problems are the Hop up and the gearbox trigger assemably. (they BREAK) they dont shoot hard and when you upgrade them bad things happen. If you looking for a Sniper i would say Tanaka then CAW. my persoanl opinion you wasting your money with a spring sniper, i lean towards a gas, simply more power and no upgrading. Gas is bulit to perform Spring is bulit to spec, anything more you risk damaging it.

www.rangersairsoft.com
RAS_Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion