Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

BOLT B4A1 Carbine

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 30th, 2017, 14:21   #1
rambo1

BOLT B4A1 Carbine

I bought this gun from 007 last year because I liked the recoil which made it feel more realistic. The gun itself was $599 CAD and I thought it would be a pretty decent gun for that price.

At the moment, everything is stock as I have no idea how the gun/upgrading works, but I am also not satisfied with it's aiming. We were out playing yesterday and I couldn't hit shit with it cause the BB(0.28g) were not hitting the target consistently.

2 BBs would go straight and the third would either curve up,down,left or right. We adjusted the hop up and still the same shit.

Can this gun be improved and Did I pay too much for this crappy thing? Suggestions?

https://postimg.org/image/kdq2oe0mf/ <== image if it doesn't load on this page

rambo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2017, 15:22   #2
riley_A

First thing you should do is check your barrel and make sure its clean. If its not clean, remove the barrel from the hop up chamber, remove the bucking from the barrel, and clean the barrel. Dont use anything but a dry lint free cleaning cloth to swab your barrel. If you use any cleaning liquid or oil to clean your barrel, it'll leave residue in the bore which will subsequently affect your accuracy.

The next thing you should do is check your bucking and make sure its not worn or torn. Also wipe clean the inner surface of your bucking to make sure theres no oil on it. The bucking has to be able to grip the BB in order to give it backspin so if theres oil on it, that will negate the buckings ability to spin the BB consistently.

Once you've done all of those things, reassemble your hop up unit with your bucking and barrel. Make sure the bucking is straight on the barrel first of all (shouldnt be that hard as theres a groove on the bottom of the barrel that lines up with a ridge on the inside of the bucking). Now you can insert your barrel into your hopup chamber. Also make sure that your barrel is straight in your hop up chamber. If its not straight that could lead to slightly sideways hop being applied to the BB.

Giving everything a good clean should fix your issue. If it doesnt, then you haven a much larger problem on your hands
riley_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2017, 16:39   #3
jmireau
Loves Moderators

How cold was it when you were playing yesterday? Low temperatures can adversely affect hop up/consistency.
Old January 30th, 2017, 23:26   #4
dpvu

Send a message via MSN to dpvu
Start with the hop up. Disassemble the unit and clean the bucking as others have suggested. There could be excess oils getting in there if the mechbox was overlubed and the lube used for the cylinder/piston is too light.

It doesn't sound like an air seal issue so I wouldn't open the mechbox right now if you're not comfortable with that. Excess oils will eventually all be expelled and you may just need to clean your hop/barrel more often.
Old January 31st, 2017, 10:38   #5
rambo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley_A View Post
First thing you should do is check your barrel and make sure its clean. If its not clean, remove the barrel from the hop up chamber, remove the bucking from the barrel, and clean the barrel. Dont use anything but a dry lint free cleaning cloth to swab your barrel. If you use any cleaning liquid or oil to clean your barrel, it'll leave residue in the bore which will subsequently affect your accuracy.

The next thing you should do is check your bucking and make sure its not worn or torn. Also wipe clean the inner surface of your bucking to make sure theres no oil on it. The bucking has to be able to grip the BB in order to give it backspin so if theres oil on it, that will negate the buckings ability to spin the BB consistently.

Once you've done all of those things, reassemble your hop up unit with your bucking and barrel. Make sure the bucking is straight on the barrel first of all (shouldnt be that hard as theres a groove on the bottom of the barrel that lines up with a ridge on the inside of the bucking). Now you can insert your barrel into your hopup chamber. Also make sure that your barrel is straight in your hop up chamber. If its not straight that could lead to slightly sideways hop being applied to the BB.

Giving everything a good clean should fix your issue. If it doesnt, then you haven a much larger problem on your hands
Thanks I will look into this. My buddy suggested that perhaps the barrel might be loose. This was my third game with this gun besides a few times shooting it outdoors.
Old January 31st, 2017, 10:39   #6
rambo1

it was about 8+. Wasn't too cold but it was a little windy. But i know for a fact that the BB wouldn't curve up because of the wind cause i tested it when there wasn't any wind there either.
Old January 31st, 2017, 10:40   #7
rambo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpvu View Post
Start with the hop up. Disassemble the unit and clean the bucking as others have suggested. There could be excess oils getting in there if the mechbox was overlubed and the lube used for the cylinder/piston is too light.

It doesn't sound like an air seal issue so I wouldn't open the mechbox right now if you're not comfortable with that. Excess oils will eventually all be expelled and you may just need to clean your hop/barrel more often.
The oil from the mechanism itself or excess oil from the outside? Cause the gun is electric.
Old February 1st, 2017, 12:11   #8
dpvu

Send a message via MSN to dpvu
Oils from inside the mechbox. The piston going forward in the cylinder is what propels the BB out. The piston head has an o-ring that seals against the cylinder and there is grease and lube to help keep things moving smoothly. If there's too much or it's too light (i.e. not viscous enough) small amounts can end up being pushed out with the air.

I'm not saying that's 100% what the problem is. I've never worked on a BOLT but it definitely sounds like a hop up issue and it is one of the sources of a potential problem.
Old February 1st, 2017, 13:42   #9
Darklen
Administrator

Bolt come with a 6.01mm tightbore from the factory. Make sure the inner barrel is clean as well. I've seen this being as much a problem as a hopup issue.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank