Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Am I being unreasonable?

:

General

Closed Thread

Old June 18th, 2015, 07:43   #1
Shamusodoofus

Am I being unreasonable?

So I have an interesting dilemma and I'm hoping to get some input on what people think I should do.

The story goes as follows:
"Joe" PM's me about an ad I have in the classifieds and inquires about a trade, we PM back and forth and come to an agreement on the trade. We both agree to ship our items out the same day as one another so we both get them around the same time. The second I printed the shipping label from Canada Post, I sent a PM with tracking info and dropped it off within 5 minutes of that PM (June 4th).

I don't receive any update on the matter for a few days despite being promised it would be shipped the same day as I shipped mine. I am not at all an unreasonable person and gave the benefit of the doubt that something important must have come up. It happens, not a big deal. I send a PM 3 days after (June 7th) I ship politely requesting an update, no reply. I send out a second PM, again, politely asking for an update 5 days (3 business days) after I shipped because the parcel has been delivered to "Joe's" address (June 9th). I get a reply from "Joe" saying he had a family emergency and had to go out of town for several days and it will be shipped the following day. This is a completely reasonable and understandable excuse and I do not fault him for it. I politely wish him the best and told him I appreciate the update.

I patiently wait a week for an update as I am now aware of his situation. There is no update from "Joe" in the week I waited so I kindly PM "Joe" asking if he was able to ship it out yet (June 15th). Three days pass and it has now been two weeks since I shipped my package out (on June 4th) and I still have yet to receive anything; no tracking number, no update, no PMs since June 9th. I have checked his ASC profile and it says he was on last night and there has been activity on his social media account in the time that I have waited; I know for fact he does have internet access wherever he may be.

*It should be noted I have not sent a single threatening or otherwise unhappy PM yet.

TLDR: "Joe" and I agree to a trade, I fulfill my end of the deal and I have yet to receive "Joe's"

So ASC, am I being unreasonable for starting to get a bit impatient? I know the next step is to threaten legal action but my gut feeling is that it's too soon. That being said, I also don't want to wait too long to the point that my claim becomes invalid. What is the next step?
Old June 18th, 2015, 08:06   #2
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

You should PM a mod directly and bring it to there attention

Two weeks isn't that long to wait, a family emergency will always take priority to a internet sale in my book.

Some reassuring correspondence would be appreciated I'm sure but I would give them benefit of doubt and take into consideration there trade rating

There is another similar thread to this one http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=172725

I hope you resolve this amicably which it seems you've been doing from day one.
Old June 18th, 2015, 08:07   #3
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Man, theres a lot of these threads lately.......

Does ASC keep a database of users personal information (address, real name ect) when they get AV'd? I dont remember my av'r really taking down my info or my gf's for that matter. Mind it was quite a long time ago.

Hopefully this knob you are dealing with is just very bad at managing time, and hasn't stolen this items from you. Does your item say it was delivered?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
Old June 18th, 2015, 08:25   #4
Shamusodoofus

The individual in question has 0 trader rating. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt solely based on the fact that he is age verified. I have never in my 7 years of being on ASC been screwed by someone who has been age verified. A few things that concern me is the fact that he has 0 trader rating and the address he provided for me to ship to is a business, not his personal address (though it's possible he could own the business, it's doubtful based on his social media).

I still want to give the individual in question the benefit of the doubt, but it's starting to get difficult as he is clearly online and just not keeping me updated. A simple "sorry, I've been really busy I can't get it out to you until further notice" would be more than sufficient and would definitely have me assured. I am not upset or impatient about not receiving the item, I am getting a bit impatient at the lack of comms when it is evident he has the means to keep them (either through ASC or cell phone).
Old June 18th, 2015, 08:35   #5
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

You are fully in the right to be upset, a zero rating, a non residential address and no communication when they are clearly online are definite red flags!

Hold on I'll get my pitchfork...

ASC's angry mob assemble!!!

Last edited by localfreerider; June 18th, 2015 at 08:44..
Old June 18th, 2015, 11:47   #6
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Retailer, a business that is in the profession of providing products and dealing with customers in a professional and competent manner.

Classified a drywaller who got some shit that he don't want no more and could go fer the extra twenty bux. yeah yeah uh huh alrite already fuck!
Old June 18th, 2015, 11:59   #7
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Yeah I dont find this unreasonable at all. You have been more than patient. If for example you havent seen that they have been online that different but if they have logged in they can at least say sry stilo busy will update asap, or something to that effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old June 18th, 2015, 12:08   #8
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
If he said same day, it should be the same day. I would have been skeptical by the second day.

Canada Post closes at 8:00, some locations 9:00 pm, There's no excuse for someone to spend 20 minutes to drive to the CP, wait in line, and send it off.

Edit:

In terms of "legal action" I've heard this quite a lot of the past few months, does anything actually get resolved?

Last edited by BioRage; June 18th, 2015 at 12:13..
Old June 18th, 2015, 14:55   #9
J-Man19

Negative rating, get mods involved and possibly police. No communication for 2 weeks is shady as fuck.
Old June 18th, 2015, 15:04   #10
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
If he said same day, it should be the same day. I would have been skeptical by the second day.

Canada Post closes at 8:00, some locations 9:00 pm, There's no excuse for someone to spend 20 minutes to drive to the CP, wait in line, and send it off.

Edit:

In terms of "legal action" I've heard this quite a lot of the past few months, does anything actually get resolved?
Thats part of why dealing on ASC is great. The mods have all the paticulars o the person and all the PM's agreing to the deal. Once handed over to the police they will investigate and lay charges accordingly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old June 18th, 2015, 15:32   #11
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Thats part of why dealing on ASC is great. The mods have all the paticulars o the person and all the PM's agreing to the deal. Once handed over to the police they will investigate and lay charges accordingly.
Well, I heard that too, but I haven't ever seen a post of saying it got resolved, or charges had been laid.

So was curious if things actually end up working out.
Old June 18th, 2015, 15:33   #12
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamusodoofus View Post
So ASC, am I being unreasonable for starting to get a bit impatient?
No. Get your stuff back.
Old June 18th, 2015, 17:46   #13
Shamusodoofus

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to give him until tomorrow before I start pursuing my other options given his personal matters. I will also call his work place where the package was shipped before pulling the trigger on threatening legal action.
Old June 18th, 2015, 17:51   #14
hollywood...
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man19 View Post
Negative rating, get mods involved and possibly police. No communication for 2 weeks is shady as fuck.
agreed - this guy is clearly not on the up and up

what is his Call Sign so no one else gets scammed
Old June 18th, 2015, 18:58   #15
Shamusodoofus

I'm going to withhold the individual's username until this gets resolved if you guys do not mind. Rest assured, he does not have any ads listed in the classifieds. I do not want to start a witch hunt until after I know for 100% fact I am being screwed.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General