Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My new film!!(all weapons used were airsoft)

:

Airsoft Media

Old April 12th, 2011, 19:59   #1
Caspian
Banned

My new film!!(all weapons used were airsoft)

http://www.youtube.com/user/T4Hmovies?feature=mhum

I'm the director here at my studio and we finally released out latest film. This is what actually made me get into Airsoft.
Hope you all enjoy!
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 20:07   #2
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Awesome!
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 20:13   #3
Mitchell12
vision impaired

Awesome? I can't agree less I'm afraid, I was just watchin the scene where the chick owns them in what must be the worst fight scene I've ever seen. I'm not trying to slam it but I've seen way better Indy films and low budget films. Bad acting, Sea sick Camera man, Bad bad Costumes, OK editing if you like gravol.

Or to sum it up... It was Canadian.

I edited because I typed like a Re-Re.

Last edited by Mitchell12; April 13th, 2011 at 00:00..
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 20:22   #4
Kalash

Should have changed videocopilot's stuff a bit, instead of just changing the text. Kind of lazy and immoral tbh.
Kalash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 20:23   #5
Skladfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell12 View Post
Awesome? I can't agree less I'm afraid, I was just watched the scene where the chick owns them it what must be the worst fight scene I've ever scene. I'm not trying to slam it but I've seen way better Indy films and low budget films. Bad acting, Sea sick Camera man, Bad bad Costumes, OK editing if you like gravol.

lol yeah, saw that part... the editing was... well

continuity.

looks somewhat pretty though.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 20:27   #6
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

well it is quite awesome.. could use a little work I mean its no FreddieW or PWNISHER... still awesome none the less
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 21:54   #7
Caspian
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell12 View Post
Awesome? I can't agree less I'm afraid, I was just watched the scene where the chick owns them it what must be the worst fight scene I've ever scene. I'm not trying to slam it but I've seen way better Indy films and low budget films. Bad acting, Sea sick Camera man, Bad bad Costumes, OK editing if you like gravol.

Mitchell, if you have anything else that you've made that`s better than what you've seen - I'll accept it as constructive criticism, but I highly doubt that you have anything to show.
I do agree with you on the fight part and hand-held camera shots, but if you watch Battle: LA, although many mixed reviews about it, is basically Cloverfield, Independence Day and Black Hawk Down. And I found it amazing.
The reason for the fight scene where she kicks ass was shot poorly, mainly due to time constraints and a lack of storyboard. Now if a single scene can ruin an entire film for you, don't see movies.

Thanks for the other comments guys, really appreciate it.
We're not trying to compete with Pwnisher or Freddie because our style is different and we basically don't have all the fancy equipment, but they are of heavy influence to us.

Last edited by Caspian; April 12th, 2011 at 21:56..
Old April 13th, 2011, 00:11   #8
Mitchell12
vision impaired

I loved Battle: LA and Black Hawk Down. I watched your video with High hopes as well!

I'm not in the film industry but I can tell when something sucks.

I'm also not in the Sanitation and highway maintainance industry but I can certainly smell it when a school bus runs over a skunk.

I realize it's a movie and all but how the hell can anyone take it seriously?

It's not exciting.
It's not educational.
It's not erotic.
It's not comedic.
It's not interesting.
It's not good.

The first 4 min this is pretty much what you see.

Old April 13th, 2011, 00:16   #9
Strelok

Well, admittedly. I do agree. Voiceacting could be a lot better. While screenplay, camera angles and editing were superb, a lot of minor things as mentioned above (The primary being the acting and some of the wardrobe choices) really seemed to detract from its potential. It really comes down to having your actors relax as they portray their character, rather than overemphasizing on speech and body language (Which is pretty out there in this.)

The lady with the 'accent' was a pretty good example of this, and the bearded man earlier on with the suitcase as well. Dialog was more forced rather than 'rehearsed', making it sound awkward.

The best advice I can give is to have your actors learn to rehearse their lines with a regular habit of speech, rather than 'rehearsing' as the script instructs them to. It will take a lot of practice and a 'lot' of honesty on your film group to get it down to a good, comfortable, and most importantly 'convincing' level.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 00:21   #10
Mitchell12
vision impaired

What we've learned here is I must have an exceptionally low tolerance for shit. Goodnight ASC.
Old April 13th, 2011, 00:25   #11
Strelok

Sleep tight. Don't let the rage hemorrhoids bite.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 00:56   #12
fi3re

Send a message via MSN to fi3re
I can tell you've spent a bit of time on this! A lot of these guys havent made films before and obviously cannot tell how much work and technique is involved to get up to freddie's level. You just need to watch and make more videos! Learn better shot continuity as a lot of people have said as well as better camera work. Visually It looks great though.

My two biggest things are audio (GET better mics, both directional and the ones that you clip on actors. Right now it just sounds so shot-with-my-moms-camera)
and acting. They dont seem like professionals at all, they need to improve a lot.

Love the end credits though, did you do that?

TM MP5k PDW -ris, stubby grip, DNTC, electro
KWA USP 45

"SNIPER" is NOT a gun. It is a person. Saying "I use a sniper" is like saying "I fly a pilot".
fi3re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 01:15   #13
Caspian
Banned

Thank you Strelok and fi3re. We should all pitch in and get the guy some Prep H.
And fi3re, a friend of mine did all of the editing, he's great at it!
I agree with you, freddiew is up there because of his many video's. Everything you see that he posts now is because of his experience through creating his mass amount of films. I do plan on making a sequel to this(60 - 90 mins), and I'm actually looking for people who have their own gear to act as extra's during a giant firefight scene.
Old April 13th, 2011, 01:15   #14
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
i agree, with many of the people, it sucks but its not entirely bad. it is your first short film afterall. all i have to say is that, your actors arent good, and they kinda suck other than that your cinematography and editing was pretty aite but seriously, you should fire all of those actors they suck and pretty much destroyed the film. the "General" WAYY TOO YOUNG, dun make sense having a super young general, you should have used the old guy in the office who gives them the assignment and switched roles with that young guy.

Mise En Scene was decent. just your actors are terrible hahaha no offense..... you should have looked for some theatre students or something where ever you live.. Im a film student and i know lots of hardwork was put into it, i just cant help ranting about your actors tho, terribllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

They need more attitude........ anyway props
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:03   #15
spartan117

Too much shaky cam. I could barely make out some of the scenes but i did have a general idea of what was going on. Some of the acting and lines were mediocre. I'm not a director myself but your directing needs some work. But it is your first film. Good job!

Last edited by spartan117; April 13th, 2011 at 02:10..
spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media